Apocalypse Now 15 Jock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MoviePosterEmpire

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:30 am

GoreMetChef wrote:
churdiales wrote:I'll chime in. :pint:

This is a disaster. It's not a good print. As RN noted it seems repetitive and underwhelming. A scene we have often seen, doesn't bring the innovative factor that Jock was able to create with his Shaun of the Dead, even Halloween.

Step off the ladder and off the private commission theme park. Only good things that have come out of these groups are ALL Tomer Hanuka prints, 2001 by Eng, and that Lost in Translation by Matt Talor -pretty sure all by the E10 group- but who cares at this point. Please stop. Please stop. Please stop.

Kill the hype before the E10 commission piece--good tactic 8)
Can't wait to see the E10 AN since E10 doesn't come out with anything bad. :hanging:
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:41 am

Can't say I've ever been angered by a print but apparently that dude is. Woosah.

And I don't even count those 10 print runs as real prints anyway. So good, bad or neutral I couldn't care less about a print with that small a run. But the other commish groups, along with this one, have actually made some killer prints. Way more quality than Mondo has put out in 2015... So there's that.
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:17 am

63schoeffling wrote:Can't say I've ever been angered by a print but apparently that dude is. Woosah.

And I don't even count those 10 print runs as real prints anyway. So good, bad or neutral I couldn't care less about a print with that small a run. But the other commish groups, along with this one, have actually made some killer prints. Way more quality than Mondo has put out in 2015... So there's that.
He's probably part of E10 and they have an AN print in the works. Realizing this one kills the one they are doing.

:P
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:28 am

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
GoreMetChef wrote:
churdiales wrote:I'll chime in. :pint:

This is a disaster. It's not a good print. As RN noted it seems repetitive and underwhelming. A scene we have often seen, doesn't bring the innovative factor that Jock was able to create with his Shaun of the Dead, even Halloween.

Step off the ladder and off the private commission theme park. Only good things that have come out of these groups are ALL Tomer Hanuka prints, 2001 by Eng, and that Lost in Translation by Matt Talor -pretty sure all by the E10 group- but who cares at this point. Please stop. Please stop. Please stop.

Kill the hype before the E10 commission piece--good tactic 8)
Can't wait to see the E10 AN since E10 doesn't come out with anything bad. :hanging:
It's never bad because it's REALLY LIMITED, duh
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:04 am

churdiales wrote:^^ Not sure I get your (I will venture to say: "uninformed") remarks of me liking only E10 commisions. I like them because they are unique -Hanuka more so than others. Not one single one of them is a rehashed idea or a color palette we have seen in the past.

This Apocalypse Now image is like seeing the Eiffel Tower in person after seeing it in photographs 1,000,000 times. It has the same effect: zero. It's more than that, almost like repulsion. And I am not talking down on you, I am telling you (visual) information you probably see yourself (hence the defensiveness?)

Anyway: :pint:
Most drymounting moronic post I have read in awhile. Congrats, now go back to your hole and continue to see the world through photos and computer screens......Poor
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 am

Variant run of 50 :shock:
ImageImage
blackbird68
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 am

NEWPORTS69 wrote:Mount Rushmore looks 1000x better in photos/film than real life, probably most disappointing monument ever in person
agree

and
Crazy Horse > Mount Rushmore
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Jock's AN :heart: > Crazy Horse > Mount Rushmore > Eiffel Tower
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:43 pm

kansasbbq wrote:What's up J?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
live4music

Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Can anyone inform a noob like me how people got these? I've never heard of a private commission that included hundreds of posters but I'm definitely intrigued (and lost)...?

Edit: I've since been enlightened. That's very rad, I'm very jealous! Thanks to the fellas who informed me.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 am

Buncha EBers on facebook started their own commish clubs.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 am

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
MoviePosterEmpire

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

Codeblue wrote:Buncha EBers on facebook started their own commish clubs.
Hobbies are supposed to be fun and experienced with others?
churdiales
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Codeblue wrote:Buncha EBers on facebook started their own clubs to command art they have no clue about.
Viva E10
...and equality for all.

Equality > Jock's AN
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Buncha EBers on facebook started their own commish clubs.
Hobbies are supposed to be fun and experienced with others?
Says the dude raging on Doyle every possible chance he gets.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.