Australian FS/FT thread

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:26 pm

My Obeys usually come with the notice that they have been opened which always fills me with confidence when im flattening and checking for grub marks all over the print. Touch wood no issues to date.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:53 pm

When I purchased my Horkey True Grit on wood, I was so nervous about customs. Tracking showed that it was with customs when it hit Australia, and I feared the worst just because it’s treated timber. And the seller packed it like a champ too so I was thinking they would get frustrated trying to get in to it and instead would just rip it open. They also had it for 3 or so days too… I hated waiting.

But anyway, when I received it (covered in customs tape) I was surprised and very relieved to see that they not only re-packaged it correctly, but added extra packaging too. So ive got a bit of faith in them now.
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Morning guys, just wondering if any of you would be interested in that guy?

Looks like he's referring to PP. Original run and AP sold out. Nice discount from 2 posters. I don't know about shipping to Australia but we could share (Melbourne or anywhere else). Mention my name if you email him (François), let me know if you're in! :pint:
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:55 am

wapalms
Art Expert

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:07 am

And another
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/cit ... 7409390940

wonder wtf is happening to this place sometimes
Image Image X2
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:19 am

I know roo has a couple, any other Aussies own a Banksy? Know of any that might be for sale in Australia?
Just curious
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:09 am

wottagunn wrote:I know roo has a couple, any other Aussies own a Banksy? Know of any that might be for sale in Australia?
Just curious
I know a guy with two chocolate donuts ;)
Your Australian Poster Guy
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:54 am

Banksy huh. Wotta - you're movin' on up in the world. 8)
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
roo
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:19 am

wottagunn wrote:I know roo has a couple, any other Aussies own a Banksy? Know of any that might be for sale in Australia?
Just curious
Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone :) I only know of about 20 and none are for sale that i know of. They do pop up just not very often. I know of a few that have bought from OS and packed in a 5"pvc tube sent priority express but only insured for under the $1000. Just make sure they ship the coa separate. Come to think of it i bought a Toxic Mary and a Queen Vic thru Ebay and both times the 2 different sellers had its value at $50 they sent them express and all arrived as it should. Don't do it tho if you are the worrying or glass half empty type.. 4 Just sold at auction at Bonhams for fair coin and all 4 had issues with 2 of them with a fair bit of damage. The Donuts went for $18.500. Coloured Trolleys 17k, Very Little Helps 19.5k and a grey Nola with 2 creases and some scuffing for $26k Au. So in theory Matts 2 Donuts are worth a new Audi A3 :lol:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Cheers for the info roo… fuuuuck that’s a bit of coin. Seems to be higher prices than I expected but its hard to gauge them currently as each one that sells goes for quite a bit more than the previous.
Just noticed someone on the Banksy forum is selling a CWSB, no price listed. I haven’t been following his work for ages but ive never seen one of these for sale. Someone estimated 20k GBP
roo
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:19 am

wottagunn wrote:Cheers for the info roo… fuuuuck that’s a bit of coin. Seems to be higher prices than I expected but its hard to gauge them currently as each one that sells goes for quite a bit more than the previous.
Just noticed someone on the Banksy forum is selling a CWSB, no price listed. I haven’t been following his work for ages but ive never seen one of these for sale. Someone estimated 20k GBP
Yes i don't think Murderone would sell it for less than $35k Au. I always loved the image and new i should of snagged one when i had the chance for £2k. Funny i was just watching a old episode of Four Rooms from 2013 where they all said Banksy is so yesterday with one dealer offering £200 he sold it for £7k which at the current exchange rate at the time was around $10kAu I love it when the people in the so called know get it so very very wrong. I think like Toxic Mary this does not get the love as much due to the perceived religious content. I still think if you bought at $35k there would be some profit down the road just not as much as for the people that snagged them for under £500 back in 2004 :ziggi:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:17 am

Well for as long as ive been watching a few Banksy’s (only a couple of years) they’ve all increased in price.
Makes it bloody difficult for someone like me that wouldn’t mind picking up his first piece!

I have a question for all aussies here – do tracking numbers for international shipments still work for you on the Auspost website?
For the last 5 or so purchases of mine, the website just says that the tracking number is invalid for me, when it used to say something like “overseas tracking” or something similar. It would say that until it landed in Aus, and then it would provide detailed tracking as it moves to my local post office.
Now though, even when I know that a package is in Australia, it still says that the number is invalid, but ill be able to track it on the USPS website or whoever the carrier is.
It’s not a big deal because it can still be tracked via USPS, but the auspost tracking would say if it’s in my town or the one over etc rather than just saying “in transit”.

Hope that makes sense.
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:31 am

I've found that USPS 1st Class and Priority no longer track via Aus Post. Though USPS Priority still tracks via the USPS tracking page. USPS Express tracks on both sites, however the USPS site is more detailed and up to date. It's the Liberals fault for cutting Aus Posts funding.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:00 am

I've given up trying to pay attention to tracking numbers. I set up for all my mail to go to a box at the post office so I can pick it up after hours. Makes it a heck of a lot easier - and I get a text message to say the parcel has arrived, rather than go home, find the note that the package has arrived, wait til the following day to go down to the post office to pick it up, spend another fifteen minutes waiting for them to find it, then to get it.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
NoObism
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:40 am

DonPiano wrote:I've given up trying to pay attention to tracking numbers. I set up for all my mail to go to a box at the post office so I can pick it up after hours. Makes it a heck of a lot easier - and I get a text message to say the parcel has arrived, rather than go home, find the note that the package has arrived, wait til the following day to go down to the post office to pick it up, spend another fifteen minutes waiting for them to find it, then to get it.
What's that costing you Don?
RottenAtom wrote:Put up or shut up. Acting like a beggin ass bitch probably won't get you anywhere.

Welcome to EB :pint: