Blade Runner 15 Domaradzki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ZEUXIS
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:31 pm

dskdaniel wrote:Oh, I'm well aware of the "other one," I just think the artwork is good and would be easier to appreciate all of it clean.
This design was carefully chosen and typography designed with language in the movie. The poster is made as a storyboard of the movie from top to bottom. Without this cleverly made typographical element it would be just another poster while with it I think it makes it quite unique. I understand not everyone will appreciate It's design and it's probably totally pointless me going into its design since it was made specifically for people within the commission and not public.

Cheers.
Last edited by ZEUXIS on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_
Haterbaiter
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:33 pm

ZEUXIS wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Oh, I'm well aware of the "other one," I just think the artwork is good and would be easier to appreciate all of it clean.
This design was fearfully chosen and typography designed with language in the movie. The poster is made as a storyboard of the movie from top to bottom. I understand not everyone will appreciate It's design and it's probably totally pointless me going into its design since it was made specifically for people within the commission and not public.

Cheers.
Meh. :pint:
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Don't mess with the Bladerunnerz fanz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ZEUXIS
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:38 pm

rubberneck wrote:Don't mess with the Bladerunnerz fanz!
Haha there's a bit of trolling there to be had lol ;)
_
Haterbaiter
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 pm

ZEUXIS wrote:
This design was carefully chosen and typography designed with language in the movie. The poster is made as a storyboard of the movie from top to bottom. Without this cleverly made typographical element it would be just another poster while with it I think it makes it quite unique. I understand not everyone will appreciate It's design and it's probably totally pointless me going into its design since it was made specifically for people within the commission and not public.

Cheers.
Yeah, I just said I'd like to see the artwork clean without the distraction of the typography, however intricately it may be placed, not that the poster should be that way. But cheers to you as well.
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Pretty solid layout
That's what she said
beerotan
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Should I assume these were already all purchased before the artist even printed it? I'm not too familiar with how private commissions work. Such a great image, wish I could get a copy.
ZEUXIS
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Yes all are gone sorry, and the artist is not the one printing it. Cheers.
_
Haterbaiter
jgarrison
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:31 am

EPIC!
Hi EB! Long time lurker first time poster here. Now my question is....
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 am

requesting detail pics
Welcome to the sleaze pit
MoviePosterEmpire

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 am

1000steps wrote:requesting detail pics
They're already in the system or check Krzysztof's Behance page.
Billycane696
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:10 am

I wasn't a huge fan of the typography at first, I honestly had trouble even seeing the title in there. But I've come to really love this poster and how intricate the typo is. Definitely ready to hang this bad boy
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:26 am

its a nice poster but it would be good to see people in a commission banned from voting for it for Art of the Week - the whole block voting thing is getting kind of out of hand. :(
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 am

Just wondering how you would safe guard art of the week from people involved in a private commission? Does it really bother you that much anyways? I mean we all know art of the week is irrelevant.
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Daggermouth wrote:Just wondering how you would safe guard art of the week from people involved in a private commission? Does it really bother you that much anyways? I mean we all know art of the week is irrelevant.
I would say it bothers me about a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1 - 100, I just saw the tweet for AOTW at a moment I was feeling especially peevish.