Anyone here breed French Bulldogs?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Pay attention to me
image.jpg
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:39 pm

:clap: What a great thread! I'm not really a small dog guy but my wife loves FBD's and I have a big soft spot for them now too. I would love to adopt one someday but those poor little buggers have some serious health issues I've noticed.
I'm not someone else.
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Buy from a reputable breeder if you get a FBD.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Yay - new Frenchie pics! I love them.

Touch my antler treat and I keel you...
image.jpg
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:14 am

Those antlers are awesome. Dexter loves Nyla bones but always hacks up the pieces he chews off. The antlers are a whole different story.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Sometimes I like when he just stares at me.
cutiepie.jpg
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Anyone know LA area based breeders? My girlfriend and I are talking about getting one. I just can't see spending thousands of dollars for a dog when there's so many homeless dogs out there (and plus I don't have thousands of dollars just sitting around to buy a dog with), but probably not going to see a french bulldog in a shelter either.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:37 pm

dskdaniel wrote:Anyone know LA area based breeders? My girlfriend and I are talking about getting one. I just can't see spending thousands of dollars for a dog when there's so many homeless dogs out there (and plus I don't have thousands of dollars just sitting around to buy a dog with), but probably not going to see a french bulldog in a shelter either.
www.frenchbulldogrescue.org
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:14 pm

gorkie wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:Anyone know LA area based breeders? My girlfriend and I are talking about getting one. I just can't see spending thousands of dollars for a dog when there's so many homeless dogs out there (and plus I don't have thousands of dollars just sitting around to buy a dog with), but probably not going to see a french bulldog in a shelter either.
http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org
Reading those dogs profiles is heart breaking. So many poor dogs with issues like allergies, paralization, stomach issues, etc, it's really sad what happens to these poor guys. I'm not sure many of them would be good fits for first time frenchie owners.
It's also a good cautionary tale for those not doing their research finding an A plus breeder: a lot of these dogs have expensive, painful and time consuming issues due to poor breeding.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:28 pm

bayharborbutcher wrote:
gorkie wrote:
http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org
Reading those dogs profiles is heart breaking. So many poor dogs with issues like allergies, paralization, stomach issues, etc, it's really sad what happens to these poor guys. I'm not sure many of them would be good fits for first time frenchie owners.
It's also a good cautionary tale for those not doing their research finding an A plus breeder: a lot of these dogs have expensive, painful and time consuming issues due to poor breeding.
You are correct, but there are also some people out there who really love to rescue dogs who happen to have serious issues. I have a coworker who rescues dogs and she only wants the ones that are really a serious mess. These guys do get plenty of dogs with very little issues also, but they go very quickly.
ontheDL
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:25 am

My girlfriend and I were ridiculously close to dropping 3K on a frenchie earlier this year. We ended up looking around and got a pomeranian chihuahua from a lady who had taken over her mom's last litter after she passed away. There are other dogs out there. I would've loved a frenchie but looking back on it, we're so glad we didn't drop the money (that we didn't have) on one. I mean...if you have the money, go for it. But we ended up with an awesome dog for $200 and also helped someone out in the process.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:59 am

ontheDL wrote:
My girlfriend and I were ridiculously close to dropping 3K on a frenchie earlier this year. We ended up looking around and got a pomeranian chihuahua from a lady who had taken over her mom's last litter after she passed away. There are other dogs out there. I would've loved a frenchie but looking back on it, we're so glad we didn't drop the money (that we didn't have) on one. I mean...if you have the money, go for it. But we ended up with an awesome dog for $200 and also helped someone out in the process.
Pics please? I want pics!!! I bet he/she is adorable.
ontheDL
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 am

He pretty much gets whatever he wants.

gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 am

Cute as hell. Look at that face. Awesome!
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:28 pm

That's a good lookin' pooch. :D
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines