Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Any sub holder spots opening up roman?! When you have a second to get down from your high horse sign me up brotha.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:50 pm

1.) I have not been running from any lawsuits. Not a single one. Not sure where that info came from, but it is way off base.
2.) Once the sub is done, there will be no more subs. I do not think it is a good business model for a company working with varying artists, printers and licenses. I like how Grey Matter was able to do a subscription on one title and the pieces were great. I just do not think it works for an entire company like this. It was a bad model to begin with.
3.) This transparency came from me just letting you know what is going on with the prints and how they are stuck in customs. They were cleared on 6/03/2015 and somehow got held back again. I wanted everyone to see it for themselves. Being more transparent is better than being less transparent.
4.) I have never thrown one printer under the bus. I have never mentioned any printer by name because I don't think it is a cool thing to do. Sometimes printers just have bad runs and I get that.
5.) I started having doubts about selling after printing after people gave Mondo so Much grief about the minor errors that were in Tyler Stout's Alien which I thought was a cool piece and a welcome departure from what we are used to seeing from him. The people on the boards are pretty good at finding these errors and picking them apart. I just don't want our company to be sitting on a bunch of error ridden prints.
6.) I have never blamed an artist for anything. Hence the business model of having the sale first and then printing. If there were any problems, OCE takes full responsibility.
7.) We can't be compared to the commission groups. Every step of the print process has to go through studio legal. Some studios are easier than others.
8.) I'm out. Going to check out some Jurassic Park action.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
applehead
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:50 pm

time for a business name change. they lost me after the godfather 1 release. one and done here.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Everything in this thread is just a complete mess .. what the hell is even going on?
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
DrPinkBic
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:16 pm

skullyland wrote:Everything in this thread is just a complete mess .. what the hell is even going on?

I like to call it "Delusional man tries his hardest to avoid reality while steering his sinking business into the rocks while his customers look on in horror as the impending crash and burn becomes more and more apparent."
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:53 pm

DrPinkBic wrote:
skullyland wrote:Everything in this thread is just a complete mess .. what the hell is even going on?

I like to call it "Delusional man tries his hardest to avoid reality while steering his sinking business into the rocks while his customers look on in horror as the impending crash and burn becomes more and more apparent."
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Here's some advice:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Godfather was more than worth it and I'm sure II will be worth the wait as well. Expected ship date was early May. Now we're looking at mid-to-late June. No biggie on this end. Try buying 3A sometime if you don't like waiting... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
msmith83
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:46 am

Yah, but come on. 3 months! If they were brought back into customs, are they going to be released? Has anyone called to see what's going on?

You should know an artist like Durieux would sell out, especially after the first did. Why presale if you know you'll sell out, plus have a wait on customs and have customers upset and lose people. That doesn't make business sense!
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:48 am

msmith83 wrote:Yah, but come on. 3 months! If they were brought back into customs, are they going to be released? Has anyone called to see what's going on?

You should know an artist like Durieux would sell out, especially after the first did. Why presale if you know you'll sell out, plus have a wait on customs and have customers upset and lose people. That doesn't make business sense!
It makes sense when you need an income to keep the lights on :hanging:
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
MrMattSteinberg
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:00 am

so should we expect Godfather 3 to go on sale sometime next week then?
partpat
Art Freak

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 am

comountaingolf wrote: Try buying 3A sometime if you don't like waiting... :lol:

^ truth
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Another week. Still living with customs? How does something clear from customs anyway? How long can a crate of posters be a mystery to them?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Who cares when Godfather 3 goes on sale? Just don't buy it if you don't want to wait, where's the confusion? You know what you're going to get, he's made it clear. If you can't wait, then don't buy it.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Even if they had the print in hand this time it's still Godfather 3.