Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 pm

My friend @usugrow invited me to participate in a group exhibition at the gallery he and @haroshi started up this year - @hhhgallery in Tokyo. The Dawnbringer illustration pictured above will be featured along with 2 other drawings of mine as well as works from the amazing line-up the HHH team has assembled. Full details are as follows:

HHH Gallery is pleased to invite you to MONOCHROME, a group show curated by USUGROW featuring Aaron Horkey (@aaronhorkey), Mike Giant (@giantrebel8), SHOHEI (@hakuchitare), Kyotaro (@kyotarokyotaro), Toshikazu Nozaka (@toshikazu1), Ozabu (@ozabu), Sadam (@sadam215), and Usugrow (@usugrow)

The tools these artists use are simple: pencils, mechanical pencils, black markers, ink pens, ink brushes, and everyday ballpoint pens. However, by carefully utilizing white space not as "blank," but rather as information to describe space and color, the artists transform pure, untouched white canvases and paper into detailed and complex monochrome landscapes. To achieve this, the artists must enter a fierce yet meditative state of resolve as they add lines to slowly weave their worlds.

This will be the first-ever Japan exhibition for artists Aaron Horkey and Mike Giant. The show starts June 13th, with an opening reception that day at 2pm at@HHHgallery.

monochrome thread: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 3&t=154901
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:15 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:Watergoat WIP, pencil on Stonehenge, 2015. Part of my planning for the Vitality and Verve exhibit at @lbmaorg which opens later this month. Looking forward to painting big again, this hunched illustrator frame is beginning to fold in on itself. #aaronhorkey #vitalityandverve #gildedage2015 #lbma #thinkspacefamily #incolour

Ok, now this is going to be amazing. This appears to be the start of what his mural will be. :clap:
So it goes...
halflife78
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Quick and dirty pic, just got back from picking up Eyrops and the others.

sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:45 pm

nice!!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 pm

blingaling wrote:You don't even know dude, I had two glasses of milk and a bowl of crunchy cheetos.
I was thinkin' you were pounding chalices of unfiltered saki but cheetos are pretty drymountin' yummy as well... :cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:16 pm

mfaith wrote:
aaronhorkey wrote:Watergoat WIP, pencil on Stonehenge, 2015. Part of my planning for the Vitality and Verve exhibit at @lbmaorg which opens later this month. Looking forward to painting big again, this hunched illustrator frame is beginning to fold in on itself. #aaronhorkey #vitalityandverve #gildedage2015 #lbma #thinkspacefamily #incolour

Ok, now this is going to be amazing. This appears to be the start of what his mural will be. :clap:
My thoughts exactly Michael, it is looking to be pretty damn epic.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:22 pm

So it goes...
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:32 pm

drymountin bats...
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:40 pm

It is actually Aaron's interpretation of Lana Delray's vagina. Symbolizing the desire to gorge on it while simultaneously being fully aware of the extents of it's bizarre unobtainability. The fluid is of course Pepsi Cola.

In all seriousness it is drymounting insane what the man can do with a ballpoint pen on some college ruled paper.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:35 am

cgriff wrote:It is actually Aaron's interpretation of Lana Delray's vagina. Symbolizing the desire to gorge on it while simultaneously being fully aware of the extents of it's bizarre unobtainability. The fluid is of course Pepsi Cola.
POTY
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:42 am

So it goes...
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:19 am

Wow. That goat has come a long way, and in a direction I did not expect. From goat head to arthropodic goat beast, man I should expect no less though. More amazing work.
pisker
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:01 pm

My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Why don't you delete that huge image and we'll go with this one:

pisker
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 am

no need to be rude about it. i just wanted to post the instagram where it could be found as well so people could look it up on their own...
My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"