Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 6:02 pm

I bought two Ale Smith IPAs last night. How much do people normally pay for bombers of this? I paid $10 a pop (after crv/tax) which I thought to be a bit expensive. But, it's so tasty I can't complain too much. There's only one spot in my area that seems to get Ale Smith.

For those in the Los Angeles area... is it pretty easy to find Alpine's Nelson IPA down there? Looking to pick up some when I'm down there in September.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed May 06, 2015 6:04 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:I bought two Ale Smith IPAs last night. How much do people normally pay for bombers of this? I paid $10 a pop (after crv/tax) which I thought to be a bit expensive. But, it's so tasty I can't complain too much. There's only one spot in my area that seems to get Ale Smith.

For those in the Los Angeles area... is it pretty easy to find Alpine's Nelson IPA down there? Looking to pick up some when I'm down there in September.
I think its $8 here before tax. :pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Dnovi
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 6:06 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Dnovi wrote:Any one in the San Diego area able to pick up and ship some beer from the Alsmith brewery?

Shipping will be within the states.
I'm no where near San Diego, but they distribute to CO. What are you looking for? Their IPA is solid.
Their limited edition Tony Gwynn .394 Double IPA. He was my favorite player growing up and some of the proceeds go to one of his charities.

http://www.rsvlts.com/2015/05/05/tony-gwynns-beer/
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed May 06, 2015 6:08 pm

I have pretty okay access to Alesmith in SF...well, my favorite bottle shop tries to keep some on the shelf but isn't always able. I think bombers are $12-20, depending on the brew. Their Speedway Stout was, I think, $14?
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Baker
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 6:12 pm

mistersmith wrote:I have pretty okay access to Alesmith in SF...well, my favorite bottle shop tries to keep some on the shelf but isn't always able. I think bombers are $12-20, depending on the brew. Their Speedway Stout was, I think, $14?
Pretty damn delicious.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed May 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Dnovi wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
Dnovi wrote:Any one in the San Diego area able to pick up and ship some beer from the Alsmith brewery?

I'm no where near San Diego, but they distribute to CO. What are you looking for? Their IPA is solid.
Their limited edition Tony Gwynn .394 Double IPA. He was my favorite player growing up and some of the proceeds go to one of his charities.

Wow, that sounds awesome!! I haven't seen it here. ISO as well. :lol: :oops: And good Luck!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed May 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Baker wrote:
mistersmith wrote:I have pretty okay access to Alesmith in SF...well, my favorite bottle shop tries to keep some on the shelf but isn't always able. I think bombers are $12-20, depending on the brew. Their Speedway Stout was, I think, $14?
Pretty damn delicious.
one of the best coffee stouts around...and the variants (i.e. Jamacian Blue Mountain, Vietnamese, BA Speedway, Kona, etc) ..are all friggin top notch :pint:
reddog76
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 06, 2015 7:51 pm

I got some of that in a trade on here and it was good.

(Gwynn IPA)
HisBobness
Art Expert

Wed May 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Just received a shipping notification from John's Grocery regarding the Sue I ordered 2 Friday's ago... Guess they forgot about HisBobness... Better late than never! See you Saturday Psuedo!
THECANABISKILLA
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Dnovi wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:

Pm'd
They're crying, I'm buying.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed May 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Dnovi wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:

some interesting comments about this one on BA. seems like it might be around for a bit, given the 6000 brewery only bottles and price point.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
canuck
Art Freak

Thu May 07, 2015 12:34 am

Oh boy.....well the binge is still going strong for me. I'm alive fellas! I'll probably be back in a couple weeks. CHEERs

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

:ziggi:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 07, 2015 12:50 am

TheThirdEye wrote:For those in the Los Angeles area... is it pretty easy to find Alpine's Nelson IPA down there? Looking to pick up some when I'm down there in September.
Not really. Seems like Green Flash is having trouble getting that one right.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2015 11:51 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:I bought two Ale Smith IPAs last night. How much do people normally pay for bombers of this? I paid $10 a pop (after crv/tax) which I thought to be a bit expensive. But, it's so tasty I can't complain too much. There's only one spot in my area that seems to get Ale Smith.

I think its $8 here before tax. :pint:
It's $5.29 a bomber here at our local CostCo. Go figure. Best bang for your buck IPA at that price IMO.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:For those in the Los Angeles area... is it pretty easy to find Alpine's Nelson IPA down there? Looking to pick up some when I'm down there in September.
Not really. Seems like Green Flash is having trouble getting that one right.
Bummer. The Alpine website shows distribution in LA county having a longer list of places that carry it than San Diego does... which I thought was odd. List may be longer, but likely more sporadic stock at any one time?
ImAMonster wrote:It's $5.29 a bomber here at our local CostCo. Go figure. Best bang for your buck IPA at that price IMO.
Dang! Would be buying AleSmith all the time at that price.