Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:38 am

acidburn wrote:So it's ok now to post this?

BANKSY?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:39 am

Like Banksy, but not all that clever, and 10 years too late.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:41 am

alittle wrote:Like Banksy, but not all that clever, and 10 years too late.
OUTIS?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:42 am

I like it and I'll buy it.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:43 am

CrustaR wrote:
alittle wrote:Like Banksy, but not all that clever, and 10 years too late.
OUTIS?
TABBY
punch
Art Expert

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:43 am

That isn't even remotely clever or funny. Banksy did this same imagery in 2007 (stop and search). Come up something new!

Wait, I got an idea, next print should be The Punisher not being allowed into a public library because they BAN GUNS! Get it? Because it would be kinda ironic. Like an iconic character being told not to do things because like modern times are so tight on security and stuff. Money in the bank, yo. You're welcome.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:46 am

mfaith wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
mfaith wrote:
chalkdust wrote:I guess that's why the use here puzzles me. Doesn't really add to the image, makes it seem fuzzy. Actually I think halftones have a definite use and are sometimes necessity. No hate here, really like the image/concept..
I would agree. Half tones don't really make as much sense for an image meant to mimic stencil art. *shrugs*
]
Despite your 10 months of expertise, I think it prudent to leave it to the professionals when making those calls. Not the best idea to be throwing your two cents in all over the place when you barely have a nickel to your name.
Glad you're so knowledgeable about my situation. Mind your own business. i was giving my opinion. No need to jump on someone for stating their point of view.
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you've only been a member here a VERY short time yet you seem to believe that the fact you post 20 times a day makes you an 'expert' when you are anything but. like i've told plenty of people like you before, shut your mouth, open your ears and maybe at some point down the line you'll be able to contribute something worthwhile around here.

so much as i can tell your only 'contribution' around here is reposting IG pics, which, given that it's a free app that can be viewed on any device with an internet connection, seems redundant.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:50 am

punch wrote:That isn't even remotely clever or funny. Banksy did this same imagery in 2007 (stop and search). Come up something new!

Wait, I got an idea, next print should be The Punisher not being allowed into a public library because they BAN GUNS! Get it? Because it would be kinda ironic. Like an iconic character being told not to do things because like modern times are so tight on security and stuff. Money in the bank, yo. You're welcome.

its actually going to be the two robots.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:51 am

dutchflowers wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
mfaith wrote:
chalkdust wrote:I guess that's why the use here puzzles me. Doesn't really add to the image, makes it seem fuzzy. Actually I think halftones have a definite use and are sometimes necessity. No hate here, really like the image/concept..
I would agree. Half tones don't really make as much sense for an image meant to mimic stencil art. *shrugs*
]
Despite your 10 months of expertise, I think it prudent to leave it to the professionals when making those calls. Not the best idea to be throwing your two cents in all over the place when you barely have a nickel to your name.
I'd say in 10 months, MFaith has contributed a lot more to this forum than you have in 9 years. If he has a nickel, you have a penny.
Totally unnecessary attack on a valid, personal opinion bra!
if i had even an inkling of whothefuck you are, your words might mean something. however, it seems in 10 years you've managed to contribute even less than me, bra.

also, i love how people automatically equate a large number of posts with 'contributing'. plenty of idiots around here who run their mouths yet haven't contributed a goddamn thing.
alittle
Art Freak

acidburn wrote:
punch wrote:That isn't even remotely clever or funny. Banksy did this same imagery in 2007 (stop and search). Come up something new!

How about ho-bots? Could be a nod to the scene.
disdig1
Art Expert

I'd rather read mfaith's instagram reposts than you whine like a little girl.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:54 am

Ridiculously excited for the Akira print today. Hoping I can score a paper; I rarely think foil actually looks great in person :(
ImageImage
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:57 am

alittle wrote:
acidburn wrote:

How about ho-bots? Could be a nod to the scene.
Eh sounds a little too dirty.

I like Tabbys stuff though. I think it is clever and refreshing currently in this market. The prices are reasonable and its fun.

Comparisons to Banksy will always be there. He is the one that put the medium on the map and has done so much over the course of his career, that you will always find something to compare it to.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:03 am

This bralumian fellow is AGGRESSIVELY "braluminating" the drymount out of all the ignorants on this forum. Hail our new overlord!
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:05 am

I actually think Tabby's style is more like Stout's to be honest. The super rough lines and the whole scene collage trying to depict as much of a movie as humanely possible in one print. I think there may be way too much going on in it. Hard to take it all in. :?
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)