Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 am

Aaron's Hope Conspiracy sweatshirt on sale at Deathwish:
http://store.deathwishinc.com/product/CNTHC01.html
ImageImageImageImage
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 am

Another item thats just sitting out there with a killer image. Melt Banana 7 inch is still on sale at Init Records. Ordered a record, pin, and stickers for like 10 bucks shipped.

http://initrecords.corecommerce.com/7-I ... l-t-7.html
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
msalter
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:59 pm

So happy to have scored this.
IMG_3470.JPG
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:Small section of Flight of the Black Osprey, acrylic on panel, 2003. Sister symmetry develops opulent hysteria ~or~ The Raided Ark. #aaronhorkey #onafrondmat #inthedustofthisplanet
So it goes...
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:06 pm

mfaith wrote:
aaronhorkey wrote:Small section of Flight of the Black Osprey, acrylic on panel, 2003. Sister symmetry develops opulent hysteria ~or~ The Raided Ark. #aaronhorkey #onafrondmat #inthedustofthisplanet
His paintings are really quite different than his screen prints. The line work is the same, so obviously the resulting compositions are quite similar. But in his paintings he adds a lot of contrast to his shading, and he tends to make his colours rather saturated as well. I find this adds a bit of a "3-D" look to his paintings, even in detail shots like these.

It's not necessarily better or worse, but it is certainly different.
simianfever
Art Expert

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:24 pm

The best way I can describe that IG post is that it is an incredibly awesome section of a full image that has never really done anything for me. A rarity for Aaron's work.

And msalter... nice pickup. Love that black Boris. Love.
msalter
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Thanks man, I literally almost drooled on it, after unrolling
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Not that I'm planning on buying it but does anyone know if the hoarfrost inks ever sold from jonathan levine?
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:02 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Not that I'm planning on buying it but does anyone know if the hoarfrost inks ever sold from jonathan levine?
Site doesn't seem to give any indication one way or the other. :?
http://jonathanlevinegallery.com/?metho ... tistidx=18
So it goes...
Xander
Art Expert

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:54 pm

The Cough That Spreads the Plague (detail), ballpoint pen on Fabriano, 2015. "Beyond the shadow of the citadel, there is no such thing as time, there is no such thing as negation. There is only this tangible, perceptible world. There is only this moment, this very moment." -Thou, "Free Will" (2014). #aaronhorkey #thou #rejoiceinthemiseriesoflifeunkind #heathen
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Whaaa. What is this for?! :shock:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Lyrics for "Free Will" by Thou:
Open your eyes and exalt--Exalt! in this fragile world, in this knowing flesh, in this very moment. We have forsaken the delusions of Comprehension as we are born into the certainty of the Sensual. We are the stone that starts the avalanche. We are the cough that spreads the plague. We are the spark that lights the inferno. Relinquish those wretched controls of knowledge and experience, those conditions which hinder Desire's progress. Cut away esoteric corruption and seek unfettered fulfillment. In defiance of the sages. In defiance of the intelligentsia. Useless philosophy, theory, and poetry must be heaped upon the cairn. See them consumed in Action--sweet, reckless Action. Join our sad tears and dance on the blackened bones of gods. Beyond the shadow of the citadel, there is no such thing as time, there is no such thing as negation. There is only this tangible, perceptible world. There is only this moment, this very moment.

Lyrics for the other song he referenced in his tag "Ode To Physical Pain":
Oh, constant, unending Pain, my surest, truest friend. Agony, blessed Agony, your ever-present ache identifies unyielding vitality. That sharply labored breath is respiration (fully) experienced. Those overwhelming burdens grant me immune to senseless distraction, grounding me in the present. Oh, merciless teacher. Spread your harshest wounds across the soil of my figure. Find root in my skin and nerves and veins. Killing fields to blanket and smother withering pleasure that waxes and wanes. Thine are the lidless eyes of night that stare upon my tears. Thine is the thickness of the dark that presses in my anguish. Rejoice in the miseries of life unkind. Here, and only here, are the senses stretched and contracted, hone them to their prime strength, to primal vigor. Seek comfort in endurance. Be consumed by struggle. Lasting wisdom only exists in the abandoned fields, in the dusty swamp, on the burnt out plains, on the desolate hillside.
So it goes...
deancc
Art Expert

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:31 pm

mfaith wrote:Lyrics for "Free Will" by Thou:
Open your eyes and exalt--Exalt! in this fragile world, in this knowing flesh, in this very moment. We have forsaken the delusions of Comprehension as we are born into the certainty of the Sensual. We are the stone that starts the avalanche. We are the cough that spreads the plague. We are the spark that lights the inferno. Relinquish those wretched controls of knowledge and experience, those conditions which hinder Desire's progress. Cut away esoteric corruption and seek unfettered fulfillment. In defiance of the sages. In defiance of the intelligentsia. Useless philosophy, theory, and poetry must be heaped upon the cairn. See them consumed in Action--sweet, reckless Action. Join our sad tears and dance on the blackened bones of gods. Beyond the shadow of the citadel, there is no such thing as time, there is no such thing as negation. There is only this tangible, perceptible world. There is only this moment, this very moment.
Lyrics for the other song he referenced in his tag "Ode To Physical Pain":
Oh, constant, unending Pain, my surest, truest friend. Agony, blessed Agony, your ever-present ache identifies unyielding vitality. That sharply labored breath is respiration (fully) experienced. Those overwhelming burdens grant me immune to senseless distraction, grounding me in the present. Oh, merciless teacher. Spread your harshest wounds across the soil of my figure. Find root in my skin and nerves and veins. Killing fields to blanket and smother withering pleasure that waxes and wanes. Thine are the lidless eyes of night that stare upon my tears. Thine is the thickness of the dark that presses in my anguish. Rejoice in the miseries of life unkind. Here, and only here, are the senses stretched and contracted, hone them to their prime strength, to primal vigor. Seek comfort in endurance. Be consumed by struggle. Lasting wisdom only exists in the abandoned fields, in the dusty swamp, on the burnt out plains, on the desolate hillside.
Thou's Heathen is an absolutely crushing album. Freewill is especially epic. drymount yeah!!!

THOU - Freewill

THOU - Ode to Physical Pain
bmerel
Art Expert

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:27 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Not that I'm planning on buying it but does anyone know if the hoarfrost inks ever sold from jonathan levine?

Yes, it sold. Not to me....although i was very seriously considering it.

:cry:
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Its funny to me that I picked this exact moment to come back to post.

thou is one of my favorite bands and some of you may remember how jealous I was that Aaron got to see their collab with the body at a fest last year. Well I recently found out that I WILL BE SEEING THE SAME COLLAB AT THIS YEARS SOUWTHWEST TERROR FEST! To say I am excited is an understatement, now only if I could get Aaron to create a print for the show.

Also I just wanted to say those macro lens shots of TFOTR are pretty amazing, the way it showed the layers kind of blew my mind.

Hope you are all doing well, I missed this place.
:pint:
burritos > Life