Adventures in Design Podcast thread

General art-related discussion.
sincere86a
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:48 am

Darkknight37 wrote:Looking forward to Jason Edmiston's episode!
And Mark''s inevitable "don't you hate pop culture?" question. I love this show (and Mark is an excellent host) but every time any "Mondo artist" is on he starts in on the pop culture stuff.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:54 am

sincere86a wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:Looking forward to Jason Edmiston's episode!
And Mark''s inevitable "don't you hate pop culture?" question. I love this show (and Mark is an excellent host) but every time any "Mondo artist" is on he starts in on the pop culture stuff.
You're not wrong.

We get it, less pop culture, more original art. I'm all for original art, but I also don't see anything wrong with licensed pop culture stuff. Is it over saturated? Absolutely. But it'll slow down eventually, and the good work always rises to the top.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:11 pm

The Rob Jones interview was great. That circle of trust though :shock: :lol:
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 pm

No fudge. That CoT was unlike anything I've heard before, lol. drymountin Rob Jones and Mark make an amazing duo.

Folks, if you don't subscribe, at least buy that episode. You'll definitely get your entertainments worth for the 99 cents
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:01 am

I remember, Mitch.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:07 am

I remember Zoobilee Zoo as well. It was hell. I don't think I can post it, but I've seen someone take that intro and edit in floppy dildo's onto all the characters, it's hilarious.
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 am

I'm going to check it out - is it correct that if I want to hear an entire episode I just need to pay $.99? I'm sure there will be some that I will want to hear, but paying $10 per month is just a little bit steep for me - that's more than I pay per month for the entire Sirius/XM package, and I'm just not very deep into the art world.
I Heart Haddonfield.
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:50 am

Wockenfuss wrote:I'm going to check it out - is it correct that if I want to hear an entire episode I just need to pay $.99? I'm sure there will be some that I will want to hear, but paying $10 per month is just a little bit steep for me - that's more than I pay per month for the entire Sirius/XM package, and I'm just not very deep into the art world.
I took out the yearly sub, it's been totally worth it.
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Wockenfuss wrote:I'm going to check it out - is it correct that if I want to hear an entire episode I just need to pay $.99? I'm sure there will be some that I will want to hear, but paying $10 per month is just a little bit steep for me - that's more than I pay per month for the entire Sirius/XM package, and I'm just not very deep into the art world.
I've never purchased an individual episode, but yes you can buy any episode for .99 from the website. Not sure if you can through itunes, but the'yd probably take some sorta fee anyway.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:07 pm

You can listen for the episode for free on itunes. I believe it stays up for 30 days before it is removed, and the only way to hear the episode after that is to pay for it. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but even if you pay for a episode for .99 you still dont get the bonus content, that is only for the subscribers. Also, as a subscriber, there are bonus episodes that are not available on itunes. Recently they released a almost 2 hour episode with Miles Tsang, Davisd Smith, and Zeb Love. It was a really good episode, that I was not expecting.

It is all in all worth whatever you can throw at it. These latest SXSW episodes have been a fun listen...
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:I remember Zoobilee Zoo as well. It was hell. I don't think I can post it, but I've seen someone take that intro and edit in floppy dildo's onto all the characters, it's hilarious.
That sounds nearly as terrifying as the actual show. Yep, Zoobilee Zoo, Picture Pages, The Elephant Show...all weird staticky memories embedded deep in my psyche.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Today's Jason Edmiston episode was really good, and had a lot of insight into his Eyes Without a Face show. Be sure to give it a listen!
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Is there an RSS feed or some other method to get the circle of trust episodes into a podcast client, or do I need to download them through the website?
T.H.C.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:40 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:Is there an RSS feed or some other method to get the circle of trust episodes into a podcast client, or do I need to download them through the website?
I dont think there is... I think the only way is to download through the website.
punch
Art Expert

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm

I recently listened to the Rob Jones episode and really enjoyed it.