fredo
Art God

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Doubtful.
just a foil for me today, thanks
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 pm

We get it fredo, you've soured on the whole thing. Maybe try to stop coming in here to try and rain on the whole shebang? Many, many thousands of us got tickets and are drymounting psyched. :2thumb:

Or, ya know, keep coming in here with your storm clouds. It's a free board. :D
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:57 pm

I read this article a while back and I really disagree with most of what this guy has to say.

While there are certainly corporate entities involved and people scalping tickets... I don't think it was the intention of, nor any way of controlling it by the band or promoter.

There's no way to get around ticketmasters policy when it comes to the allotment of tickets that must be sold through TM. Soldier field (and almost every other venue in the country) are contractually obligated to TM. TM are the shady ones IMO with back door sales to ticketsnow etc.

Chicago is an ideal location for ALL fans as it is a central flight hub. His comments about most of the longstanding fans living in the west are probably a little assuming and I doubt the chicago call was made to get more tickets into scalpers hands. I also suspect most, if not all football stadiums have policies allowing season ticket holders first rights to their seats for concerts etc.

He also comments on the cash grab of a "pay per view" which would be silly to not offer to those who cannot attend the show regardless of ticket prices. It's 2015, it's called a webcast and it's more or less expected many thanks to technology, nugs dot net and Phish.

Lastly, his comments regarding Trey being tapped purely for his 'pool of rich fans who can afford $3k tickets' is the icing on the cake.

He just sounds bitter, and I understand why. Many of us are upset about the high price of tickets on the aftermarket. Hate the game not the players.

I can't wait to hear it all. Congrats to you all attending. Here's hoping for some epic posters! ISO PB :roll:

Let's just hope this doesn't turn the heat up on getting phish tickets again.
fredo
Art God

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:04 pm

"Storm clouds"...lels. You hippies.

I read that article a while back as well- it's a big pile of whine.
bmerel
Art Expert

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Aside from all the crazy batshit surrounding everything....I am beyond excited for the shows. One way or another, me and my buddy will be scooting over there and getting bonkers.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:53 pm

bmerel wrote:Aside from all the crazy batshit surrounding everything....I am beyond excited for the shows. One way or another, me and my buddy will be scooting over there and getting bonkers.
Love the attitude Brian. And what the hell, you're local.

:notworthy: :clap: :clap:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
ejg904
Art Expert

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:04 pm

For the record, only club season ticket holders were entitled to a presale/guarantee on seats.

If all PSL holders had dibs on tickets, practically none would have been available.

Tens of thousands were distributed via GDTS, and 28k were available each night on TM
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:23 pm

ejg904 wrote:For the record, only club season ticket holders were entitled to a presale/guarantee on seats.

If all PSL holders had dibs on tickets, practically none would have been available.

Tens of thousands were distributed via GDTS, and 28k were available each night on TM

And given the amount of tickets very view are being scalped actually
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:41 am

That's like filming The Last Waltz after Robbie had already left.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:17 am

Well I officially did not get mail order tickets yesterday. Ticketmaster was a waste of 3 hours, crappy internet connection on the phone. Might look into secondary tickets.

^I'm sure the filming at soldiers will be for the end of the documentary, you can't leave out the "ending" of the Dead. Say what you want about the jam, it is almost the whole band, and the show is going to drymountin rock. At worst it will be the best Grateful Dead cover band you have ever seen.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 am

cgriff wrote:Well I officially did not get mail order tickets yesterday. Ticketmaster was a waste of 3 hours, crappy internet connection on the phone. Might look into secondary tickets.

^I'm sure the filming at soldiers will be for the end of the documentary, you can't leave out the "ending" of the Dead. Say what you want about the jam, it is almost the whole band, and the show is going to drymountin rock. At worst it will be the best Grateful Dead cover band you have ever seen.
This isn't in direct response to anyone's post on here but it annoys me how many people refuse to accept that the remaining members of the GD are allowed to do as they please regarding THEIR band. Yes Jerry was a huge part of the band but he's dead, it's been 20 years, time to move on... Let's all set aside our over-inflated egos and just try to enjoy one more celebration with a band we all (I guess?) loved so very much.
fredo
Art God

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Shouldn't you be shitting in a Panic thread, phrend?
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm

fredo wrote:Shouldn't you be shitting in a Panic thread, phrend?
Do you ever have a positive thing to say around here or are you just really depressed?