James Jean News and Releases

General art-related discussion.
ksn
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Is he only featured in the third? I'll have to keep an eye out for that.
Vrresto
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 pm

My order for the Fables book from Giant Robot shipped today, so maybe yours is not too far off.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 pm

ksn wrote:Is he only featured in the third? I'll have to keep an eye out for that.
JJ is only in the 3rd but there's some rad artists in every issue.
Image Image
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:33 pm

tuffghost
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:39 pm

You can order 3/4 of them already from bigbadtoystore as well.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... PVC+Statue
Luminous
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:36 pm

tuffghost wrote:You can order 3/4 of them already from bigbadtoystore as well.

Yes but ordering all 4 through Good Smile will include the print.
tuffghost
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:15 pm

Luminous wrote:

I asked GSC support a little bit ago about the print, I think it's safe to order from anywhere
"Dear jason,

Thank you for contacting us.

To answer your question, each statue will come with a redemption code inside the package, no matter where the item is purchased. All codes will be required for the special bonus.

There will be a web site for redemption announced at a later date, along with a deadline for redemption in the future.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Goodsmile Online Customer Support"
Luminous
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:51 am

tuffghost wrote:
Luminous wrote:

I asked GSC support a little bit ago about the print, I think it's safe to order from anywhere
"Dear jason,

Thank you for contacting us.

To answer your question, each statue will come with a redemption code inside the package, no matter where the item is purchased. All codes will be required for the special bonus.

There will be a web site for redemption announced at a later date, along with a deadline for redemption in the future.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Goodsmile Online Customer Support"
Those sneaky devils. Their site makes it seem like it's an exclusive offer to their shop.

Thanks for the heads up. Should save me on shipping by ordering all 4 through BBTS.
statik
Art Expert

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:14 am

Just be aware bbts is extremely slow when it comes to preorders. Expect to wait awhile when those who ordered from good smile get theirs long before you. I rather deal with the direct source personally.

Im saying this through experience. I waited forever for my revoltech tmnt figures through bbts when every other source fullfilled their orders months before mine was.
drymount your sig!
DeadHand
Art Expert

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:49 pm

got my GR book also. for those waiting.
tuffghost
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:04 pm

statik wrote:Just be aware bbts is extremely slow when it comes to preorders. Expect to wait awhile when those who ordered from good smile get theirs long before you. I rather deal with the direct source personally.

Im saying this through experience. I waited forever for my revoltech tmnt figures through bbts when every other source fullfilled their orders months before mine was.
Yeah i don't have too much of a choice :/ I"m in Canada and GSC won't ship these outside of the US. BBTS hasn't said anything yet so i'm just hoping that they ship them. :hanging:
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:13 pm

tuffghost wrote:
Yeah i don't have too much of a choice :/ I"m in Canada and GSC won't ship these outside of the US. BBTS hasn't said anything yet so i'm just hoping that they ship them. :hanging:
that's so weird. GSC has shipped worldwide for 3A figures in the past
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:22 pm

I want the JJ TMNT print. What's my best method and from what source? It'd be nice to be able to order in one big order.

Any help is appreciated. Is the print limited? Screened?
Same fudge, different drop.
tuffghost
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:47 pm

666ways2love wrote:
tuffghost wrote:
that's so weird. GSC has shipped worldwide for 3A figures in the past
Yeah, they usually do but for this TMNT release it looks like it's a licensing thing. Says US only on the site. I tried to order it from my local comic shop and they told me the same thing. Diamond wouldn't allow them to put an order in for them.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:37 pm

gonzo303 wrote:I want the JJ TMNT print. What's my best method and from what source? It'd be nice to be able to order in one big order.

Any help is appreciated. Is the print limited? Screened?
For the JJ TMNT print, you have to purchase all 4 TMNT figures made by the Good Smile Company. I guess the purchaser will be given a redemption code for the print. You can order from any retailer that you prefer. I'd probably go with GSC if I was to attempt this.
GSC website wrote:We have an exclusive offer for fans who purchase all 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles statues by Good Smile Company!

With the purchase of all 4 figures, (Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello) you will receive instructions and a unique code included along with each figure to redeem an exclusive limited edition aluminium art print of James Jean’s original TMNT artwork.

This offer will become redeemable online on a special website launching soon. The offer is not exclusive to any specific shop so you can order from various retailers to receive this special offer. This print is available only to fans who purchase all 4 pizza-eating, crime-fighting Ninja Turtles!
Currently, only Leonardo and Michelangelo are up for (pre-)ordering at the GSC website (I think). Orders for Leonardo have been extended until 03/25, so... you still have some time to decide on it.
Here are the links to them:
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4794/Leonardo.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/48 ... ngelo.html

About the print: It will be printed on aluminum and be "limited edition." Edition size hasn't been stated.