Grey Matter Art Appreciation & Release Thread

General art-related discussion.
cgmarshall
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:28 pm

I really love Gabz's first blood.
He hasn't gone for the crazy "action hero, explosions" most people think this movie is.
It really is more deep seriousness and sadness. (That's why the last Rambo movie is so bad, all just action, no substance.)

Gabz nailed somber tone to the film and Rambo as a loaner.

And having the Red Haze at the top of the poster and the red Blood title run down the middle of the poster is pure GENIUS!
It describes his bloody head wound he gets after he surrenders to the police perfectly. So well done.

rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:32 pm

cgmarshall wrote:I really love Gabz's first blood.
He hasn't gone for the crazy "action hero, explosions" most people think this movie is.
It really is more deep seriousness and sadness. (That's why the last Rambo movie is so bad, all just action, no substance.)

And having the Red Haze at the top of the poster and the red Blood title run down the middle of the poster is pure GENIUS!
It describes his bloody head wound he gets after he surrenders to the police perfectly. So well done.

What are his interest rates?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Nicodimas
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:34 pm

This.

I really like this poster as it portrays and captures a serious subject.....that is still being ignored with our warriors today. Use them up and forgot about them after they have been deployed multiple times. Back to the poster, it's really great and I personally like the details it capture in the forest and those scenes.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Nicodimas wrote:

This.

I really like this poster as it portrays and captures a serious subject.....that is still being ignored with our warriors today. Use them up and forgot about them after they have been deployed multiple times. Back to the poster, it's really great and I personally like the details it capture in the forest and those scenes.
Thanks man, I couldn't have said it better man. It definitely captures the film's sad tone so well. And yes, I always thought of this as less of an action movie, and more of a dramatic tale of a lonely outcast.
bdown
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 pm

lordhelmet wrote:
Nicodimas wrote:

This.

Thanks man, I couldn't have said it better man. It definitely captures the film's sad tone so well. And yes, I always thought of this as less of an action movie, and more of a dramatic tale of a lonely outcast.
It can be two things!

I seriously love this print.
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Captures the film very well. Great work.
Jamilton
Art Expert

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:58 pm

This is so badass. It's the typical Gabz silhouette layout, but it works incredibly well here. I like it a lot.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:27 pm

One of his best yet, his style especially works well with this one and the typography is killer.
1000steps
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 am

Great design work from Gabz on the First Blood. One of the tightest cinema posters so far this year.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 am

not to take away from all the first blood love , but TCM ship notice . hell yess
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
jjdungca
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:18 pm

First Blood is so good! One Gabz's best!
ImageImageImage
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:23 pm

kannibaliztik wrote:not to take away from all the first blood love , but TCM ship notice . hell yess
Oooh! Can't wait!
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:18 pm

First Blood is great. Now we just need BTiLC... :)
jjdungca
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 pm

kryptonite wrote:First Blood is great. Now we just need BTiLC... :)
Couldn't agree more.
ImageImageImage
foradequadro
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 am

kannibaliztik wrote:not to take away from all the first blood love , but TCM ship notice . hell yess
same here. can't wait!