Damage etiquette???

General art-related discussion.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Noah0189 wrote:Bottom line, don't buy from or sell to people that have been on the board for roughly 3 months.
Wow, wow, wow... Back it up a little :lol:
brentpye
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:01 pm

He also keeps ignoring the proposition of returning the poster, with shipping fully funded.
I know. I have done everything to make this right and yet everyone thinks I did the wrong here. LOL. I hope you guys never receive a damaged print from a guy who will not work with you until you escalate the refund process. I am fortunate to have a credit card company support me, but even to this day have offered to return the print once the obligations are complete. I am not going to put the $300 in jeopardy. The credit card company outlined the process for further actions and I am going to go with what they said. The case is still not closed.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:02 pm

Your preferred method for storing several dozen prints is in flattening frames? Like multiple prints in one frame, or you have several dozen frames in the basement each holding one print?

Where's a codeblue oof when you need it?
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:06 pm

I really want to see pics of this damage now.

hippiern
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:07 pm

thanks haven.

Buyer has print, and has been fully refunded.

Seller is minus print, shipping charges to buyer, paypal chargeback fees.

Just please return the print so this can be done.

also, i have no further recourse other than small claims court, which would could as much as the print, and would surely lose if the buyer had returned the merchandise. paypal appeal to cc is settled.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:10 pm

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:I really want to see pics of this damage now.
Who doesn't?
hippiern wrote:thanks haven.Just please return the print so this can be done.
paypal appeal to cc is settled.
Did you try emailing him with whatever wording that pleases him and his Credit Card company?
Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 pm

brentpye wrote:
Cragars wrote:You're a joke. You won't admit you touched the print even though you had to have in order to put it in the frame. You won't explain why framing a print does less to alter it arrive-in state than weighting the corners.

You're shady as all hell. Please go back to facebook/ebay.
As stated earlier, yes I put it in the frame. Some of the damages are on the corners. Some of the damages on the print are from what appears to be a glass used to weigh it down for flattening. The print is a foil and I tried to take pictures with the flash on but you couldn't see the damages due to refraction. Turn the flash off and get at the right angle and they are obvious. Its not as easy to hold a rolled foil print with one hand, point to the damage, while maintaining a steady enough hand to take an appropriate image without flash as it is to float it and take pictures using both hands to steady the camera. I have several dozen prints stored this way. Never damaged a single one. My buyers who have bought prints from me will vouche for that. I don't know how you handle your prints, and its not important. I have never had an issue and continue to use my method until I do. This isn't a floating or unpacking issue. This was an issue with receiving a damaged print and the seller not wanting to help a customer.

You put it in the frame before flattening it. You wrestled a curling poster into a frame. I know how I handle posters, and yeah, you're doing it wrong.

Also, so you did touch it? I thought you didn't want to get your "oils" on the poster? Again, you're changing your story.
brentpye
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Brentpye, what obligation does the seller have now? You have your money.. what exactly are they going to "refund" ?
I'm not asking the seller to refund anything. The refund has already been processed but the case is not closed. The funds are still in jeopardy, but the CC company said the seller needs to acknowledge the refund via an email so in the instance that the case is ever disputed further I have support. They also said the seller should pay for the return shipping. I am not even worried about that because I offered to ship it initially at my cost.

What kills me is everyone thinks I am trying to keep the print and the money. I tried to send the print back the way its supposed to be done from the beginning. I am still trying to send the print back. If I were to keep this print it would be the worst condition print that has ever entered my home and would be an embarrassment on my wall considering that. Why its so hard to believe a print could have gotten damaged in the mail or shipped damaged is beyond me, especailly when we see pictures of crushed tubes and items with imperfections arriving from REPUTABLE sellers everyday?

I'm not sweating it. I played the sellers game and stayed within the guidelines and policies. I did no wrong here and will be back on the hunt for the same print once its returned if they ever decide to fulfill my credit card companies requirements. This was an ISO for my walls, but my MINT prints that are not on walls floating flattened out will still be available for trade, sell, raffle, etc... I don't sell junk or scam and my feedback, history and references are the proof of that. If I lose the business of anyone who reads this because they wanted to side with seller I am not upset. My work and history speaks for itself. Never an issue until I had to deal with this crap, which was out of my control.
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Is this real life?
zefarrett
Art Freak

alittle wrote:Is this real life?
No. No, it is not. :neutral:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
alittle
Art Freak

hippiern
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:19 pm

zefarrett wrote:
be thankful it's not yours. its infuriating.
aldo
Art Expert

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:25 pm

brentpye wrote:
Brentpye, what obligation does the seller have now? You have your money.. what exactly are they going to "refund" ?
I'm not asking the seller to refund anything. The refund has already been processed but the case is not closed. The funds are still in jeopardy, but the CC company said the seller needs to acknowledge the refund via an email so in the instance that the case is ever disputed further I have support.
You have your funds, the seller has a negative balance. You initiated a chargeback and got your money back in lieu of a refund. There is no refund to give anymore. Are you saying that the seller needs to acknowledge that you filed a chargeback on him and won and he is now in the negative? For real?
brentpye
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 pm

hippiern wrote:
zefarrett wrote:
be thankful it's not yours. its infuriating.
Thanks for finally sending the email fulfilling your end of the transaction. I'll return the print tomorrow to fulfill my end. :notworthy:
brentpye
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:28 pm

aldo wrote:
brentpye wrote:
I'm not asking the seller to refund anything. The refund has already been processed but the case is not closed. The funds are still in jeopardy, but the CC company said the seller needs to acknowledge the refund via an email so in the instance that the case is ever disputed further I have support.
You have your funds, the seller has a negative balance. You initiated a chargeback and got your money back in lieu of a refund. There is no refund to give anymore. Are you saying that the seller needs to acknowledge that you filed a chargeback on him and won and he is now in the negative? For real?
In order for protection in the instance of the claim being disputed further, the credit card company said I would need the seller to acknowledge a refund before I return the package.