Love Is In The Air 15 Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:38 am

I feel kind of stupid. I sold a print to babbtke but you guys seem to be knowledgable about something i dont, especially the AZ. Whats the scoop? Seemed like an ok enough guy to me. I was actually very flexible on price because i got this message:

I know nothing about this artist... i can do $xxx for it. where did you get it? I think my son would like it.

Am i the biggest sucker on the internet ever?
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:34 pm

bayharborbutcher wrote:Babbtke is a known flipper?
I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it. I really enjoy the hunt and how these pieces look on the wall. I guess the art nerds on this forum are intimidated by a buyer with a huge bankroll. Its seem like there a just a few that constantly harass me here but for the most part I have enjoyed doing business with many many of you. I have recently got into MBW 1/1's and Fairey HPMs. These are much easier to obtain directly from the artist rather than haggling with you "flippers". Nothing in my collection is for sale, I only do trades.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:44 pm

^^ whats your previous EB screen name?
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Definitely an alt. Someone told me who it is, but I forget now.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:47 pm

lol at his bragging
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Has anyone received this valentines day print? Got shipping notification the next morning but have not heard anything since. Come on lithos! So far I have yet to get any lithos in any of my 2 previous orders :( I am hoping to get a Retrospect poster as the screen print is way way out of my range. Did he stop putting lithos in his tubes?
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Alt meaning.... That I have another EB account? Thats just stupid. The only reason I joined this website was to establish my contacts in the art community and to build relations with the artists. I am opening a lowbrow gallery in Phoenix AZ. We are about 9 moths away from the first show. Stay posted and look for the announcement on obey giant.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:05 pm

thebends9
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:32 pm

No lithos
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:48 pm

thebends9 wrote:No lithos
Does your response mean A) you received your print and there were no lithos or B) That he no longer puts lithos in his tubes period. Sorry, just trying to fully understand. If (A) I would love to see some photos. I am pretty excited to have been on my computer at the right time- last day of school excited.
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
uenjoymyself
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:21 pm

babbtke wrote:
bayharborbutcher wrote:Babbtke is a known flipper?
I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it. I really enjoy the hunt and how these pieces look on the wall. I guess the art nerds on this forum are intimidated by a buyer with a huge bankroll. Its seem like there a just a few that constantly harass me here but for the most part I have enjoyed doing business with many many of you. I have recently got into MBW 1/1's and Fairey HPMs. These are much easier to obtain directly from the artist rather than haggling with you "flippers". Nothing in my collection is for sale, I only do trades.
The lowball cash offers you made me on some of my prints had me guessing that you needed food stamps. Happy to hear that isn't the case.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:31 pm

babbtke wrote: I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it.

Noah0189
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:19 pm

"I know nothing about the artist."
I hope that in the interim 9 months until your gallery opens that you brush up on some "lesser" known ones. I hear there's this Banksy guy that is about to take the art world by storm. :crazy:
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
thebends9
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:
thebends9 wrote:No lithos
Does your response mean A) you received your print and there were no lithos or B) That he no longer puts lithos in his tubes period. Sorry, just trying to fully understand. If (A) I would love to see some photos. I am pretty excited to have been on my computer at the right time- last day of school excited.
4046846.jpg
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:29 pm

babbtke wrote:The only reason I joined this website was to establish my contacts in the art community and to build relations with the artists. I am opening a lowbrow gallery in...
merel'd :D
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.