Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:52 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:From my experience, images have shown up within seconds of adding them to the DB, but don't know if that's always the case. The automater adds the images in the thread for the print maybe within 24 hours or so, I think.
It shows up instantly to you if you're the one who uploaded it. But it won't show for anyone else until a mod approves it. That's when the automator posts.
So it goes...
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:58 pm

:thumb:
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Kramerica wrote:Someone needs to post a bunch of detail pics of that new Horkey Fellowship print, I don't think there are enough.
JPGs Of The Year!
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:41 pm

I carted the Horkey, yesterday...I didn't go through with the sale, though. Don't think I've ever watched one of those movies all the way through.

Getting back to movie soundtracks - I like the sound track for this one. Across the Universe - Movie Trailer

Good stuff.

fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:18 pm

I missed out on the Horkey again yesterday .. anyone looking to sell to someone that plans on keeping it let me know. :)
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Kramerica wrote:Someone needs to post a bunch of detail pics of that new Horkey Fellowship print, I don't think there are enough.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:43 pm

But each set looks so different. I need to see them all.
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Post em enjoy times and everyone will feel they need one.

Pavlov's prints...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm

I definitely have to confess I haven't listened to a handful of the Mondo soundtracks I've purchased. The collectible aspect is what I think is really appealing to me. And the fact there's been a few for properties I really love. The Shaun of the Dead soundtrack never really stood out for me, but hot damn that Winchester Ale variant us purdy.

I think it's important to also differentiate a soundtrack from a score. Most of the Mondo records we've seen have primarily been the score, which is just the instrumental music. For Guardians of the Galaxy they used the recognizable songs from the soundtrack, rather than the instrumental music that was composed solely for the film. Not all movies have both. Star Wars, for instance, is just a score. I'm going to stop explaining this here for fear of coming off as TOO pretentious. And because I'm sure this is common knowledge to all of you.

Anyway, that's part of the reason I haven't listened to a lot of my Mondo vinyl. It's pretty much just passive, background music.
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Yep, collect what you like and for your own reasons.. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:18 pm

mfaith wrote:The Forrest Gump soundtrack is one of the best things ever. :pint:
Coincidentally enough, that movie features a feather.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:35 am

zombiejp wrote:I think it's important to also differentiate a soundtrack from a score. Most of the Mondo records we've seen have primarily been the score, which is just the instrumental music. For Guardians of the Galaxy they used the recognizable songs from the soundtrack, rather than the instrumental music that was composed solely for the film. Not all movies have both. Star Wars, for instance, is just a score. I'm going to stop explaining this here for fear of coming off as TOO pretentious. And because I'm sure this is common knowledge to all of you.

Anyway, that's part of the reason I haven't listened to a lot of my Mondo vinyl. It's pretty much just passive, background music.
8) I learned something. Thanks.
c0bbz
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 pm

zombiejp wrote:It's pretty much just passive, background music.
I'll disagree with you on passive (though admittedly, scores need to be taken on a case by case basis), but you say background like it's a bad thing. It's almost gotten to the point where I can't write if I don't have some score on.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:07 pm

c0bbz wrote:
I'll disagree with you on passive (though admittedly, scores need to be taken on a case by case basis), but you say background like it's a bad thing. It's almost gotten to the point where I can't write if I don't have some score on.
Okay. That's fair. I listen to a lot of music, and for me if it doesn't have lyrics it usually becomes classified as background music. Which definitely isn't a bad thing, but just a less compelled. Once again, just my opinion. And I'll definitely agree this is on a case by case basis.
planetexpress
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:36 pm

zombiejp wrote:
c0bbz wrote:
Okay. That's fair. I listen to a lot of music, and for me if it doesn't have lyrics it usually becomes classified as background music. Which definitely isn't a bad thing, but just a less compelled. Once again, just my opinion. And I'll definitely agree this is on a case by case basis.
I'm guessing you don't really like classical music or jazz then... maybe you need to expand your musical horizons?!?
Assholes get elected, cause assholes get to vote.