FIND A CALL OUT THREAD HERE

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 pm

binky79 wrote:Called out for not shipping in a week. Might be a good idea to let callout threads mellow a while before adding them here. Wouldnt want to tarnish a good members name because of an impatient noob.
"Impatient noob"....my god, I just finished dealing with one. Here's the timeline:

Thursday - deal reached, payment sent to me
Friday - $45 item sent by me
Late Friday night - buyer informed me that tracking # didn't work
Saturday morning - replied, said don't worry but then figured out I mistyped the tracking # and let the buyer know about it
Monday - told buyer that if it did not arrive by Thursday to let me know
Wednesday - "It's still not here, what gives man??", long tirade from me about his impatience and my unwillingness to tarnish my good reputation over $45 by not refunding him after the appropriate amount of time
Thursday - tells me it still has not arrived, my palm presses and twists firmly against my forehead
Friday - asks me if I'm going to send refund, refund sent, second tirade sent

I can't imagine anyone on EB who has done more than a few deals who would be like this over a $45 item. It's not that any of this was technically wrong, but it just shows a complete lack of trust in the community. On top of that, I thought it was suspicious that the first time I ever mis-typed a tracking # was also when an item was not delivered. Seemed fishy to me, but I had no recourse.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Huh?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Codeblue wrote:Huh?

Double huh? A week later and you refund him? Dude!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:11 am

A reminder: be very careful of new EB-ers selling sought after prints for "too good to be true" prices. Seen quite a few of those pop up of late.
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:05 am

Honestly I think this is the unforeseen recourse of all the commissions going on... A lot of Facebook people jumping into eb who have no clue how this place operates & how to work with other Ebeaners.

But as for the initial call out thread, brndfrmd yeah drymount that guy... How did that free commission of his pan out?
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:06 am

PLUSH wrote:

Yes, a week later. Package sent Friday. 1st class = 1-3 business days = Wednesday. Give it another day or two in case there was a mix-up with USPS. Refund sent on Friday. I don't know why I would send a refund any earlier. Plush, would you have sent a refund earlier?

Again, this was predicated on me mis-typing the tracking # and then throwing away the receipt (because I thought I had the # written down). BUT the "impatient noob" part of it all was the messaging me even before Wednesday.
1000steps
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 am

maddoghoek100 wrote:Do i think comments in for sale threads was a good release valve that left the art events sections free for real discussion about art or events, yes
apropos to nothing specific...there may be truth to this statement

as lame as the back-and-forth became in the FS thread from time to time when discourse was allowed, it did seem to nip a lot of bad behavior in the bud
Welcome to the sleaze pit
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:19 am

:iagree:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:47 am

dragonmanagement wrote:
PLUSH wrote:

Yes, a week later. Package sent Friday. 1st class = 1-3 business days = Wednesday. Give it another day or two in case there was a mix-up with USPS. Refund sent on Friday. I don't know why I would send a refund any earlier. Plush, would you have sent a refund earlier?

Again, this was predicated on me mis-typing the tracking # and then throwing away the receipt (because I thought I had the # written down). BUT the "impatient noob" part of it all was the messaging me even before Wednesday.
I think Plush was saying that was way too early to refund. You never know whats happening with USPS or the weather in certain parts of the country.

SO now the guy has the print and his money back? WTF??

I would care how many times he emailed me. These new members need to learn patience.
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Threw away the receipt?!?! Never do that.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 pm

KSUvet wrote:I'd say LordAwesome is starting off looking suspicious. :neutral:
I wouldn't buy "jack" from JackSeller either. :roll:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:44 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Prices seem a little low.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:47 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:A reminder: be very careful of new EB-ers selling sought after prints for "too good to be true" prices. Seen quite a few of those pop up of late.
cdhague
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Jesusmalverde wrote:
KSUvet wrote:
Prices seem a little low.
Like a Horkey JP for $400? Yeah...
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:58 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:A reminder: be very careful of new EB-ers selling sought after prints for "too good to be true" prices. Seen quite a few of those pop up of late.
JackSeller maybe? :lol:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq