Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Get it together Aaron! Esao's about to lap you.
mazdog
Art Expert

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 pm

punch wrote:
alittle wrote:
machination wrote:David Choe is extremely shady.
I hope no one does anything with him for the long-term.
Did you listen to him on Joe Rogan's podcast where he discusses this in detail?
Of course not. Haha.

hahaha i had the exact thought.....choe is not for everyone but come on if you listen to a show or two you quickly see that half of what he says is, at best, a drastic exaggeration.
mcnail
Art Expert

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Whoever actually took these pics, I've been sharing some on IG. If you'd like credit, please PM or email me.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 am

mazdog wrote:
punch wrote:
alittle wrote:
machination wrote:David Choe is extremely shady.
I hope no one does anything with him for the long-term.
Did you listen to him on Joe Rogan's podcast where he discusses this in detail?
Of course not. Haha.

hahaha i had the exact thought.....choe is not for everyone but come on if you listen to a show or two you quickly see that half of what he says is, at best, a drastic exaggeration.
That doesn't make it better. You never know what the guy is talking about and what the hell is the truth and what's a lie. According to you guys, he could probably get away with anything.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:01 am

rich people usually do
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:14 am

GiantBoyDective wrote:rich people usually do
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:27 am

Thanks to timc for the photos
So it goes...
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 am

^^ Nice! Aaron's part starting to really come along in those pics.

Another sketch...

You can see the spots Esao is leaving for Aaron... bird on bow, and a the jumping manta.

smokeycat
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

All the pics are great! Keep posting them please and thanks!
ImageImageImage
scumbugg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:46 pm

So many of his recent creature concepts remind me of Wayne Barlowe. Expedition should be required reading for Horkey fans.

cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Thank you for that Scummbugg, I have been trying to place that name for the past few months. I knew I had seen some amazing animal concept work that Horkey reminded me of. I just could not remember who.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:41 pm

For being such a hugely influential concept artist Wayne is also an incredibly humble guy.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
bk
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:22 pm

creativity and collective consciousness is always pretty interesting.... just last night I finally figured out a concept for a gig poster... am stoked, happy and can finally get to work... then today do my normal "read the morning paper" internetting and see this mural stuff... and oddly enough, the concept i came up with is a seascape scene with an above water, below water scene with a fish diving below the surface and two small tiny boats above,... it's an entirely different image and piece (obviously given aaron and esao's crazy talent), but has an overall similar compositional aspect...

it's just one of those moments when you realize how weird and interesting the world is... it's like a scene from the movie waking life, the scene with ethan hawke where he talks about how there was a study where they gave people a new crossword puzzle and a day old crossword puzzle and the people did better on the day old puzzle.. and ethan hawke says it's like that once the answers to something have been put out there and people have already solved the questions, other people are then able to somehow access them easier then say the answers to the new crossword puzzle that no one has answered yet....

like when the same ideas seem to randomly happen at the same time on opposite ends of the world... breakthroughs in science or whatever... it's a trip... but it's a bummer too when you think you got something cool you came up with then the next day to see people doing sort of the same thing well before you even had the idea and the people doing it are giant monsters!
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Thinkspace posted some photos of the mural and i suggested they try to organise another wall collab before the LA show, which they replied quickly that this was in the works already if they can get the schedules to work and also pulling in joao ruas into the mix
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 pm

AlanCampbell wrote:Thinkspace posted some photos of the mural and i suggested they try to organise another wall collab before the LA show, which they replied quickly that this was in the works already if they can get the schedules to work and also pulling in joao ruas into the mix
:shock:
So it goes...