Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
aivc
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:04 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:So, Stout coming to terms with himself for profiting from his "tracing" abilities and decides to join the army?

It takes a big person to acknowledge their short comings like that. More power to him! :clap:
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:30 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:So, Stout coming to terms with himself for profiting from his "tracing" abilities and decides to join the army?

It takes a big person to acknowledge their short comings like that. More power to him! :clap:

Show me a side-by-side tracing comparison or STFU
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Particle wrote:

The whole of the Akira piece is a collage of images identical to frames from the film.......but it's hard to get the exact frames to display side by side. What saves it is that the whole thing is so well done, it's more than just the sum of it's parts.

That said, I think King Of Nothing needs a serious attitude readjustment.....or to just stop spouting fudge.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:42 pm

If there is one thing I hate about movie posters it's when the characters look exactly like they do in the movies....
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Particle wrote:

Get me access to Stout's Photoshop/Illustrator files and I will.

*edit to add: not that it's a bad thing, he's created a "look/style" and most people like that "look/style." No harm, no foul.

I'll stick by a quote a mentor years ago told me. Those that can do, those who can't __________. Fill in the blank.
Last edited by KingOfNothing on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:
Particle wrote:

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:
Particle wrote:

*edit to add: not that it's a bad thing, he's created a "look/style" and most people like that "look/style." No harm, no foul.

I'll stick by a quote a mentor years ago told me. Those that can do, those who can't __________. Fill in the blank.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:04 pm

tj wrote:man, you guys outta read more on this forum. there's tons of hidden jewels and info on here if you just look. like my "what did you get for chrimbus" thread in anything goes. it'd totally answer your question...kinda. but now, this too will be forgotten as it's in an olly moss thread not a tyler stout thread. LE SIGH.

anyway, though, tyler draws everything first in his notebook. multiple times. like, multiple rough drafts, then a final with ink. then he scans it in and messes with it in illustrator. check it -- hoggle from the labyrinth (one of his rough's that he finished up and added doodles). Or if you're into FOTC, then it's "1986 david bowie from the movie the labyrinth."

point is, no tracing. that's a terrible and stupid rumor thought up by star wars turds. ALSO if you read my twitter or tyler's blog, you'd see pictures of his studio and would be able to see the set up he's working in.

lastly, to those who criticize tyler or olly for doing the same "thing" every poster -- the only thing you can say when an artist has perfected a style and there's nothing left to criticize is "do something different."

https://www.google.com/search?q=http:// ... B540%3B720

P.S. I miss tj.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
desch
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Ha, kingofnothing is a Star Wars turd! :lol:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
c0bbz
Art Expert

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:58 am

KingOfNothing wrote:
Particle wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:
Are assholes on an internet forum.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:04 am

Those that can't do, teach. Those that can't teach, teach gym.- "Ned Schneebly"
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:31 am

cmatthews11 wrote:Looking forward to the movie, and I've enjoyed some of his recent prints, but this doesn't seem to capture the feel of the film (based on the trailer).
i gotta point out the logic flaw of saying you dont feel the poster matches the feel of a film you havent seen yet
1000steps
Art Expert

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:34 am

but dem trailers!
Welcome to the sleaze pit
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:45 pm

danieldanger wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:Looking forward to the movie, and I've enjoyed some of his recent prints, but this doesn't seem to capture the feel of the film (based on the trailer).
i gotta point out the logic flaw of saying you dont feel the poster matches the feel of a film you havent seen yet
well, if I called it a lazy poster I'm sure you'd have an issue with that too, and i'm guessing he hasn't seen the film yet either.
AldoTheApache
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:32 am

Pulp fiction landed today. I can't believe how great it looks in person. It's stunning.