AOR 2.298 Cosmic Car Show 67 Mouse

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:01 am

This topic is dedicated to: AOR 2.298 Cosmic Car Show 67 Mouse

surfadelic
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:36 am

The wide range of prices for this poster probably does not reflect the actual value of the original 1967 poster.
The original poster is 15.25" X 22" and is quite rare. It may have been (i.e. most probably was) reprinted. Was the poster marked "San Francisco Poster Company" the first printing? I do not know. See below.
The image was reprinted by S2 Editions, Ltd. in 2004 as an oversize lithographic print on thick Coventry paper in an edition of 350 (plus the usual artist and printers' proofs) and measured about 30" X 39" . Those prints were numbered and signed by the artist.
If a buyer is interested in an investment, he or she should expect to do some research or consult with a reputable expert, preferably in the San Francisco Bay area. If a person is interested in beautiful wall decor, buy what you like, put it up and enjoy it.
tiedyedmind
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:22 pm

The original is 17" x 23" and bears The Bindweed Press, San Francisco printers credit on the left side of the bottom.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 pm

surfadelic wrote:The wide range of prices for this poster probably does not reflect the actual value of the original 1967 poster.
The original poster is 15.25" X 22" and is quite rare. It may have been (i.e. most probably was) reprinted. Was the poster marked "San Francisco Poster Company" the first printing? I do not know. See below.
The image was reprinted by S2 Editions, Ltd. in 2004 as an oversize lithographic print on thick Coventry paper in an edition of 350 (plus the usual artist and printers' proofs) and measured about 30" X 39" . Those prints were numbered and signed by the artist.
If a buyer is interested in an investment, he or she should expect to do some research or consult with a reputable expert, preferably in the San Francisco Bay area. If a person is interested in beautiful wall decor, buy what you like, put it up and enjoy it.
San Francisco Poster Company was the name that a bootleg poster printing outfit from the UK used.
There are lots of unauthorized/bootleg images they printed. You can find them all over King's Guide.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.