THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:57 pm

mfaith wrote:Trending towards?
Particle used to be DrewJ until he banned himself and somehow convinced the EB mods to let him create a new username. Worked for a while, but soon enough we'll 14 threads about nothing... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
mcnail
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Particle wrote:
mcnail wrote:
Particle wrote:I shat all over the print in exaggerated fashion when it was released because it was just too hard resist and i'm like that (oops). If this print was announced like all the other posters where the image came along at the same time as announcing there will be a print, then it would have been just fine.
Sigh.
Yeah?
I'll just never understand trying to tear something down for the fun of it. No one is immune to feeling bad about stuff. I am all for valid criticism, but doing it for sport is another story.

All good though, let's move on.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:02 pm

mcnail wrote: All good though, let's move on.
Ok, can I have a print of Irruption, please? 8)
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
mfaith wrote:Trending towards?
Particle used to be DrewJ until he banned himself and somehow convinced the EB mods to let him create a new username. Worked for a while, but soon enough we'll 14 threads about nothing... :lol:
Oh, I knew what you meant. I just meant it's well past the 'trending towards' stage. He's been hardcore trolling for a bit now. I don't care so much for my own sake. I can suffer trolls all day and it doesn't ruffle my feathers too much. But I hate to see the affect it has on other people who could potentially add so much value to a place like this. Artists, and other people who don't want to deal with that bs. That part of it frustrates me. But anyway, that's all I'll comment about it.
mcnail wrote: I'll just never understand trying to tear something down for the fun of it. No one is immune to feeling bad about stuff. I am all for valid criticism, but doing it for sport is another story.

All good though, let's move on.
This^^ Well said Mitch. And yes, let's. :pint:

Back to what was said on the show about VACVVM. I can't say enough how stoked I am to hear how active all 8 folks are working towards this big series of releases. Wonder who will be the first up. From what was teased in various posts, Mike seemed the furthest along. Though Holt's big wave and lighthouse tease was even earlier, so perhaps that's it.
So it goes...
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:08 pm

Bikejoh wrote:This board pummeled Stout Alien into the ground. Crazy how much effect anti-hype has in the aftermarket.
Not sure if serious...
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:14 pm

I guess my problem is that in my mind it's valid criticism but when I type on this forum my bitterness comes out and I'm a total asshole and instead of trying to fix it I embrace it because I know people see me that way anyway.

I'm genuinley sorry about that. I'll drop it and back off. One bad product out of thousands of amazing stuff you do Mitch. Don't feel bad about it.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:49 pm

WAIT?

There are more VACVVM pins?!

Gimmie!
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:51 pm

KSUvet wrote:
mcnail wrote: All good though, let's move on.
Ok, can I have a print of Irruption, please? 8)
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Sweet!!! Can't wait to get mine.
The hoodie was actually in my mailbox as I wrote this.. :lol:

Fits great, top-notch quality, embroidering is fantastic. This thing is warm as hell. Please, Texas... just give me one more week of cold....
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Particle wrote:I guess my problem is that in my mind it's valid criticism but when I type on this forum my bitterness comes out and I'm a total asshole and instead of trying to fix it I embrace it because I know people see me that way anyway.

I'm genuinley sorry about that. I'll drop it and back off. One bad product out of thousands of amazing stuff you do Mitch. Don't feel bad about it.
EB Particle and IRL Particle are two very different people. I think if we get him a sarcastic font we will all be fine.

I've said this a million times on this thread but our hive imaginations are way more satisfying than whatever could possibly be released by alot of these artists. Happened with Mondocon, Happened with Die Hard, happened with Alien. Will keep happening. I've tried to manage my expectations for all of it and just enjoy it when something I'm really into comes out, and waiting in endless lines with you sad bastereds :-)

PS. Excited to see the VACVVM colab thingy. But the question still remains, will it have Bruce Willis's likeness on it>!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Particle wrote: I'm a total asshole
:iagree:
35mmpaul wrote:EB Particle and IRL Particle are two very different people.
not really. he just doesn't have the courage to be his online self IRL.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:58 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
I just think he spends way too much time on here. I know when I tend to get out of line, a little breather from EB here and there doesn't hurt to get me back on the straight and narrow.
Cragars
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
ErocAfellar wrote:
I just think he spends way too much time on here. I know when I tend to get out of line, a little breather from EB here and there doesn't hurt to get me back on the straight and narrow.
He's making a point of staying around after he got the almighty drymount zinged out of him at work. People respond to him, it reinforces his behavior. Ignore him like you would a child throwing a tantrum.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Fits great, top-notch quality, embroidering is fantastic. This thing is warm as hell.
This. Nice job, Mitch.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:03 pm

35mmpaul wrote:WAIT?

There are more VACVVM pins?!

Gimmie!
Did you get one of the new hoodies? It looks like if you did, they'll probably come with it. :)
So it goes...