Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
ColeParks
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:31 pm

brettlv5506 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:To me the crop of films in 2013 and somewhat of 2012 were better than this years. Not to mention a few of the films already had prints done for them. Grand Budapest, Boyhood, Foxcatcher, Lego Movie, GOTG, Captain America have all been done.

I can't really see that many other films needing prints besides American Sniper, Birdman, Interstellar, Inherent Vice and maybe Imitation Game. Outside of that what else is there?
Whiplash, Gone Girl, Princess Kaguya, Big Hero 6, Nightcrawler
Grand Budapest and Boyhood deserve better prints in my opinion and all of those mentioned deserve something nice, especially Birdman, Gone Girl, Whiplash and Nightcrawler!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Particle wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
Particle wrote:I'll never understand wanting a print for a Brand New movie. I get Marvel properties that have been around longer than the movie itself but I don't get wanting a print for a movie unless it is like a decade later and you still LOVE the movie.

Just me though.
I agree to a point. Only one I could see myself actually getting if it was made would be American Sniper. I was a big fan of the book and the movie was fantastic. Just needs the print to be done right

You read his biography AND you watched the movie and you still liked the movie?

The movie is about as much of a true story as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Yeah, the guy existed but he didn't do any of that fudge.
He did snipe people.

Anyway, I have no problem wanting posters for new movies. Edge of Tomorrow is a great example, I've watched it like 10 times already, love it as much as the first time. I don't know if 10 years from now I'll look back and regret buying an Edge of Tomorrow poster. I don't need 10 years to decide if I want a poster for it. I know a lot of people are opposite- they only want "classics". Sorry, but I don't want to wait 10 years to see if I still like the movie just so I can have a poster. That $60 isn't so crucial that I need to wait 10 years.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:40 pm

^ I agree

And now that I think of it. I would have bought a good The Master Print almost immediatley.

Damn, we need a good The Master poster.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:43 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:I would be curious to know what capacity he is joining the military...jonesing to be shipped off and fight somewhere vs. the national guard or some other lighter form of the 'fray' are two different things.
He joined for the healthcare for his family. I'm pretty sure they said it was the Army reserves.
Ah, gotcha. Insurance in this country is so drymounted up...
What a strange/sad reason to join. Surely Obamacare woulda been cheaper, no? Beats the prospect of being shipped off to Syria. Though I doubt a 37 year old artist would be their first choice to go.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:47 pm

I'd like a Tomer Hanuka John Wick poster, please.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Inherent Vice is one i'm going to want for a long time until it's made, same with The Guest.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Particle wrote:^ I agree

And now that I think of it. I would have bought a good The Master Print almost immediatley.

You don't like Durieux's? I'll be honest my only problem is I wish it had a variant or not so much blue and orange, but it's such a great take on the film I love it regardless. It's a powerful print.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:I'd like a Tomer Hanuka John Wick poster, please.
Oh man, great idea!
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:19 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
Particle wrote:^ I agree

You don't like Durieux's? I'll be honest my only problem is I wish it had a variant or not so much blue and orange, but it's such a great take on the film I love it regardless. It's a powerful print.
I like Durieux and I like the print but it's not something I would hang unless I had a "Movie Room" where it makes sense in context. I'd really like something a little less overpowering for me to hang.

No joke. I sent Horkey an email a long time ago offering $7,000 for a The Master print to go with his TWBB. Got a response from his agent or someone that handles his emails or whatever that he would think about it.

Never heard back. lol
BonesawMcGraw
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:24 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:#003 First Blood (Mondo X SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)

http://www.hidefninja.com/community/thr ... ada.61902/
Digg it
+1 for this canuck
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:16 pm

sutfin wrote:Today, Final Spider-man v. Doc Ock remarqued variant edition no01 & 02 of 08, HULK & RHINO. Edition numbers are painted in metallic silver. Thank you so much for support on IG and have a great weekend! @mondotees #mondotees #marvelcomics #hulk #rhino #mikesutfin

The first two Sutfin Spider-Man remarques are completed. Man this was such a wonderful idea for a remarque, and incredible execution. Mike really goes all out on his remarques. :clap:
So it goes...
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:21 pm

^insane
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:22 pm

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:I would be curious to know what capacity he is joining the military...jonesing to be shipped off and fight somewhere vs. the national guard or some other lighter form of the 'fray' are two different things.
He joined for the healthcare for his family. I'm pretty sure they said it was the Army reserves.
Ah, gotcha. Insurance in this country is so drymounted up...
What a strange/sad reason to join. Surely Obamacare woulda been cheaper, no? Beats the prospect of being shipped off to Syria. Though I doubt a 37 year old artist would be their first choice to go.
Maybe he is being parachuted in at night to plaster street walls with that Alien poster to confound the enemy?

(ISO war zone OG).

---

Lels aside: Obamacare is worst eva for folks without pre-existing conditions and are generally healthy.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:41 pm

well somebody has to pay for all the obese sick people to stay alive