What is your latest proud SKETCH acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:07 pm

GmidD wrote:Image

Love the Scribe's! Such a nice dude :clap:
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:58 am

OK, I know this is going to be pretty goofy to a lot of people, but screw it, I'm sharing it :pint:

I grew up outside of Nashville, and the first time my now fiancee and I went to HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC, we met a cartoonist named Jason Horn who lives in Nashville. We liked his stuff, bought a book and some prints, and ended up talking to him for quite a while. His website is http://ninjasaur.com/ (it's actually a pretty cool series, check it out if you've got kids!). He also does quite a bit of "mash-up" type artwork, incorporating things like Adventure Time and Doctor Who, classic video games, all kinds of stuff.

We kept seeing him at Heroes (been the last 3 years, hoping to keep that going), and this year he was also at Baltimore CC and SPX. He's a cool, super nice guy, and we really like his art style (for the types of things he always draws, it's pretty perfect), and my fiancee and I are getting married in October, so we decided to commission him for our Save the Dates. We got the file for the printer back around the first of the year, but the inked sketch he did for us came in a few days ago...

Again, this may seem a bit goofy to some of you, but we both love Star Wars, Adventure Time, and Doctor Who. Plus, we live right outside of DC, and I proposed on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial. So, this is pretty awesome for us. The printed copies are much cleaner and more finished, but here is the concept sketch that he hand-colored for us:

mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:42 am

I think it's awesome as hell :clap:
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:12 pm

dasponyboy wrote:I think it's awesome as hell :clap:
Thank you! We do, too... I was just bracing myself for any :roll: -type remarks I got :lol:

But seriously, thank you :pint:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm

That's awesome. Congrats. :pint:
So it goes...
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:53 pm

LeeKaye wrote:This is kind of a sketch, quick water colour sketch by Dave Mack.

love it, did David charge you or was it a con sketch?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Very cool! Since I don't remember Finn having a 5 o'clock shadow, is it safe to assume he and Princess Bubblegum are you and your intended?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:55 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Very cool! Since I don't remember Finn having a 5 o'clock shadow, is it safe to assume he and Princess Bubblegum are you and your intended?
Thanks a bunch! And hahaha, yes, that is definitely supposed to be us. In the final digital file and printed cards, her flesh tone is actually a tad darker than mine, being that she is half-Colombian :D

Thanks again! I'm really happy to share this piece on here :pint:
smokeycat
Art Expert

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:37 am

Thanks for sharing! Cool!
ImageImageImage
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:56 pm

I got this sketch in the mail today. :D

Burchell's Zebra Skull by Miles Tsang
So it goes...
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:04 am

schmoff wrote:
LeeKaye wrote:This is kind of a sketch, quick water colour sketch by Dave Mack.

love it, did David charge you or was it a con sketch?

I got it from eBay, but the original owner got it at a con. I am not sure if he was charged. I was sent a photo of the session where he was doing it, but not sure other than that. It's been laying unloved for years and I really ought to frame it. I only remembered it when friends on a FB group were talking about the recent Mack kickstarter thing.
plaink
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Deth P Sun sketchbook from a few years ago, 30 pages of drawings. Just a small selection below, one of my favorite artists.

bootstrut
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Very awesome bonus sketch I got with an OG I purchased from Danny O'Connor

mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 pm

agr719 wrote:Thank you! We do, too... I was just bracing myself for any :roll: -type remarks I got :lol:
Anyone busting your balls for something that makes you and your girl (congrats) super happy is a drymounting dingleberry, so drymount them anyway.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
agr719
Art Expert

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:29 pm

mistersmith wrote:
agr719 wrote:Thank you! We do, too... I was just bracing myself for any :roll: -type remarks I got :lol:
Anyone busting your balls for something that makes you and your girl (congrats) super happy is a drymounting dingleberry, so drymount them anyway.
Hahaha thank you! I know that was unnecessary... I mean, look where I am :lol: Seriously, though, I really appreciate all the kind words! :pint: