THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 am

Nos wrote:Since the print itself couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.
Bingo. The print is a lazy effort and looks like fudge. That's why the aftermarket is poor.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

I wish pwints had more space prints. :P
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 am

Even with all the "anti-hype", it still sold out within an hour, didn't it? What do they care about the aftermarket?
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 am

alittle wrote:
Nos wrote:Since the print itself couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.
Bingo. The print is a lazy effort and looks like fudge. That's why the aftermarket is poor.
I hope Mitch at least knows the backlash has nothing to do with Tyler trying other styles or any of the other points he brings up in the podcast.

It was funny when the host of the podcast trashed the print too, lol.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:00 pm

SteveGo wrote:Even with all the "anti-hype", it still sold out within an hour, didn't it? What do they care about the aftermarket?
Let's be honest, Stout could smear his poop on a piece of paper and the Mondohs would sell it out in minutes.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 pm

SteveGo wrote: What do they care about the aftermarket?
Is this a real question?
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:29 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:
Is this a real question?
Yes. Why would Mondo care about how much prints are flipping for, they don't see any of that money.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 pm

SteveGo wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:
Is this a real question?
Yes. Why would Mondo care about how much prints are flipping for, they don't see any of that money.
It is essential for reasons that are hard to explain but really you just kind of "get"

There is a reason why shitty posters still sell out fast. Flip potential. Or at the very least, "resell security". Meaning: If you buy a print and decide that you don't like it later, you have the comfort in knowing you could, at the very least, sell it for your money back and potentially even more.

If everything Mondo sold had zero flip factor, they wouldn't be what they are.
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Particle wrote:
SteveGo wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:
Is this a real question?
It is essential for reasons that are hard to explain but really you just kind of "get"

There is a reason why shitty posters still sell out fast. Flip potential. Or at the very least, "resell security". Meaning: If you buy a print and decide that you don't like it later, you have the comfort in knowing you could, at the very least, sell it for your money back and potentially even more.

I get that. Having their products sell for crazy amounts in the after market drums up general interest in the company. I just find it funny that they would label people having a negative opinion as "anti-hype", as though it were some tactic by this community.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 pm

SteveGo wrote: I just find it funny that they would label people having a negative opinion as "anti-hype", as though it were some tactic by this community.
It often is. It's a pretty fine line. Really it's just knowing who's saying it more than what's being said.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm

are you mondos #1 fanboy? serious question
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
SteveGo wrote: I just find it funny that they would label people having a negative opinion as "anti-hype", as though it were some tactic by this community.
It often is. It's a pretty fine line. Really it's just knowing who's saying it more than what's being said.
That's a shame. How will they be able to tell truly bad, lazy art from stuff that people are anti-hyping then? People are ruining it for themselves, I guess.
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:50 pm

:pint:
Last edited by SteveGo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:are you mondos #1 fanboy? serious question
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:04 pm

SteveGo wrote:
Particle wrote:
SteveGo wrote:

I get that. Having their products sell for crazy amounts in the after market drums up general interest in the company. I just find it funny that they would label people having a negative opinion as "anti-hype", as though it were some tactic by this community.
I'm sure it's a misguided tactic by a few on here but honestly I doubt very many people find much value in anti-hyping something. If it's Mondo and it's a Stout, it's gonna sell out regardless if the vast majority didn't feel it met their expectations. We all should know that by now...