Dubflakes
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:19 pm

toobs wrote:lame the Cryptik - Avalokiteshvara went from $125 to $150
Price went up, size went down.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:25 pm

They've decided to get more of those Archive dollars on the front end.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Codeblue wrote:They've decided to get more of those Archive dollars on the front end.
oof
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Big swing and a miss on the cryptik... Waitlisted down to 8 before sellout. <Insert Price is Right failure sound here>
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
BonesawMcGraw
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 pm

I must be the only person who doesn't get the Cryptic hype at all....
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm

No hype for me. Genuinely like the symmetry, colors and shapes in his Mandela prints.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:07 am

dropdoctor wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:No hype for me. Genuinely like the symmetry, colors and shapes in his Mandela prints.

Agreed 100%. Needs no hype!
Agreed as well, really don't see much hype really, just a ton of people who like guys stuff, bummed I missed out on this, my first mantra miss
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:09 am

Toobs, do you have much of his work hung? I like the guy's art a lot; it's definitely aesthetically pleasing. But if you have a few hung does it start to get repetitive? I guess he may not have put out enough work yet for that to be an issue.
Image Image
shoeless
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:35 am

dsanacore wrote:Toobs, do you have much of his work hung? I like the guy's art a lot; it's definitely aesthetically pleasing. But if you have a few hung does it start to get repetitive? I guess he may not have put out enough work yet for that to be an issue.
I really enjoyed his first mandala.....now it seems he's milking it. They all look the same to me. To each their own.
He's had other great images.
I think this is his best:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:16 am

dsanacore wrote:Toobs, do you have much of his work hung? I like the guy's art a lot; it's definitely aesthetically pleasing. But if you have a few hung does it start to get repetitive? I guess he may not have put out enough work yet for that to be an issue.
Not that you were asking me, but I have the original Mandala (on white) hung and I am just about finished with the second (on black). The have different mantras on them, so repetition is minimal. The third (still bummed I missed) has the same mantra as the first, but he looks like he did some cool stuff with gradients to make it appear to be circling down. Plus they are all screen prints (rare for 1XRun) and all have very tasty metallics on them.
student42
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:34 am

shoeless wrote: He's had other great images.
I think this is his best:
Agree
ImageI like pie!
av308
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:59 am

toobs wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:No hype for me. Genuinely like the symmetry, colors and shapes in his Mandela prints.

Agreed as well, really don't see much hype really, just a ton of people who like guys stuff, bummed I missed out on this, my first mantra miss
Yup...this sums up my opinion and miss on the drop. I got 34 on the wait list!!!! I literally missed it by one ( guess not counting what they hold back for future sells ) ,but still I saw the number of available prints dwindle down as it neared my position in line and realized I just missed it. I guess I should not have made that second click on the "Buy Now" button which probably was the reason I got wait listed that far back. Oh well next time. :pint:
GmidD
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 pm

toobs wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:

I own a fudge ton of prints and the Cryptik ones are in the very few that my wife actually likes. They're next in the framing queue for sure.
student42
Art Expert

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Surprised the Sainer is so much harder to get than the Bezt.
I like both artists but I thought the Bezt piece was a much stronger image and cheaper as well.
ImageI like pie!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:13 pm

i like the sainer.

wait list of 135. :shock:
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral