Username Change

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
alexlrose9
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:22 pm

how can I change my username?!
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Can't.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
EG8
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Done with guns and roses? :D
Don't worry my name sucks too - it gets better :wink:
Image Image Image
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:26 pm

why would you want to???? Alex-l-rose-9 just rolls off the tongue.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Really, though, the only reason to change user names is to sell prints or screw people over. Let's say, for example, you just bought a lot of prints (random, I know) from a member here. Then you wanted to flip them, but didnt want the original seller to know you were selling them (though you've already listed them in your WT). You could, then, want to change your username to sell the prints and not be called out. But that's just a hypothetical. Or, you could just be trying to scam everyone. Whatcha got to hide?
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Last edited by OtomoChaser on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
Noah0189
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

User has the same ebay name. :lol:
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Noah0189 wrote:User has the same ebay name. :lol:
Yep. Been f(ai)lipping those obeys hard
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:Really, though, the only reason to change user names is to sell prints or screw people over. Let's say, for example, you just bought a lot of prints (random, I know) from a member here. Then you wanted to flip them, but didnt want the original seller to know you were selling them (though you've already listed them in your WT). You could, then, want to change your username to sell the prints and not be called out. But that's just a hypothetical. Or, you could just be trying to scam everyone. Whatcha got to hide?
I disagree with the first sentence. Sometimes it's nice to just have a fresh start - as with DrewJ and Wneff, neither of whom have been accused of any impropriety to my knowledge.

Also, requesting a name change is a damn sight more long-winded than just setting up an alt. I see little to be gained from your hypothesis other than a lot of wasted effort.

I sometimes want to change my name, since this handle is too strongly associated with certain things that inhibit my comfort in commenting on art outside of what I've been most vocal about but really dig, since the comments might be taken less seriously coming from my current username.

I ain't got a thing to hide. Just a fudge handle. :lol:
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:59 pm

When I signed up I used my real name. Ooops.
ImageT.K.C.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:Really, though, the only reason to change user names is to sell prints or screw people over. Let's say, for example, you just bought a lot of prints (random, I know) from a member here. Then you wanted to flip them, but didnt want the original seller to know you were selling them (though you've already listed them in your WT). You could, then, want to change your username to sell the prints and not be called out. But that's just a hypothetical. Or, you could just be trying to scam everyone. Whatcha got to hide?
If I sell you a print at $100 and you flip it at $200 then what is the big deal? I've never done it on here but I have on eBay.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Noah0189 wrote:User has the same ebay name. :lol:
I second your vibrating upper lip
alexlrose9
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:19 pm

I opened an eBay account for the new year, and I would have liked to have this account in the same name without starting a whole new one is all.

And hey, if flipping prints is just a means to an ISO, what's the big deal?
alexlrose9
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 pm

alexlrose9 wrote:I opened an eBay account for the new year, and I would have liked to have this account in the same name without starting a whole new one is all.

And hey, if flipping prints is just a means to an ISO, what's the big deal?
it's alextheprintcollector if anyone is wondering
alexlrose9
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 pm

EG8 wrote:Done with guns and roses? :D
Don't worry my name sucks too - it gets better :wink:
my name is actually alex rose though lol