Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
simplyrob
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:55 am

I think that's a full plate. What are you guys exactly expecting from the guy? He's working.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:54 am

Piece for the ACME Golden Ticket winner -

And the original pencils -

My up to date trades and ISOs.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:36 am

simplyrob wrote:I think that's a full plate. What are you guys exactly expecting from the guy? He's working.
A response to subscribers/customers is always a good start. It's good business sense and common courtesy.

He's simply telling those who have to go and ask him how busy he is, not answering the initial query or providing a timeline on what is due to them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
simplyrob
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 pm

rubberneck wrote:
simplyrob wrote:I think that's a full plate. What are you guys exactly expecting from the guy? He's working.
A response to subscribers/customers is always a good start. It's good business sense and common courtesy.

He's simply telling those who have to go and ask him how busy he is, not answering the initial query or providing a timeline on what is due to them.
I would assume that any break in communication has been due to a workload. Anybody thats in the sub should know that and what prints they have coming.

Just to clarify, you're pissed because Mark hasn't answered your questions and you havent received your sub tubes yet? Right?
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:41 pm

simplyrob wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

I would assume that any break in communication has been due to a workload. Anybody thats in the sub should know that and what prints they have coming.

Just to clarify, you're pissed because Mark hasn't answered your questions and you havent received your sub tubes yet? Right?
Nope. not in sub.

Just based off general practices in this hobby combined with some pm's from sub members annoyed but unwilling to rock the boat publicly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Isn't there supposed to be a sub-specific facebook page for him to update people?

I can assume he's busy but still on the ball, so to speak (piece for the golden ticket winner looks awesomesauce)...but even as a non-sub guy I'm just curious about how he's been.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Sucks that Mark has been having health problems.

However, 2 years is a really long time to wait for items, especially if there's not much correspondence happening. I eventually cancelled my order because it was supposed to be a gift. Not sure how the sub tubes work though.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:51 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Isn't there supposed to be a sub-specific facebook page for him to update people?

but even as a non-sub guy I'm just curious about how he's been.
I'm not sure how detailed I'm supposed to discuss the sub outside of the Facebook group but I'm in the lowest tier of the sub so I will give you an honest review of it so far.

The Facebook group is mainly just the same thing as his taco belvedere group, not much of anything else is in there, kind of a waste, most of the information we get is thru newsletters that mark sends to each sub tier. It's been a while since we have gotten one that had any substance to it.

Much like this thread it's been pretty quiet since his solo show. There have been a few different reasons given by Mark as to why tubes were stalled, I have no idea if they are the truth or not, you can only take them at his word. I got my tube after 7 or 8 months (I think) and I think the only print he has released since that tube is the RWBY print so it's just been extremely quiet really.

I do not know why others would not have gotten their tubes... that would be between Mark and them. If they have an issue then they should ask him. (I haven't seen anyone ask in the FB group in a while. Maybe they gave up? Last I knew he said they were overseas tubes he needed to send.)

Sub members got a couple pins, a t-shirt (which is pretty cool), and a sub exclusive print although I have not heard about that at all and with only a couple months before the year sub runs out I'm kinda wondering if it will happen.

I do feel like I've gotten my moneys worth out of it though. Being a lower level member I wasn't able to get everything Mark did but he did get some extras of those and offered them to us so I can't complain.

Hope that helps.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
Mmoomey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:44 pm

beetlejuice wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Isn't there supposed to be a sub-specific facebook page for him to update people?

but even as a non-sub guy I'm just curious about how he's been.
I'm not sure how detailed I'm supposed to discuss the sub outside of the Facebook group but I'm in the lowest tier of the sub so I will give you an honest review of it so far.

The Facebook group is mainly just the same thing as his taco belvedere group, not much of anything else is in there, kind of a waste, most of the information we get is thru newsletters that mark sends to each sub tier. It's been a while since we have gotten one that had any substance to it.

Much like this thread it's been pretty quiet since his solo show. There have been a few different reasons given by Mark as to why tubes were stalled, I have no idea if they are the truth or not, you can only take them at his word. I got my tube after 7 or 8 months (I think) and I think the only print he has released since that tube is the RWBY print so it's just been extremely quiet really.

I do not know why others would not have gotten their tubes... that would be between Mark and them. If they have an issue then they should ask him. (I haven't seen anyone ask in the FB group in a while. Maybe they gave up? Last I knew he said they were overseas tubes he needed to send.)

Sub members got a couple pins, a t-shirt (which is pretty cool), and a sub exclusive print although I have not heard about that at all and with only a couple months before the year sub runs out I'm kinda wondering if it will happen.

I do feel like I've gotten my moneys worth out of it though. Being a lower level member I wasn't able to get everything Mark did but he did get some extras of those and offered them to us so I can't complain.

Hope that helps.
Shipping for his sub is not the same for all, many have asked for prints on his fb group over the months. He doesn't ship everyones tube at once. He ships them in batches and very spread out. Originally delays were expected due to shows and waiting for his copies to arrive and waiting to combine multiple prints etc. I think over summer or later he said he would be shipping peoples tubes more regularly, then more delays for various reason and shows. Then Christmas time he said he would ship them out and some got lost so he held off. As of this weekend I got shipping notification of my first tube of the sub. I'm not sure how all of them will fit in a tube.

I don't know how this sub is going to work at all come the 1 year date. we still have the sub exclusive and Rob's unique print (as far as I know it hasn't been done). I don't know how the original artwork is supposed to work for higher tiers either since I haven't really seen anything available. I don't see it all being done within the year and not extending well past that.

Its my first sub so I don't know how others have worked but I likely wont be doing subs again for any artist. At this point ive lost nearly all interest in the prints and will just be selling most at original cost to help recover my membership price.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:32 pm

That's a bummer. I noticed it seemed like there was a lot of excuses/reasons but like I said in my first post I have no idea what the real story is.

I understand how it can be frustrating for people waiting on their zombies or their sub prints though when you see him throwing up the UP OG for $600 and then shipping it out the next day and doing the Black Friday Midnight sale and shipping all those out... it kind of throws a mixed message.

I got my prints in 2 tubes, not 1.

What tier were you in?
Go ahead, make my millennium.
Mmoomey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:13 pm

legionnaire deacon
lsmith55
Art Expert

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:26 pm

This is why a majority of subs are terrible ideas for both parties involved.

I have never been a part of one, because 9 out of 10 subs don't seem to pan out the way they should.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Print Sub = EB equivalent of Kickstarter.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Vandal
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Codeblue wrote:Print Sub = EB equivalent of Kickstarter.
simplyrob
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Ok, first off, excuse the length of this. I am in no way speaking for Mark, just trying to help clear up a few things.

In my opinion, this sub has been a complete success. Keep in mind, I have nothing in hand to show for it. We are just getting started on The Natural piece, and Mark has some really excellent insight. Now, it may be almost a year, but, as I stated earlier, dude has been mad busy. If a job comes along, you have to do what's necessary regardless of how many fans or subscribers you have. That's life yall. You can't knock Mark for being absent because he's been working. Hes been working on some crazy stuff that's really gonna put him out there. Stuff that any artist would drop everything going on to tackle. I'm really really proud of Mark. He's got so many NDAs going on, so, I don't know what's in store, but, knowing Mark, it will be awesome. The shipping of the sub tubes is gonna take a bit. So many prints for so many subscribers is a big job, not gonna get done quickly. Would you want your stuff packed fast and mailed fast? Or would you want it done correctly? Please know, I'm not making excuses for Mark, I'm just trying to say, the time he's "been away" is justified. I don't have any insight whatsoever on how all the OGs will be distributed nor do I know what's available, not my concern, but, I'm sure it'll all be handled smoothly. The sub exclusive is in the work queue and is gonna be freakin fantastic, maybe best of the year. :clap: