Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:39 am

If you take the title text ALIEN and shift it up and over the teeth it actually becomes a really nice vinyl cover. It's so obvious that the text fits right at the bottom of the square image. The ooze from the egg seeping right into the word.

Somebody photoshop it, I don't have the program on my work computer anymore
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:54 am

Particle wrote:Mondo should really be embarresed by this.

The poster is garbage. Almost literaly. 2 huge typos, they didn't even quality check it. Most places would throw mistakes in the trash and start again. hence, garbage.
Alright already.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am

Nemesis01 wrote:Just seeing the print for the first time now....up close the details are pretty nice but I am not liking the overall composition. Kinda weird from Stout as he is like the master of composition and laying things out in a single poster. Maybe the weird composition is supposed to make you feel a bit uneasy and off put to go in line with the horror aspect...not sure.
Master of composition? Is that a joke? I think that's his weakness, IMO.
chrishorrorshow
New User

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 am

TKuczynski wrote:If you take the title text ALIEN and shift it up and over the teeth it actually becomes a really nice vinyl cover. It's so obvious that the text fits right at the bottom of the square image. The ooze from the egg seeping right into the word.

Something along these lines?

DrPinkBic
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 am

TKuczynski wrote:If you take the title text ALIEN and shift it up and over the teeth it actually becomes a really nice vinyl cover. It's so obvious that the text fits right at the bottom of the square image. The ooze from the egg seeping right into the word.

uhhhh
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 am

They threw away Marcos prints over some copied art, surely they could of done a reprint for this one with the right date
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 am

They threw away Marcos prints over some copied art, surely they could of done a reprint for this one with the right date
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:11 am

Nemesis01 wrote:Holy crap Remy Adrift has really gone down in value....I might scoop one up at this price. I think it is amazing and I haven't even seen the movie lol...just like the art and unorthodox approach to the content.
One of the most underrated and affordable Horkeys out there. People got too bent out of shape over the rat tail and lack of a proper "Ratatouille" title treatment.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 am

lol
So it goes...
Skrilly
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 am

tenaciousjack wrote:
Nemesis01 wrote:Holy crap Remy Adrift has really gone down in value....I might scoop one up at this price. I think it is amazing and I haven't even seen the movie lol...just like the art and unorthodox approach to the content.
One of the most underrated and affordable Horkeys out there. People got too bent out of shape over the rat tail and lack of a proper "Ratatouille" title treatment.
It is an art print of a rat. IMO it isn't underrated at all.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am

Skrilly wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:
It's Horkey so anything less than losing your absolute fuking mind over it is underrated.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 am

Skrilly wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:
We shouldn't really have different emotional reactions between a rat and a cat and a cow, etc. Society is idiotic. Speciesists.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 am

RE: Remy. I don't mind the anti-hype. Just means by the time i get around to picking it up the price will still be reasonable. 8)
So it goes...
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 am

Skrilly wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:
It's also Disney. I'd venture to guess that not too many metal head skateboarders are into that fudge. I do like it though (and own one) but I'm not surprised that I'm in the minority.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

I'd like it a lot more if it was smaller.

That's also what I'm usually told by women.