All Things Arcadium

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Anybody have info on what this is going to be?
So it goes...
Greatplainsman
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:34 pm

Was wondering that myself...
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm pretty sure it's somehow affiliated with UTB and Bottleneck, but that's really all I know. Love those guys though, so looking forward to finding out more.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Should be fun....
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:01 pm

GmidD wrote:I'm pretty sure it's somehow affiliated with UTB and Bottleneck, but that's really all I know. Love those guys though, so looking forward to finding out more.
Yep, it's Bottleneck/UTB's next venture. Don't know anything else besides what acidburn mentioned, though I think it's something along the lines of what they've been doing with UTBNYC and Mecka Gallery.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks for making this thread. I hope you guys enjoy what comes of it.

In a nutshell, some of you might remember Mecka. Basically, Mecka's main goal was to be a place for our UTB artists + others to show at. UTBNYC is fun but its really just meant to be a fun street art print site.

However, after a few months, we realized a giant warehouse space wasn't logistically possible for many reasons. For instance, a Penny show there would make no sense. Even a Roamcouch or PEZ show wouldn't look right.

Arcadium will hopefully be that gallery + print releases from new artists as we build it out. Our plan is to focus on less massive group shows at Bottleneck and do a few Arcadium shows. And if all goes well, we can maybe open up a second spot? We will see.

And yea def just hinted at a Penny show :D
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:23 pm

acidburn wrote:Thanks for making this thread. I hope you guys enjoy what comes of it.

In a nutshell, some of you might remember Mecka. Basically, Mecka's main goal was to be a place for our UTB artists + others to show at. UTBNYC is fun but its really just meant to be a fun street art print site.

However, after a few months, we realized a giant warehouse space wasn't logistically possible for many reasons. For instance, a Penny show there would make no sense. Even a Roamcouch or PEZ show wouldn't look right.

Arcadium will hopefully be that gallery + print releases from new artists as we build it out. Our plan is to focus on less massive group shows at Bottleneck and do a few Arcadium shows. And if all goes well, we can maybe open up a second spot? We will see.

:clap: Can't wait!
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:47 pm

acidburn wrote:Thanks for making this thread. I hope you guys enjoy what comes of it.

Good like to you guys! Hope all goes as planned! :clap:
fung430
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Nice!!! I will be there for the grand opening !!!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:26 pm

We have a few print releases we are doing to open the gallery site.

One of the first two artists to open will be Brian Mashburn. Saw his work a month ago and fell in love with it.

bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:31 pm

:clap:
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Can't wait. I like Brian's work and wished some of his pieces became prints. Thanks and can't wait to see what you have lined up!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 pm

acidburn wrote:We have a few print releases we are doing to open the gallery site.

One of the first two artists to open will be Brian Mashburn. Saw his work a month ago and fell in love with it.
That's wonderful news. I love Brian's work. :pint:
So it goes...
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:04 pm

If the print's anything like the pieces above, count me in!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:33 pm

GmidD wrote:If the print's anything like the pieces above, count me in!

Oh it's purty and affordable