Oo De Lally! 15 Florey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:45 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:
jmagee87 wrote::clap: This is better than pretty much everything at the mondo disney show IMO! Great job Florey! :clap:

and I like the print but man
I stand by it. Probably due to Robin Hood being my favorite Disney film and this captured it perfectly. The only ones I "loved" from the Disney show were the two jungle book pieces and taylors. So for me this one would have been top four from that show
Last edited by jmagee87 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:46 pm

I guess it could depend on your love for the property but I thought there were plenty of excellent offering at the Mondo Disney show. Rich Kelly, Francavilla, Taylor, Moss, Anne Benjamin, Holt all turned in comparable offerings in terms of artwork and quality and that's just off the top of my head. This film was one that I couldn't believe didn't get any representation so I am very happy to be a part of this commission now.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:47 pm

What a great looking print. Congrats guys.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Kramerica wrote:I guess it could depend on your love for the property but I thought there were plenty of excellent offering at the Mondo Disney show. Rich Kelly, Francavilla, Taylor, Moss, Anne Benjamin, Holt all turned in comparable offerings in terms of artwork and quality and that's just off the top of my head. This film was one that I couldn't believe didn't get any representation so I am very happy to be a part of this commission now.
That show was ridic. Across the board.

And yes, this turned out awesome. This and Zeb Love's Mary Poppins go a long way to add to what that show already gave us. :clap:
statik
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:11 pm

I have a "few" photos to share, more once these start arriving at people's homes. And then I'll share a little word on the background behind this. First the photos though since we all know that's what you really want. Please understand first photo was taken in a dark room so this is not a clear representation of the print.

I'm pretty overwhelmed with emotion right now trying to come up with the words to type here. So yeah I finally decided to take a crack at running my first commission as you can see the results aren't too shabby. Pbbfft who am I kidding!? Florey killed it! (in the good sense) We started this in October so it's been torture to keep it quiet this whole time. To be fair I did search people's past posts on here with keywords like Robin Hood to see who expressed a high interest in this film. I went out of my way to make sure you were not left out as I really wanted this to be for the true fans.

I choose Robin Hood because it's a film that has always been my all time favorite as a kid. The lack of art for it got tiring, especially when it got no love at Mondo's Disney show. All my friends seemed to agree so it had to be done. This was a labor of love more than anything. Thank you to everyone who supported this private commission and trusted me even though this is my first time doing this. It will not be the last.

Plenty more photos coming soon.
Oo De Lally indeed!
drymount your sig!
bluestskies
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:22 pm

This is so nice. Any additional prints available? AP's from Florey? Great work.
legallyvile
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Piece is sold out and the 7 "APs" are all spoken for amongst individuals that helped with the commission. So, no further sales coming outside of the secondary market.
victorialane
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:30 pm

legallyvile wrote:Piece is sold out and the 7 "APs" are all spoken for amongst individuals that helped with the commission. So, no further sales coming outside of the secondary market.

Flippers paradise
Drkilzum
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm

I am one happy dude to have been searched out by StaTik for this comission. This is a true example of labor of love by everyone that was involved in this print coming together. There was absolutely no problems, hassles or issues that arose. I am happy to see that none of them have arrived on the secondary market as well. This print is one of my favorites and I cannot wait until it is in hand thanks again Sta and Florey you guys killed it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Great job Florey
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Really sad I don't have one, but I really like how you reached out to people who specifically mentioned this movie. Brb, editing my signature to include all my favorite movies.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 pm

victorialane wrote:
legallyvile wrote:Piece is sold out and the 7 "APs" are all spoken for amongst individuals that helped with the commission. So, no further sales coming outside of the secondary market.

Flippers paradise
not really
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Rhymnoceros24
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:03 pm

DickButt wrote:Really sad I don't have one, but I really like how you reached out to people who specifically mentioned this movie. Brb, editing my signature to include all my favorite movies.
Same here, I've loved this movie since I was a kid. I was kind of surprised this movie wasn't covered by Mondo. Really wish I was in on the commission. Congrats to those who were!
bluestskies
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:59 pm

thx for the info. iso.
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm

ha! Nice poster and perfect for the movie. I'll echo the previous statement and say that this tops nearly every print at that Disney show.

Loved this movie as a kid and reminds me of the happier moments in college as, for whatever reason, this was on loop during long nights in the art building.