Drunken Promises 15 Doyle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jfiks

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 am

Feeling really fortunate to get in on this print. The original artwork is on eBay right now.
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Perhaps Tim Doyle should have gotten a bit more drunk and passed out before this display of overwhelming generosity/novelty came to fruition. I can't wait for the 4th Edition of this one! Restoring some balance to the universe, here. Way too much Doyle jock-riding lately.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:44 pm

I think he said no reprints on this one.

Who knows, maybe an alternate colorway though.
Same fudge, different drop.
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 pm

For Shame. I am annoyed by these artists who produce multiple runs of "limited Edition" prints. I was on his page yesterday and had to chuckle to myself. "Cha-Ching!!, Cha-Ching!!" Opportunism and cashing in. And he's not the only one-i have seen this a bit more as of late. Does this practice not nullify the concept of a 'Limited Edition'?
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:03 pm

StaggerLee wrote: Does this practice not nullify the concept of a 'Limited Edition'?
limited edition really doesn't mean much anymore. you got numbered reg and variant editions, unnumbered and numbered aps and aes and pps. i'm sure i am leaving some out but you get the drift. i mean really wtf does limited edition mean?? :P
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:14 pm

That's a good point. Still, Just give me a reg, a variant or two and call it a day. You sell out of them and that's it. Create something new. All of this recycling is getting stale.
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:34 am

StaggerLee wrote:That's a good point. Still, Just give me a reg, a variant or two and call it a day. You sell out of them and that's it. Create something new. All of this recycling is getting stale.
I can't hear your business advice, I was too busy on top of your mom on a pile of my money.
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:24 am

alexfugazi wrote:
StaggerLee wrote:That's a good point. Still, Just give me a reg, a variant or two and call it a day. You sell out of them and that's it. Create something new. All of this recycling is getting stale.
I can't hear your business advice, I was too busy on top of your mom on a pile of my money.
Yeah, Mom's such a whore when it comes to the men she "spends her time with". She has this uncanny weakness for subpar artists. It gets me down. Always, i'm sayin' "Mom, could you at least find a Delort or a Durieux-hell, a Jay Shaw, even?" But, no-always these off-brand dudes. All i can say is, enjoy that reprint money and dear ol' Mom and thank god none of those 20's and 50's came from me. That would just crush me.
Last edited by StaggerLee on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:54 am

Spoiler alert: Doyle is richer than all those dudes. Even Rick Ross is jelly of his hustle.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:09 am

I've no doubt. He must be a hustler, bar-none. I just can't put him in the same league with those fellows. They're on another level, skill-wise. This is all i have to say on the subject.
jfiks

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:02 am

Admittedly, I was kind of scratching my head as to why there are so many editions of his prints on his website. It would be nice to see just one run, but hey that's the artist's prerogative. Regardless, I love this print and purchased it because I knew it would be an epic print.
theswampyankee
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Just opened it tonight. This print is just too cool. Besides the backstory of the print which is hysterical, the art really impressed me. The Kevin Bacon quote up top brings the whole thing together for me. After seeing this print tonight I'm hoping he does some heavy drinking this weekend, you never know. The $30 price tag on this one was hard to believe.
ghettosafari

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:50 pm

does anyone know the definitive number of these in the AP edition? Hard to believe the regular and Ap are both 160.
T1000
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:08 am

ghettosafari wrote:does anyone know the definitive number of these in the AP edition? Hard to believe the regular and Ap are both 160.
On FB he mentioned in a short comment section 40! I did receive my AP today, so difficult to say, as it only says "AP" and is signed, but NO number.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 am

T1000 wrote:
ghettosafari wrote:does anyone know the definitive number of these in the AP edition? Hard to believe the regular and Ap are both 160.
On FB he mentioned in a short comment section 40! I did receive my AP today, so difficult to say, as it only says "AP" and is signed, but NO number.
Four years from now, when there's 9 different AP editions of this print, you can tell people you have (had?) a copy from the original AP run!