James Jean News and Releases

General art-related discussion.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:24 pm

mfaith wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Liking that one a lot more than the lobster one though. Also, I dig the red.
I mean, the red colorway, i do favor over the original, just from an aesthetic point of view. But red, in general, and especially bold reds like that are hard on your eyes. More likely to cause eye fatigue if you look for long periods. I have a hard time looking at lots of red for too long. So something like this and the last one are a no go for me.
I'm a big fan of really bold colors, so this works for me. It probably would eventually hurt my eyes, but I'm not in the habit of looking at anything on my walls for that length of time straight, so I don't think it would be an issue. It would match my bright red bookshelf unit as well.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:24 pm

mfaith wrote:
jamesjeanart wrote:Duelists. Alternate color way. Ink and Digital, 36 x 36". #duelists #swan #jamesjean

He seems to be digging these bold red backgrounds lately. Kind of hard on the eyes imo.
Also, that's a humongous print. :shock:

Quoting for the new page.

Something like this is definitely a statement piece. With it's enormous size and color it's not really something you can just slap on a wall with a bunch of other pieces. This would steal all the attention. This, in my opinion, needs to be hung on its own as not to distract from other pieces. It would make for a great mantle piece or something similar where it was able to stand on its own.

I like the imagery a lot more than the lobster but if this gets printed i'm not sure if I could spring for this. Framing a 36x36 would be damn expensive and my framing queue is already enormous. As mentioned, it would also require a very niche placement inside your home to be properly pulled off.
Image Image
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:48 pm

I agree with your sentiments, dsanacore. Well said!
tuffghost
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:39 am

Got a little more info about how to get the TMNT print..

So according to GSC support you don't have to buy the TMNT statues direct from their online store. Redemption codes will come inside the package so you can get the statues from any local store or any online shop. :clap:
"Thank you for contacting us.

To answer your question, each statue will come with a redemption code inside the package, no matter where the item is purchased. All codes will be required for the special bonus.

There will be a web site for redemption announced at a later date, along with a deadline for redemption in the future.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Goodsmile Online Customer Support"
boraaa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:57 am

tuffghost wrote:Got a little more info about how to get the TMNT print..

So according to GSC support you don't have to buy the TMNT statues direct from their online store. Redemption codes will come inside the package so you can get the statues from any local store or any online shop. :clap:

To answer your question, each statue will come with a redemption code inside the package, no matter where the item is purchased. All codes will be required for the special bonus.

There will be a web site for redemption announced at a later date, along with a deadline for redemption in the future.

Sincerely,

awesome :) i asked them about the size of the print, hoping for a reply soon.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind the lobster one if it didn't have the lobster part. I.E. If the top half was replaced with something else. The other figures are awesome , to me at least.

Granted I realize one can't just replace part of a composition with something else, as obviously that part was intended. Or else it wouldn't be included 8)
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:02 pm

DeadHand wrote:I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind the lobster one if it didn't have the lobster part. I.E. If the top half was replaced with something else. The other figures are awesome , to me at least.

Granted I realize one can't just replace part of a composition with something else, as obviously that part was intended. Or else it wouldn't be included 8)
I like a lot of the individual pieces there, but it just overall looks too much like one of the sheets you find up in tattoo parlors of "tattoo clip art" for my liking.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:04 pm

I'd probably agree with that statement. The printing teaser put out makes them look nice though .
boraaa
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:58 am

boraaa wrote:
tuffghost wrote:Got a little more info about how to get the TMNT print..

Sincerely,

awesome :) i asked them about the size of the print, hoping for a reply soon.
Size of print is 8 inch x 8 inch
Dario33
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:40 pm

“Flash” is a signed and numbered, limited edition of 1,000 pairs of offset-lithograph prints. It will be available at 8:00 AM PST on Thursday, January 15th. Each set comes with a booklet of temporary tattoos published by Chronicle Books featuring imagery from the prints.

Print size: 24″ tall × 16″ wide each
Two embossed, gold foil chops
Solid spot 5th color background
High-gloss UV spot varnish over full color images
Included booklet of temporary tattoos published by Chronicle Books
Signed and numbered by James Jean
Slated for release on January 15th, 2015
Price: $100
bone811
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:46 pm

He is trying to make back all his coin he lost in his divorce in 6 months! Cool print, but like the last two a lot more. Great price!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Lithograph. :?
So it goes...
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:08 pm

I like the gold foil chops!
jeffzilla
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Dario33 wrote:
“Flash” is a signed and numbered, limited edition of 1,000 pairs of offset-lithograph prints. It will be available at 8:00 AM PST on Thursday, January 15th. Each set comes with a booklet of temporary tattoos published by Chronicle Books featuring imagery from the prints.

Print size: 24″ tall × 16″ wide each
Two embossed, gold foil chops
Solid spot 5th color background
High-gloss UV spot varnish over full color images
Included booklet of temporary tattoos published by Chronicle Books
Signed and numbered by James Jean
Slated for release on January 15th, 2015
Price: $100
Price isn't bad for 2 prints and I like the size. No chance either of these make the wall, but I might get use out of those temporary tattoos (which you can buy on Amazon for $12)
On the fence on this one
Tetsuojin
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Nice designs as always, but printed as offset lithos??? :( That's basically just buying a regular mass produced printed book or magazine, but on better paper. Gonna pass on this one for sure.