Primus Dallas 14 Welker Release Discussion 11/19/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:Just because I scored, it doesn't mean I'm going to like the system no matter what... It was luck. I think it only helps the credibility of my argument that I scored and I still don't think the system works as efficiently/effectively as it could. Clearly not just sour grapes... I'm actually trying to help the people that didn't score but did everything right...

If it makes you feel any better though, i really wanted the foil and got the line art.

I mostly just feel bad about lowering myself to the standards of this game... but if that's what I gotta do...

dutchflowers wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:And just for full disclosure (and so you all don't think i'm a total computer idiot) - I did snag a line art print from today. It was well after the initial drop, but i still felt strongly enough about the system being flawed to advocate for a change. it's not just about me winning, but i would like an improved system (or at least to understand why it can't be improved)
Wait.. so you got a print but you're still complaining about the system?! You know lot's of people got shut out completely. Seems weird to hate on a system to which you scored from...
I've been in the print and poster game for only 2 years now. I try to get a "BIG" drop one that sells out the second it goes up, at least 1 a week on average and in those two years I've only managed to score twice. I've had about 10 lotteries in those two years and got three prints. Do the the math on that.
Lotteries are the fairest way to go period!

What it really comes down to is how much you really care about getting a print and the work you will put in to have the best chance. If you are just trying to score a print once in a while and don't want to use autofill type helps, then I'm afraid ebay really will be your best bet. Because the poster drop game across the board has gotten crazy with demand vs. supply in the past few years and no one artist or gallery has found the best solution for online drops that work for everyone. It's just the nature of the beast.

But if you want to succeed on more drops and such, you have to harness the help you can find.. because limited paper is just that and someone else will just scoop it from you if you don't.
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:12 pm

dropdoctor wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:Autofill features, to me, sounds like bot-juniors.

Ding ding ding! I was told threads/discussion about bots is not allowed on here. Where is the line drawn?
I was joking, Not really serious
fredo
Art God

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 pm

haven wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:Just because I scored, it doesn't mean I'm going to like the system no matter what... It was luck.
Just as it is for almost everyone else. There are ways to be prepared, but in the end, a great deal of it comes down to luck.

Yup. And there is no system, just a store and a billion people squeezing in at once.
just a foil for me today, thanks
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:52 pm

If anyone is ISO this print, I'd really appreciate it if you took this into consideration. A good cause for a good girl.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=148985
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:18 pm

bombaguy wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:Just because I scored, it doesn't mean I'm going to like the system no matter what... It was luck. I think it only helps the credibility of my argument that I scored and I still don't think the system works as efficiently/effectively as it could. Clearly not just sour grapes... I'm actually trying to help the people that didn't score but did everything right...

If it makes you feel any better though, i really wanted the foil and got the line art.

I mostly just feel bad about lowering myself to the standards of this game... but if that's what I gotta do...

dutchflowers wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:And just for full disclosure (and so you all don't think i'm a total computer idiot) - I did snag a line art print from today. It was well after the initial drop, but i still felt strongly enough about the system being flawed to advocate for a change. it's not just about me winning, but i would like an improved system (or at least to understand why it can't be improved)
Wait.. so you got a print but you're still complaining about the system?! You know lot's of people got shut out completely. Seems weird to hate on a system to which you scored from...
I've been in the print and poster game for only 2 years now. I try to get a "BIG" drop one that sells out the second it goes up, at least 1 a week on average and in those two years I've only managed to score twice. I've had about 10 lotteries in those two years and got three prints. Do the the math on that.
Lotteries are the fairest way to go period!

What it really comes down to is how much you really care about getting a print and the work you will put in to have the best chance. If you are just trying to score a print once in a while and don't want to use autofill type helps, then I'm afraid ebay really will be your best bet. Because the poster drop game across the board has gotten crazy with demand vs. supply in the past few years and no one artist or gallery has found the best solution for online drops that work for everyone. It's just the nature of the beast.

But if you want to succeed on more drops and such, you have to harness the help you can find.. because limited paper is just that and someone else will just scoop it from you if you don't.
If your drop skills are anything like your quoting skills, I think I know why... :P I didn't write that stuff in bold. :lol:
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:25 pm

I got my Foil and Line Art in earlier this week, as well as a Welker logo handbill. The foil, as expected, is amazing... but the Line Art version was much more than I expected! I had no idea of the metallics that would be there and it's really more than a line art print to me. Great job David! Love them both!
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:44 am

dutchflowers wrote: If your drop skills are anything like your quoting skills, I think I know why... :P I didn't write that stuff in bold. :lol:

that's not my quote you're quoting...
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:
dutchflowers wrote: If your drop skills are anything like your quoting skills, I think I know why... :P I didn't write that stuff in bold. :lol:

that's not my quote you're quoting...
I know... Bombaguy butchered the quoting.