Welker Studio Updates

General art-related discussion.
uenjoymyself
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 pm

alittle wrote:
acidburn wrote:it's the same for all shopify accounts and the way the carting system was developed by shopify.
Not really.
what he said. contact me if you want the name of someone that can set up a bot killing shopify account
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 pm

acidburn wrote: A lot of ppl know me on here for a bit and I try to be as open and honest as possible.
:pint:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
andokah
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:26 pm

acidburn wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:Right! If there's no inventory, then you shouldn't be able to add it to your cart in the first place. Just carting it doesn't guarantee you anything (which is what the site dictates).

But going through checkout and getting to paypal and pressing pay then saying "sold out" is what pisses me off. Once you get into checkout, it should be yours.
I honestly advise not to go through paypal. It seems thats the main complaint im seeing.

Try using the other checkout function next time around? Maybe thatll help?

Also, there is no option, it's the same for all shopify accounts and the way the carting system was developed by shopify. We have no ability to change it or choose "carting options"
What other checkout function are you referring to? I think it takes longer to enter CC number than paypal password....How did those that scored today checkout? I managed to get the line art through paypal....foil got cart jacked though and I was pretty fast.
maddog76
Flipper

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:32 pm

uenjoymyself wrote:
alittle wrote:
acidburn wrote:it's the same for all shopify accounts and the way the carting system was developed by shopify.
Not really.
what he said. contact me if you want the name of someone that can set up a bot killing shopify account
I can. You click the link, takes to a page which has several links and the page instructs you to "Click on the link labeled "XYZ" to purchase the Welker foil.

Bots wouldn't know what to click since the link to buy would not say the name of the print.

Granted this would be insane for regular sales, but sales that sell out in seconds would work.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm

alittle wrote:
Not really.
Based on the other boutiques, yes really.

You can optimize the actual site to how you want it but the checkout process is the same.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Not really.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:50 pm

alittle wrote:Not really.
you win
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 pm

I know.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 pm

as everyone knows, i like to look into every complaint.

Last drops complaint was the advertisement of the sets and the welker page not showing the poster - fixed both of those by not having a set this time around and disabling the welker page so its only on the front page.

This drops complaint was the checkout - we looked into it yesterday and a few complaints were in regards to checking out with the paypal button when you click add to cart.

1) We think that when you hit the paypal button, it adds the item back to cart while you're checking out so once you come back its gone.

Solution will be removing this button so that you can use paypal when check out. Even if you look at the button itself, it just looks like an addon. Its not necessary.

2) People mentioned they were losing it in checkout? This part I wasn't sure about because Im stupid, I said we couldn't test it without the traffic but we basically can.

We put an item in our stock to "1" and all 3 of us went for it on different computers. The item was safe in our checkout for what seemed like 3 minutes. Thats not an exact number so dont quote me on that. Going to ask shopify.

But the item is safe in checkout. If anyone wants to test it out with me just for fun and they're bored at work pm me. Im waiting for a tube order. Its cold. And lonely.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:28 pm

acidburn wrote:as everyone knows, i like to look into every complaint.

Last drops complaint was the advertisement of the sets and the welker page not showing the poster - fixed both of those by not having a set this time around and disabling the welker page so its only on the front page.

This drops complaint was the checkout - we looked into it yesterday and a few complaints were in regards to checking out with the paypal button when you click add to cart.

1) We think that when you hit the paypal button, it adds the item back to cart while you're checking out so once you come back its gone.

Solution will be removing this button so that you can use paypal when check out. Even if you look at the button itself, it just looks like an addon. Its not necessary.

2) People mentioned they were losing it in checkout? This part I wasn't sure about because Im stupid, I said we couldn't test it without the traffic but we basically can.

We put an item in our stock to "1" and all 3 of us went for it on different computers. The item was safe in our checkout for what seemed like 3 minutes. Thats not an exact number so dont quote me on that. Going to ask shopify.

But the item is safe in checkout. If anyone wants to test it out with me just for fun and they're bored at work pm me. Im waiting for a tube order. Its cold. And lonely.
I'll come by and pick up my print and chat for a bit :)

Just waiting for zoltron to drop :P
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:30 pm

mlwells04 wrote:

ha nah we are getting them on Monday.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:31 pm

acidburn wrote:
mlwells04 wrote:

ha nah we are getting them on Monday.
Booo
swabie2424
Art Expert

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:43 pm

I got one in my cart and got through part of checkout (customer info page) and then lost it somehow. Not sure how that's possible but I did. Scouts honor. No biggie. Win some and lose some.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
brewdog123
Art Expert

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:47 pm

swabie2424 wrote:I got one in my cart and got through part of checkout (customer info page) and then lost it somehow. Not sure how that's possible but I did. Scouts honor. No biggie. Win some and lose some.
Also
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:55 pm

swabie2424 wrote:I got one in my cart and got through part of checkout (customer info page) and then lost it somehow. Not sure how that's possible but I did. Scouts honor. No biggie. Win some and lose some.
you hit the big checkout button or the small checkout with paypal button?