Primus Dallas 14 Welker Release Discussion 11/19/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:10 pm

missed on the foil...bummer
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:15 pm

mlwells04 wrote:Finally scored my first Bottleneck Welker drop! +1 foil

Solid gif.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:15 pm

I went for the line art since most people were going for the foil. Still going to look badass either way
Image THC x 3
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Foil was sold out before I even saw it at 1:01 EST. Had the line art in my cart and had to adjust my billing address, and by the time i did that it was gone again.

i hate this bottleneck bullshit. I don't understand how it can be "sold out" and then be available again. Directions say even if it's in your cart, it doesn't guarantee you a poster. So if they're sold out, then you shouldn't be able to cart one 11 min later even if prints are in other people's carts trying to check out. It's messed up. Either they're sold out or they're not. Releasing one from your cart should have nothing to do with the inventory if you're not guaranteed one when carted. Just sayin'
triporfreak
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm disappointed, too. the carting system is awkward & that foil was gone as soon as it was up......
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:19 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:Foil was sold out before I even saw it at 1:01 EST. Had the line art in my cart and had to adjust my billing address, and by the time i did that it was gone again.

i hate this bottleneck bullshit. I don't understand how it can be "sold out" and then be available again. Directions say even if it's in your cart, it doesn't guarantee you a poster. So if they're sold out, then you shouldn't be able to cart one 11 min later even if prints are in other people's carts trying to check out. It's messed up. Either they're sold out or they're not. Releasing one from your cart should have nothing to do with the inventory if you're not guaranteed one when carted. Just sayin'
It's Shopify's carting system, not Bottleneck's fault. The same situation happened for the Mondo LotR drop. FotR were shown SOLD OUT right away once you click checkout. A few minutes later I was able to purchase the FotR.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 pm

MrSubjective wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:Foil was sold out before I even saw it at 1:01 EST. Had the line art in my cart and had to adjust my billing address, and by the time i did that it was gone again.

It's Shopify's carting system, not Bottleneck's fault. The same situation happened for the Mondo LotR drop. FotR were shown SOLD OUT right away once you click checkout. A few minutes later I was able to purchase the FotR.

I'm sure a few people bot it.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:29 pm

MrSubjective wrote:

regardless, the system is drymounted
andokah
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:29 pm

I carted the foil then went back and carted line art. Upon checkout the foil had been jacked but I was able to checkout with line art....Was anyone fast enough to get both? I must have missed it by a millisecond paypal time was 10:01:46PST....should have been fast enough??....Cheers to everyone who scored!! Well Done!! :clap:
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Their system is fine. I missed the drop but I know what I did wrong.
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

mlwells04 wrote:
well yay!
andokah
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:31 pm

What went wrong?
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote: regardless, the system is drymounted
Just cause you missed out, the system is drymounted? lol
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:40 pm

+1 Foil & Lineart :pint:

I was fast with the foil but not DROPBOT fast so there was a chance for us mortals to grab one. It probably lasted @2mins.

I thought Bottleneck's system was fantastic and although I scored today, this is my first Welker score from Bottleneck after failing everytime in the past. It's not their systems fault... it's much smoother than most shops out there IMO
Last edited by dutchflowers on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:41 pm

MrSubjective wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote: regardless, the system is drymounted
Just cause you missed out, the system is drymounted? lol
no, in theory, you shouldn't be able to cart something that's sold out if carting said item doesn't guarantee purchase. that doesn't make sense, logically.