Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 14 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:48 pm

This person is aware of and can post on EB...and is aware of Mondo's twitter...but not of anything else regarding this release.

I'd like to believe I'm reasonably patient with newbies, but not being able to google Horkey Fellowship is, forgive me, a bit dubious. But whatevs, if THAT is what makes me an ass (as opposed to all my other asinine qualities)...

To return back on topic - this print looks cool. Will probably look cooler in person. Can't wait for the inks/paper deets to be released.
Last edited by jkw3000 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
celestians
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 pm

actariq2 wrote:What's the website? Or do I have follow the twitter account to find out
http://tinyurl.com/ojto43v

Good luck kiddo. :lol:
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 pm

jkw3000 wrote: Can't wait for the inks/paper deets to be released.
Yep, sort of expecting to wake up to a new megafauna blog post with all that info.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Gandalf met the Polish Remover of Nail!
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:15 pm

I just might be lucky enough to land my first Horkey on a drop. I am lucky to have a day off from work tomorrow. I also would love to get the Delorts and Taylor as well but i Know that will be impossible to check out with all in cart so I'm going to be up all night planning a strategy.
Brian2013
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:36 pm

lol i missed last years drop due to server issues, I expect the same this year:) I don't have a platinum Mondo Bot:(
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
furycat
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Gandlaf vs balrog print is overuse.... but ths print is fantastic so sad its 100$....i will stick with my mark lone print.
silo
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

Bit disappointing as a close to the trilogy. There's a large portion of the print where it's difficult to see what's going on. Could be the jpeg but otherwise a bit underwhelming.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

Underwhelming is the complete opposite of this.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:36 am

furycat wrote:Gandlaf vs balrog print is overuse.... but ths print is fantastic so sad its 100$....i will stick with my mark lone print.
If you think $100 is a lot, you haven't been in this hobby very long.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:47 am

silo wrote:Bit disappointing as a close to the trilogy. There's a large portion of the print where it's difficult to see what's going on. Could be the jpeg but otherwise a bit underwhelming.
jpegs usually don't do Horkey's prints justice. I thought TT was too busy when I first saw the jpeg, then was able to see large close-ups and was convinced
Image THC x 3
silo
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:38 am

Ok I'll reserve judgement. May have been a little hasty then.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 am

snowrs wrote:
xbrc wrote:
snowrs wrote:What happened to the helpful community that got me into Horkey? 4-5 snarky replies before a helpful one to a new guy with 13 posts?
It's because it's this easy to find the answer.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mondo
And why would you assume that he knew its a mondo drop?
This cant be a serious question.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:16 am

I actually really like the color differences between the regular and variant. The regular has lighter/brighter colors, and when I look at it, my eyes are immediately drawn to Gandalf, his staff, and the moth. On the other hand, the subdued/darker colors of the variant really bring out the flame whip, Barlog's eyes, and the spider. That being said, it seems like the regular sides with the good side, the victory that we cheer quietly when hearing Gandalf say "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"; while, the variant sides foreshadows Barlog's last moment of vengeance, the stinger that we feel when Gandalf gets nabbed.

I think Aaron did a fantastic job with the trilogy. FOTR and ROTK foil each other with the good vs evil imagery. TT captures the brief feelings of peacefulness and grandeur that Tolkein and Jackson intertwined with the battle sequences. It would be cool to see Aaron do a Hobbit piece with Smaug, but that's probably a dream for a future MMM.
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:52 am

Looks like I'm playing 'Refresh Psycho' at Starbucks again tomorrow morning.
Wish I wasn't such a flip newbie....curious whether the variant or regular will be better for flips or trades. Are there any cases when the variant version is not more popular? It seems like variants are always more popular/'worth' more.

I agree with a few of the above posts:

1) Which website? Newbie or oldie no matter--the year is 2014. I know three year olds that can use the magic google machine to find such an easy answer to such an easy question.
2) And, yes....$100 is not very expensive in this hobby--especially when it comes to Horkey.