karza wrote:Image

YOU SHALL NOT SCORE! NOW GO BACK TO YOUR MOTHER'S BASEMENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:24 pm

stebila25 wrote:I'm so glad I own ROTK.
yerp. i can't imagine how much the price for the sets will be.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
crkohler
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Amazing work to finish off the series.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Looking forward to settling in tomorrow with a strong coffee, an anticipation for much shenanigans, mis-information, panic, pleading and self entitlement. :pint:

Figured this old post may help some over the Christmas period: 8)
rubberneck wrote:
Emotional Stages of a Failed Drop:

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the failed drop with disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. You will stare at the PC screen and refresh the page in the hope it is a technical glitch!
2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.
You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do before the drop. Use the toilet earlier, wear nappies, have three screens running, install C4C. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the failed drop on someone else. You will hit the relevant forums with vitriol and childish whinings. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your online relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion. You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain for the print at face with fellow ebeaners for a way out of your despair.
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your online friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning ebeaners. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.
During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, how much its selling for on Ebay and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, avoid the particular thread, reflect on how you would have framed it/flipped it, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without the print, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your print. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without it. You will set up an ISO and see if other online shops are offering it at near face.
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE- During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this failed drop. But you will find a way forward. You will turn to fellow forum members for help in tracking down your ISO and even to Ebay where reasonable prices are offered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 pm

zefarrett wrote:ISO Horkey Harry Potter. Now that's a real mans movie.
:rolling:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 pm

:notworthy:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:51 pm

rubberneck wrote:Looking forward to settling in tomorrow with a strong coffee, an anticipation for much shenanigans, mis-information, panic, pleading and self entitlement. :pint:

rubberneck wrote:

This needs amended.

3a. Ragebuy
I Heart Haddonfield.
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Wockenfuss wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Looking forward to settling in tomorrow with a strong coffee, an anticipation for much shenanigans, mis-information, panic, pleading and self entitlement. :pint:

rubberneck wrote:

This needs amended.

3a. Ragebuy
:clap:
Particle
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Ever occur to any of you guys that you don't NEEEEEED to complete the set?
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Particle wrote:Ever occur to any of you guys that you don't NEEEEEED to complete the set?
But then everyone on here will think I'm the coolest...? Right?
A Lannister always pays his debts.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 pm

RN. :clap:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Particle wrote:Ever occur to any of you guys that you don't NEEEEEED to complete the set?
If you want to go there, we don't actually NEEEEED any prints.
Particle
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:05 pm

That's crazy
nsd
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:06 pm

not entirely sure what I am looking at in that Horkey
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Wow, what a print. That Horkey is mind-blowing.

There was a lot of speculation for non-Balrog scenes, but this composition makes the most sense. It's arguably the most famous scene from the film and it also plays to Horkey's strengths as an artist. The billowing smoke, the texture on the horns, the plummeting orientation of the figures (similar to what we saw in ROTK)...hindsight being 20/20 this choice was pretty obvious. I agree that the colours compete with ROTK and that something Green might have worked out better colour-wise, but I couldn't be happier. Wow.

I kind of wanted to collect the variants too, but that ROTK variant is going to skyrocket yet again, probably past a point where it's reasonable for me to drop that much money on it. But that also makes me wonder how many people will be selling entire sets of either the regular or the variant at escalated prices given the rarity of the ROTK posters in relation to FOTR/TT. I mean, the perceived value of the ROTK might go up just from more of them being sold with sets vs. individually, since the individuals will be scarcer.