Star Wars Trilogy 14 Aseo

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 pm

nevadinova wrote:So many great commissions lately...this is not one of them.
Awesome contribution to the discussion! Can't wait to hear why! :roll:
nevadinova wrote:In my opinion, that is.
What else would it be?
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Doesn't look like Han Solo is liking the type of Force Obi Wan is using in A New Hope.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:49 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Doesn't look like Han Solo is liking the type of Force Obi Wan is using in A New Hope.

Stout's Han Solo leaves something to be desired as well.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:04 pm

ToonKiller wrote:Doesn't look like Han Solo is liking the type of Force Obi Wan is using in A New Hope.
Yeah, that expression was an odd choice. So was Luke's floating stance and Leia's George Michael beard in Jedi.

automator
Nobody

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:08 pm

New image Empire Strikes Back Empire Strikes Back

automator
Nobody

New image Return of the Jedi Return of the Jedi

automator
Nobody

New image Star Wars A New Hope Star Wars

Nintenjoe
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:13 am

thisisjosh wrote:
Yeah, that expression was an odd choice. So was Luke's floating stance and Leia's George Michael beard in Jedi.

Lol. Can't unsee that now.
MoviePosterEmpire

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:38 am

Vince did a great job with Harrison. He seems to be the most difficult actor for artists to nail down for likenesses.
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:57 am

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Vince did a great job with Harrison. He seems to be the most difficult actor for artists to nail down for likenesses.
very true, I have never seen a great Ford likeness other than those that just chuck a few filters on an actual photo - and even they dont really seem to look like him for some reason.
yingko
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:22 pm

One of the things that bothers me about this set is the Han on the Jedi poster is a pose and publicity still from ANH, and the one on ANH is from Jedi. The commission group had a group of experts, allegedly, for QC stuff and to ensure everything was spot on. This transposition of Han's is a "cannot unsee" thing for me. It also seems like the characters are all pushed towards the middle and a lot of wasted space around those images. Oh, well, as long as the group was happy with it.
MoviePosterEmpire

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:28 pm

yingko wrote:One of the things that bothers me about this set is the Han on the Jedi poster is a pose and publicity still from ANH, and the one on ANH is from Jedi. The commission group had a group of experts, allegedly, for QC stuff and to ensure everything was spot on. This transposition of Han's is a "cannot unsee" thing for me. It also seems like the characters are all pushed towards the middle and a lot of wasted space around those images. Oh, well, as long as the group was happy with it.

It was determined that he's in the same clothes and neither reference image is in the movie so it doesn't matter. For all intents and purposes they're random poses for Han that have no direct connection with any of the three movies.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:55 pm

I feel like certain figures work really well with his style, others not so much. Tarkin and unmasked Vader look great in the jpegs. IMO excellent. Everyone else doesn't do much for me. I don't think the compositions are bad, the figure renditions are the main thing that bug me. Like they have a certain flatness/vectorized look that doesn't seem fully embraced- works a bit better for the more cartoon-y looking characters.

That siad he did get the likenesses down well, just feels like there is a lack of synergy or something. Can't quite place it. That said I'm curious to see how he evolves in the future.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 am

I very much do not like seeing unmasked Vader on posters.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:07 am

thisisjosh wrote:I very much do not like seeing unmasked Vader on posters.
You don't say too many positive things on these boards do you?