Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:42 pm

OddCity wrote:For those concerned about local pick-up, we have a sectioned off an area and heavy-duty Mylar bags on hand for you. We will also refund your shipping.

Thank you so much for all of the enthusiasm and support on this release. :pint:
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:46 pm

cmon, I set this thread up for a good danger zone reference and nothing. So disappointing.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:55 pm

35mmpaul wrote: Roman doesn't have to sit here and give us an answer to every single question.

But damn, if you get a question about the status of a print. A situation that OCE themselves has said they want to improve upon. And you choose to answer it, maybe not respond with such a blasé attitude.

All that had to be said was "Hey still on schedule for getting them in next week and shipping them out soon after"

I genuinely think its great that they have the print in hand for this one and are shipping it out the next day. Which is WAY better than most of the places that sell fancy paper. But maybe people will stop trolling when you stop giving them stuff to troll about.
I will address this before I sign off for the weekend, because it is legitimate. We have stepped up our communication, but I have intentionally tried not clutter the boards with redundant information unless there is a change in plans. I personally hate redundancy, but at the same time, I do want to keep you guys happy. My sincerest apologies if I have missed on that point. I am trying to find the balance here.

I also sincerely apologize if I sound blasé. Again, it is for the same reason. I do not want to clutter the boards when there has been no change in status. I want to keep answers short since the answer is sitting in the thread. This is more a place for you than me, although I do appreciate the forum. I want to keep you posted, but I do not want to keep stating the point everyday to where it becomes silly.

I will step it up a little bit more since it seems that this is what you, as a forum, want. When it becomes too much, I will back off and maybe I will have found my balance point.

Also, thank you to Laurent, Jack and SP Productions for being absolutely fantastic to work with thus far on The Godfather. True professionals. The same with Gabz and D&L. Always dependable.

Until then, thank you for your warm responses to the last couple of releases. I can not wait till some of you guys see the Top Gun prints on Tuesday and The Godfather soon after!!! :pint:
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:58 pm

RomanMorales wrote:We have stepped up our communication, but I have intentionally tried not clutter the boards with redundant information unless there is a change in plans. I personally hate redundancy, but at the same time, I do want to keep you guys happy. My sincerest apologies if I have missed on that point. I am trying to find the balance here.

I also sincerely apologize if I sound blasé. Again, it is for the same reason. I do not want to clutter the boards when there has been no change in status. I want to keep answers short since the answer is sitting in the thread. This is more a place for you than me, although I do appreciate the forum. I want to keep you posted, but I do not want to keep stating the point everyday to where it becomes silly.
Appreciate that you addressed it.

As a tangent from this, it's the forums - the amount of redundancy needed because of either newbies or people who don't frequent as much/can't be bothered to check older pages is kind of hilarious. :P
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm

I remember when this was a community.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:24 pm

mike123230 wrote:I remember when this was a community.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jjdungca
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:35 pm

finneganm wrote:Foil!
Planes!
Explosions!
Top Gun!
Foil!
Planes!

Can't wait to see the frame-ups.
AGREED! and you forgot to add GABZ!

The only issue I have now is which version should I go for? Leaning towards "Sunset".
ImageImageImage
kryptonite
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Congrats on the release, Roman. Looking forward to seeing what else OCE puts out.

It's good that you're trying to remedy some of the issues that have brought down OCE. Continue to do so, stay honest & transparent and if you're consistent for long enough, this will blow over.

It's a small community - every interaction matters, especially those with no words. Shipping Top Gun next day is a step in the right direction.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:26 am

jeter0204 wrote:
TKuczynski wrote:I didn't think anyone would bitch about the pickup, yet there you go. Amazing how small your balls are dude.
Pretty sure I wasn't bitching at all, just making a statement. I couldn't care less about a pick up, just pointing out that a Bar during happy hour is funny to me. I've seen how some of you monkey's handle paper I can only imagine what that would be like with alcohol involved.
jeter, you act more and more like an asshole more and more often. Not sure if you feel the need to break down others to feel better about the comissions you've done or will do? It's weird.

And billy, why do you have such a passive-aggressive hard-on for Roman and OCE? Is it your affiliations with Mondo that force you to be the official OCE ombudsman? I know you're not a sub-holder; have you ever even bought a print from OCE? You and jeter love to toe the "I don't have a dog in this race but..." line. It's very unlike you as you are officially the nicest guy on EB. :D

As far as this Top Gun print - other than the official logo it is pretty generic and the use of foil doesn't put it over the top for me. I'm just hoping that Stout's comment regarding Meg Ryan means he will be doing a TG print for OCE as they clearly have the license.

Also great to see OCE selling a print that is in hand! :clap: Things are looking up, good on ya Roman.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:09 am

Has nothing to do with Mondo.

My posts in here have primarily contained requests and suggestions for Roman, to try to help things moving forward. Due to others posting more abrasive things, maybe my posts have been taken a bit more harshly than intended.

My status request of Godfather wasn't a troll. I was genuinely curious, with Laurent posting images. My request was intended as a nudge that it'd be good to update buyers, as a whole, for those that do not follow Laurent on Facebook.

I'll bow out of the thread though, if only to ensure I don't continue to be paired alongside jeter ( :P ). Good luck to Roman, sub holders, or returning customers, with future releases.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:16 am

Okay Billy.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:19 am

He'll be back.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RockNRoLLa
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:26 am

Kramerica wrote:Did everybody who bought this print have the blinders on beforehand? WTF did you all expect from oddcity? It's like everyone just wanted a reason to come in here and bitch some more.
Seriously..

I've been screwed by OCE as much as anyone in here.. But they made arrangements to make up for it, and guess what.. I still got my prints. If you don't like the business, cool.. Stay away and don't buy their stuff. If you do, stay and let's talk about the art.

Ps billy you're drymounting annoying. It's tiring.....
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:27 am

Whatever is keeping you up on a Friday night posting at 3:30 in the morning might actually be what's tiring for you.
That's what she said