THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
egrimens
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
mfaith wrote:I thought you picked up Black Lake. You passed on it?
No, TBH it's simply too morbid for my tastes. One of the few Horkey images I just really don't care for (and that has nothing to do with the excellent craftsmanship of the piece).
This is exactly the reason I passed, I showed it to my fiance and she said you're not really gonna hang that in the house are you?
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:48 pm

robbo wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
No, TBH it's simply too morbid for my tastes. One of the few Horkey images I just really don't care for (and that has nothing to do with the excellent craftsmanship of the piece).
If you put a dot on the bird's eye, it won't be morbid anymore. Whenever I get designs from some artists, I sometimes delete the pupil to make stuff look dead or evil.
The image and the thought of encountering something similar in real life just kinda makes me a bit uneasy. It's great work and I certainly am not looking to turn anyone off to it, it's just not for me.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:48 pm

robbo wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
If you put a dot on the bird's eye, it won't be morbid anymore. Whenever I get designs from some artists, I sometimes delete the pupil to make stuff look dead or evil.
mattlew69 wrote: I just add my own googly eyes to all of Horkey's owls....and now to Black Lake.

xjmjx
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 pm

As an elementary art teacher, I drymounting love the fudge out of you for that mattlew! :rolling:
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Mattlew69's avatar! :lol: :lol: :lol:
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:23 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:Hi. I am wondering if there is any examples of Aaron's Croatoan framed? I was super lucky and bought one thru vacuum and I am curious how people are framing theirs. Thanks in advance. Max
I dropped mine off last week, hopefully getting in a week and I'll post.
Image THC x 3
blingaling
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm totally waiting to see what everyone else did before I frame mine. Going to stray from my standard "thick black frame" for this one.
ImageImageImageImage
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:40 pm

blingaling wrote:Going to stray from my standard "thick black frame" for this one.
TWSS
blingaling
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:47 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
blingaling wrote:Going to stray from my standard "thick black frame" for this one.
TWSS
Honkhonk!
jjbehren wrote:
blingaling wrote:Hope i get some black tube action when i get home this evening. My wife may be sitting on it already hoping to surprise me. Not a big secret that it's coming though.
This whole post belongs on a cuckolding forum.

PS - very excited to see this.
Something about this thread just does it for me.
ImageImageImageImage
robbo
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:16 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
robbo wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
mattlew69 wrote: I just add my own googly eyes to all of Horkey's owls....and now to Black Lake.

Hahahaha. This made my day.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:01 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
MaxCollinsII wrote:Hi. I am wondering if there is any examples of Aaron's Croatoan framed? I was super lucky and bought one thru vacuum and I am curious how people are framing theirs. Thanks in advance. Max
I think there was one posted in the framed Horkey thread recently. I should have mine framed and ready to share by the end of the year or very early in the new year.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=4890
Thank You
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:11 pm

dropdoctor wrote:
Scottjohnston wrote:Mattlew69's avatar! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :drool: :notworthy: :pint:
I have to tip my hat to RottenAtom for that one!!! :notworthy:
SPICOLEI
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 pm

aznpunkyu wrote:
I dropped mine off last week, hopefully getting in a week and I'll post.
What matting/frame are you going with? I have a framing appointment coming up and I'm having a hard time deciding on an idea.
Last edited by SPICOLEI on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:36 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:Aaron has now "sweetened the pot" on the only 2 prints I've chosen not to buy from him over the past 2 years, doh!
What's the other one?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Xander
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:45 am

The Eryops Rose box set?