Pulp Fiction 14 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:08 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Pulp Fiction 14 Welker

macc5
EB Team

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:08 pm

bam! the man is in an insane zone! :pint: :notworthy: :D
downtown
Art Expert

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Line Art

Seps layer 4

bkboy77
Art Expert

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:44 pm

This is so beautiful and well executed. And done classic Welker style. Love it!
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05 am

One of my favorite movies and I love Welker but I dont dig the execution. My eye was first drawn to the blueberry pancake girl, she looks off compared to the rest and should be in a corner. The car takes up such a large portion of the print, but at the same time is barely noticeable. I do enjoy seeing Vincent Vega on the can.
harpua487

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:56 am

Where can i buy one??
downtown
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 am

mademehmmm wrote:One of my favorite movies and I love Welker but I dont dig the execution. My eye was first drawn to the blueberry pancake girl, she looks off compared to the rest and should be in a corner. The car takes up such a large portion of the print, but at the same time is barely noticeable. I do enjoy seeing Vincent Vega on the can.
The blueberry pancake girl is part of a narrative sequence that tells the story of the watch. If she were in a corner her placement would be arbitrary. Personally I like how the car compositions add scenography, cinematic effect and motion. It's a refreshing departure from montages based on character screen time. I get the warm fuzzies from this poster. I love it & yes I am biased.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:37 am

mademehmmm wrote:One of my favorite movies and I love Welker but I dont dig the execution. My eye was first drawn to the blueberry pancake girl, she looks off compared to the rest and should be in a corner. The car takes up such a large portion of the print, but at the same time is barely noticeable. I do enjoy seeing Vincent Vega on the can.
It feels a little too cluttered, the car smack in the middle breaks up the flow a bit too much. Vega on the can is a nice touch, pretty funny.

Don't think it's a matter of artist preference, just a matter of execution.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
automator
Nobody

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:42 am

New image Line Art

automator
Nobody

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:42 am

New image regular edition

shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:58 am

The slaying continues....... Bravo David! Bravo! :drool:
Image Image Image
downtown
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:01 am

FrankBooth wrote: The car smack in the middle breaks up the flow a bit too much. Vega on the can is a nice touch, pretty funny.
I think when artists consider a montage they have to balance the composition with a combination of narrative significance and visual flow and it's certainly not an easy task. My feeling is that aside from adding an extra narrative, Vincent's car racing to get Mia a shot of adrenaline in the heart purposely breaks up what would be the clutter of just another "big head" montage and adds both cinematic effect and deep space. I'm sure jpegs don't do this piece enough justice. I've seen the original ink but I'm looking forward to seeing the screen prints in person.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:54 am

I really like this PF. Hope I can get my hands on one.
ImageImageImage
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:15 pm

downtown wrote:
The blueberry pancake girl is part of a narrative sequence that tells the story of the watch. If she were in a corner her placement would be arbitrary. Personally I like how the car compositions add scenography, cinematic effect and motion. It's a refreshing departure from montages based on character screen time. I get the warm fuzzies from this poster. I love it & yes I am biased.
Zed's dead scene is classic but her role could have easily been replaced with *Butch left his watch behind* He could have still smashed a hotel rooom tv, gone to his apartment kill vega, save wallace from turning into a gim p and himself without her in the story, just another annoying girl that looked good in panties.
dkast85
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 pm

I wonder what the over/under on the market price will be for this guy?

I say it averages around 250 area.