Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:04 am

bulkhead72 wrote:With the last Hobbit film less than a month away, any guesses when we can expect teases for FotR?

I believe TT images were teased a couple of weeks prior to the Hobbit's release, right?
Hey! Good to run into you again.

I wasn't aware that there were teases for TT, but that's good to know. And when it does drop, I assume it will be distributed through Mondo? So basically just keep an eye on this site and Mondo to best prepare for the forthcoming release?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:05 am

Thalass wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:With the last Hobbit film less than a month away, any guesses when we can expect teases for FotR?

I believe TT images were teased a couple of weeks prior to the Hobbit's release, right?
Hey! Good to run into you again.

I wasn't aware that there were teases for TT, but that's good to know. And when it does drop, I assume it will be distributed through Mondo? So basically just keep an eye on this site and Mondo to best prepare for the forthcoming release?
Indeed :)
So it goes...
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:33 am

What a damn fine illustration for a gig poster.

Genghis Tron working sketch (detail), pencil and white-out on multiple scraps of paper, cut out and assembled with scotch tape, 2008.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 am

ajharrington321 wrote:I'm loving those sigs boys
Feel free to use it if you want. I slapped it together in photoshop yesterday morning.

http://i60.tinypic.com/qs71w1.jpg
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:51 am

ceevee wrote:What a damn fine illustration for a gig poster.

Genghis Tron working sketch (detail), pencil and white-out on multiple scraps of paper, cut out and assembled with scotch tape, 2008.
Anyone have a "before" pic of what's under the paper?
snowrs
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 pm

In discussions with somebody about trying to get a RotK, I realized I paid more for Croatoan from Vacuum, than I did for WBG, Mogwai, Naïf etc. on the secondary market. Congrats to Aaron for pricing accordingly.
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 pm

You did pretty well on the secondary then :lol:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Baker wrote:You did pretty well on the secondary then :lol:
Seriously. Anyone wanna sell me a Mogwai below Croatoan cost? :P
snowrs
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Just 4 years ago, Mogwai and WBG were the first two I purchased. It really just struck me at how quickly his prices have risen, and my willingness to spend on his work has sky rocketed. I looked back through pm' sand can't believe now some of the things I balked at price wise. More just a realization as I am getting ready to drop a house payment on RotK.
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 pm

WBG was pretty pricey (at the time) direct from BONA. It was around $180, and the "normal" variants were priced similarly to Croatoan.
ISO Horkey Nesting
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
My purchase of Mogwai is the reason I compulsively click "view new posts" on this site. I can't remember who I bought it from, but I clicked "view new posts" one night 5 years ago or so and the top post, with 0 views at the time, was a FS thread selling Mogwai for, like, $125. I jumped on it. Ever since then I've been vigilant, waiting for the next sucker to come along and under-price something I desperately want.
ahrkitekt wrote:WBG was pretty pricey (at the time) direct from BONA. It was around $180, and the "normal" variants were priced similarly to Croatoan.
Yup. I walked into BONA with my 6-month-old son in tow to pay cash for it. My son was a spitter, like projectile spit-up, and had eaten probably 25 minutes earlier. Standing over the stacks of WBGs holding my son was very nerve-wracking for me. You guys have no idea how close my son was to ruining all the WBGs. That's right, all of them.
Last edited by jjbehren on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:40 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
My purchase of Mogwai is the reason I compulsively click "view new posts" on this site. I can't remember who I bought it from, but I clicked "view new posts" one night 5 years ago or so and the top post, with 0 views at the time, was a FS thread selling Mogwai for, like, $125. I jumped on it. Ever since then I've been vigilant, waiting for the next sucker to come along an under-price something I desperately want.
Four years ago I started my own vigil. Game on.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
snowrs
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:55 pm

You can also blame Mondo Star Wars for bringing me here. So really like everything else it's Mondos fault :D
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:53 pm

snowrs wrote:You can also blame Mondo Star Wars for bringing me here. So really like everything else it's Mondos fault :D
I think a lot of people can say the same thing. I know I was one of them.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 pm

I think this might have been posted before when Mondo-Con sketches were being shown, but just in case...
aaronhorkey wrote:Ballpoint pen sketch for @webuyyourkids at @mondocon - September 2014. #aaronhorkey #webuyyourkids #gooeyball #crystals
So it goes...