Framed Horkey Thread

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:51 pm

mfaith wrote:
oinkoink wrote:This is one of my favorite threads on EB. It's a good-will ecosystem of compliments and complements, which is hard to find nowadays. Aaron's work is amazing by itself, but its elevated to another level with these frame-ups and his fans. I just sent my first Horkey piece to the framers and can't wait to post in this thread when its done. I am no where close to joining the THC, but I hope in the future I'll be able to participate.
That's awesome dude! I'm making my way there alongside you. Which piece is getting the special treatment? :)
I was very fortunate (and grateful) in getting Croatoan when Mitch released the "second" batch.
antiyou
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 am

decker3984 wrote:
xjmjx wrote:Love that Spring, always a fan of white on white myself, so that looks great!
Generally speaking... I have *never* been a fan of white on white.
That however... Looks fantastic! Well done mate!!

Well done.
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am

oinkoink wrote:This is one of my favorite threads on EB. It's a good-will ecosystem of compliments and complements, which is hard to find nowadays. Aaron's work is amazing by itself, but its elevated to another level with these frame-ups and his fans. I just sent my first Horkey piece to the framers and can't wait to post in this thread when its done. I am no where close to joining the THC, but I hope in the future I'll be able to participate.
I am going to *attempt* to carry the smile I got after reading your post with me for the rest of the day.
antiyou... Sorry to be a little ray of sunshine right after your post. I could repost my Detritus Japan
frame up to bring some death and decay back up in here... :wink:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:57 am

I am excited, later today/tomorrow, I'll have a couple of modest frame-ups to post. Nothing big, but I always get excited to get one done! :D

I also need to take a pic of my 2nd (re-done) Horkey wall. I now have Siren, Sunn O))) Boris May Tour 06, my Black Grist APs and my white Converge Japan 07 all on one wall! :twisted:
antiyou
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:27 am

decker3984 wrote:
I am going to *attempt* to carry the smile I got after reading your post with me for the rest of the day.
antiyou... Sorry to be a little ray of sunshine right after your post. I could repost my Detritus Japan

Strangely Decker, I'm going to agree on your positive vibes. I know that may come as a shock to you. OP's comments are a secondary reason I love Aarons work so much. It seems to bring out the best in this place.
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 pm

antiyou wrote:
decker3984 wrote:

Strangely Decker, I'm going to agree on your positive vibes. I know that may come as a shock to you. OP's comments are a secondary reason I love Aarons work so much. It seems to bring out the best in this place.
Agreed.

If you haven't...
You should check out the discussion he and Deads were having over in the Croatoan thread. Seriously.
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
antiyou
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:11 pm

decker3984 wrote:
antiyou wrote:
decker3984 wrote:

Agreed.

If you haven't...
You should check out the discussion he and Deads were having over in the Croatoan thread. Seriously.
Oh I have, I just don't feel the need to chime in with something snarky there. It's thoughtful and eloquent. Different for this place lately it seems...
RockNRoLLa
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:34 am

image.jpg
image.jpg
Super happy with how this turned out!
xjmjx
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:56 am

That TWBB looks gooood! :clap:

Here's my most recent. The Init is something that I just traded for during THC, wanted to keep it simple, pretty happy with how the color and grain of the wood go with the print. Scratch build job numero uno.

And a very generous THCer sold me this a while back. Even more happy with this one, it's a lot of brown, but I love it. And as one of my "non-art" friends put it, "that thing looks like it should be behind the bar at a saloon" which made me stoked. :D Scratch built numero dos...
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:57 am

xjmjx wrote:I am excited, later today/tomorrow, I'll have a couple of modest frame-ups to post. Nothing big, but I always get excited to get one done! :D

I also need to take a pic of my 2nd (re-done) Horkey wall. I now have Siren, Sunn O))) Boris May Tour 06, my Black Grist APs and my white Converge Japan 07 all on one wall! :twisted:
Congrats! Please pics of the Horkey wall! I'm also thinking of how to frame the white Converge. Someone here posted one with no mat and a thick cherry wood frame frame that looked awesome.
Joesunday
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am

Nice work jay! both turn out perfect.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:10 am

Joesunday wrote:Nice work jay! both turn out perfect.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!
mtarail wrote:
xjmjx wrote:I am excited, later today/tomorrow, I'll have a couple of modest frame-ups to post. Nothing big, but I always get excited to get one done! :D

Congrats! Please pics of the Horkey wall! I'm also thinking of how to frame the white Converge. Someone here posted one with no mat and a thick cherry wood frame frame that looked awesome.
Here's the wall. :D

And here's my Converge
Last edited by xjmjx on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:04 am

Oh man! those are looking great! Love that church pew too.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
p0ppacap
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 pm

All great, I especially lurve that True Grit!
ImageImage*Image*
decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:18 pm

p0ppacap wrote:All great, I especially lurve that True Grit!
I would ABSOLUTELY echo those sentiments. :shock: :shock: :shock:
And big Poppa... That VACVVM turned Black Osprey sig thingy you got therrr...
Super sexy! Hook a brotha UP!!!!