Poster for George 14 Fairey Release Discussion 10/24/14

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 am

KNEEL13 wrote:Both of mine have scuffs (chub rub), from Obey and the US Harrison store. My silver one has more scuffs maybe similar to what you are saying. Besides the line or rubbing from the kraft paper, there are other minor scuffs which are maybe from handling on the silver one. Unless you know what you are doing I would probably leave it as is or you might make it worse. They should have rolled these face down or with tissue.
Silver landed today. Lots of scuffs, but no damage. Some of the scuffs are actually kind of deep.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Just got silver in finally, took forever. Been spoilt by living in LA and used to next-day shipping from direct from Obey. Print arrived in great condition and I gotta say, despite the forum consensus I really like the silver version much more than the red.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:23 pm

misterwhisper wrote:Just got silver in finally, took forever. Been spoilt by living in LA and used to next-day shipping from direct from Obey. Print arrived in great condition and I gotta say, despite the forum consensus I really like the silver version much more than the red.
i actually think that is the new forum consensus.
ImageT.K.C.
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Well... The Brits are 0 for 2 this week with shipping me prints minty.
Silver George arrived from the UK and the fears about packaging were confirmed. Quite possibly the worst poster packaging I have seen in 15 years of collecting. Poster shipped in flimsy cardboard triangle wrapped in a plastic bag. No Kraft paper.. Just tissue and tape. Some of the tape was stuck to the print back! :hanging: Sigh... I'm guessing getting a replacement will be tough. On the positive side, the print looks great and I like the silver much more than the red.

I also got a turtles print from Raid71 this week that came in a tube that someone used to block a dull sword. Thin tube stood no chance and my son's print is the loser. :(

Do they not sell Yazoo's in the UK? Ok rant over.
Last edited by dutchflowers on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:52 pm

They will want you to pay return shipping ..... :hanging:

Very poor handling
they dont care
got the money
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:They will want you to pay return shipping ..... :hanging:

Very poor handling
they dont care
got the money
Well that's bollocks!

Although I'm not surprised.
Boooo!
Raid71
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm

dutchflowers wrote:Well... The Brits are 0 for 2 this week with shipping me prints minty.
Silver George arrived from the UK and the fears about packaging were confirmed. Quite possibly the worst poster packaging I have seen in 15 years of collecting. Poster shipped in flimsy cardboard triangle wrapped in a plastic bag. No Kraft paper.. Just tissue and tape. Some of the tape was stuck to the print back! :hanging: Sigh... I'm guessing getting a replacement will be tough. On the positive side, the print looks great and I like the silver much more than the red.

I also got a turtles print from Raid71 this week that came in a tube that someone used to block a dull sword with. Thin tube stood no chance and my son's print is the loser. :(

Do they not sell Yazoo's in the UK? Ok rant over.
Drop me an email or PM and I'll sort it our for you; we make sure all the prints are insured for travel so we can make a claim;
We don't have many problems with the tube we use, jut problems with some of the people who handle them.

I'll make sure your son get his print :)
making marks on paper for food
http://www.raid71.com
https://twitter.com/raid71
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Raid71 wrote: Drop me an email or PM and I'll sort it our for you; we make sure all the prints are insured for travel so we can make a claim;
We don't have many problems with the tube we use, jut problems with some of the people who handle them.

I'll make sure your son get his print :)
:clap:
Thanks Raid!!! I will be in touch. It was definitely a disgruntled postal worker who caused the problem.. Not you.
You are a class act for reaching out to me first and sorry for my rant.
Beautiful print by the way! My boy will LOVE it!!!
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:27 pm

dutchflowers wrote:Well... The Brits are 0 for 2 this week with shipping me prints minty.
Silver George arrived from the UK and the fears about packaging were confirmed. Quite possibly the worst poster packaging I have seen in 15 years of collecting. Poster shipped in flimsy cardboard triangle wrapped in a plastic bag. No Kraft paper.. Just tissue and tape.
Mine arrived the other day, in much better condition than I ever expected. Didn't think it would make the long journey in one piece, but the print actually escaped any harm (other than a wonky roll that just needs a little more flattening than usual). I feel very fortunate.

KNEEL13
EB Team

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Those triangle mailers are awful. Galerie F in Chicago uses them, but at least the poster is inside a tube within the triangle mailer.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:15 pm

How are the ones processed by the UK site being delivered?
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm

music today handles all USA ones, and they have been shipping fine, for the rest of you.. yikes
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:22 pm

I just cringed looking at the picture above. I'm not even going to quote the picture for those who don't know which one I'm talking about.

Edit- Yes, I was talking about this one: Image
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:26 pm

stuckeyc wrote:How are the ones processed by the UK site being delivered?
See my photos above, unfortunately.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:43 pm

soam24 wrote:music today handles all USA ones, and they have been shipping fine, for the rest of you.. yikes

Yeah. Was pleasantly surprised that my musictoday order cam in a sturdy tube, with end caps, kraft paper and all. A major step up in their game since I last ordered from them.
ImageT.K.C.