New Flesh: News, Updates, & Freebies

General art-related discussion.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Well, like 200 other likely people I did not get the one print I was shooting for, the Prometheus test print so if anyone happened to get one of those I'll trade you my whole tube plus cash/other trades.

Overall I'm very impressed with the Mystery Tube, NE filled these with some great prints. Granted, they don't all fit my tastes but all are tastefully done. The metallic ink usage is very nice, especially in the Pulp Fiction where the title is a metallic gold and the blue is metallic.

Here is what I received:

Pulp Fiction Variant

Charade Regular

Notorious Regular

Viddy Well, Little Brother. Viddy Well.

The last of my prints was a smaller batman similar in size to Viddy Well. Not sure what this one is.
THC x 3
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm

jcbudny wrote:Well, like 200 other likely people I did not get the one print I was shooting for, the Prometheus test print so if anyone happened to get one of those I'll trade you my whole tube plus cash/other trades.
Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure theperfectree got the only copy that was available...

Also, that Batman print was just something new he whipped up for these tubes specifically (along with the ESB Wampa room sign).
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:39 pm

agr719 wrote:
jcbudny wrote:Well, like 200 other likely people I did not get the one print I was shooting for, the Prometheus test print so if anyone happened to get one of those I'll trade you my whole tube plus cash/other trades.
Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure theperfectree got the only copy that was available...

Also, that Batman print was just something new he whipped up for these tubes specifically (along with the ESB Wampa room sign).
TPT certainly did score one of the test prints, however their sales ad did say they had 3 of them they were putting into the mystery tubes so perhaps someone will get one that didn't want it? Wishful thinking? Yeah, probably but never hurts to ask right :)
THC x 3
anteis24
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:46 pm

From the newsletter:
Prometheus Test Print. (has different black ink than final run.) Only 3 printed, this may be the last survivor.

Sounds like there are 3 out there but only one was included in the mystery tubes.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:54 pm

anteis24 wrote:From the newsletter:
Prometheus Test Print. (has different black ink than final run.) Only 3 printed, this may be the last survivor.

Sounds like there are 3 out there but only one was included in the mystery tubes.
Good point, looks like I read it wrong and assumed the 3 printed were included. I guess TPT might have been the one Lucky Duck.
THC x 3
xforce392
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Recieved my tube today
1. Exorcist
2.buffy the vampire slayer
3.grenn destiny

And the two handbills everyone else got

Anyone has a pulp fiction they want to trade for the buffy get at me
TonyC
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Received my tube today and am really happy. All three 18x24 posters came from my request list:

I am Iron Man (Printer Proof)
I Always Wanted to Be a Gangster Variant AP (Goodfellas)
Green Destiny (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)

The Goodfellas Variant is much nicer than the JPEG, with gold metalics throughout.

Also got the ESB handbill and Viddy Well.

My number one request was the Millennium Falcon GID Print. I think that this might have only been available as a random insert special. Did anyone get one?
RedRanger
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 am

Just got my tube and I am very happy with it!

Only one from my request list, but it was my top request!

Millennium Falcon GID Print
Pacific Rim
Green Destiny (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon)
Viddy Well (Clockwork Orange)
Star Wars Sign (trading for Batman print)
Last edited by RedRanger on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:30 am

Ooohhh did you get the Millennium Falcon print on pearl paper (run of 2), or the regular run of 55? Love that print :pint:
RedRanger
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:45 am

agr719 wrote:Ooohhh did you get the Millennium Falcon print on pearl paper (run of 2), or the regular run of 55? Love that print :pint:
Regular run of 55, looks great in person!
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Yes it does!

Also, finally... two mystery tubes out for delivery! :clap:
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:58 pm

got my tracking number and mine has not even made it to my state yet... I was mailed 12 days ago!!!! damn usps :hanging:
" time wounds all the heals"
Tiger47
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Got the tracking number from N.E. yesterday, as of this morning was showing still in Texas, then updated to being out for delivery in NY. USPS, go figure :roll: .

I got:
Watch This...Watch What? Test Print- My #1

Charade - My #4

The Last Starfighter- Which I've never seen and had to look up just now but hey that's a mystery tube for you!

Viddy Well, Little Brother

The Wampa Sign, which is rad

And like an 8x10 (haven't measured) crop of Bergman's face from the Notorious Poster- which I almost included on my list but left off because there's already a 30x40 Notorious Poster hanging in my apartment. But pretty great for an extra.

A pile of stickers.

The Watch This...Watch What looks great for a 'test', the metallics look fantastic, and the back side has just the black outlines of the print along with the silver layer of the District 9 print. I wish there was a cool way to display both sides...
MondoMonopoly

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 am

what's the difference between printer proof and test print?
GooseVic
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:07 am

Tiger47 wrote:Got the tracking number from N.E. yesterday, as of this morning was showing still in Texas, then updated to being out for delivery in NY. USPS, go figure :roll: .

I got:
Watch This...Watch What? Test Print- My #1

Charade - My #4

The Last Starfighter- Which I've never seen and had to look up just now but hey that's a mystery tube for you!

Viddy Well, Little Brother

The Wampa Sign, which is rad

And like an 8x10 (haven't measured) crop of Bergman's face from the Notorious Poster- which I almost included on my list but left off because there's already a 30x40 Notorious Poster hanging in my apartment. But pretty great for an extra.

A pile of stickers.

The Watch This...Watch What looks great for a 'test', the metallics look fantastic, and the back side has just the black outlines of the print along with the silver layer of the District 9 print. I wish there was a cool way to display both sides...
Awesome score, Tiger, on the Watch This...Watch What? Test Print!