Buyer Beware: Audrey Kawasaki Fraudster

General art-related discussion.
MikeTyler
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Hello Audrey Kawasaki Fans,

I recently had an unfortunate deal on eBay with a User: angelicrequiemgallery This lady also goes by the name (I cannot post here due to privacy policy) Please view ripoff.com report for full details.

My experience is as follows:

I found Audrey Kawasaki "If Only You Where Here" Signed Print #88 of 150 on Ebay From Angelic Requiem Gallery. I gave the owner an offer below the listed price and she took my offer.
Here was her response:

Nov-05-14 02:05 PM "Congratulations on purchasing If only you were here. Thank you for sending me reasonable offer. I received several offers a few weeks back from someone in France and another Brazil for $100-200 less than your offer. I couldn't ship something this large out of state. Please allow me the time to gather the proper shipping supplies to make sure your print is properly packaged so it will be well protected during travel. I'll probably have tracking for you late tomorrow evening, Friday morning at the latest.
Thanks again.
Please give her a good home. I will truly miss this print."

I was so happy and excited, as I love this print.

The next communication I received was as follows:

Nov-06-14 05:21 PM "Everything is ready to ship. I spent extra care packing your print in an over-sized box and I heavily wrapped the print several times with padding and bubble-wrap surrounded with peanuts for cushioning. As soon as we receive your payment we can ship your Kawasaki out to you!
Thank you."

I went ahead and made my payment to the vendor.

I then receive this:

Nov-07-14 11:05 AM "Would you mind calling me sometime today regarding your Kawasaki print shipment? I needed to ask you a few questions concerning how I'm shipping the print and I would prefer to do it over the phone. My # is XXXXX. I'm still planning shipping it out right after work I just wanted to speak with you first.
Thank you. XXXXX
"

I want to bring your attention to both the messages. The one on Nov 6th says "Everything is ready to ship" "Heavily wrapped... with padding" and the message on Nov 7th " I'm still planning shipping it out... just want to speak with you first."

When I called XXXXX she proceeded to tell me a story about how on her way to get the print packed she dropped the print in its frame and broke and is now beyond repair. This was confusing to me as she had already told me that the print was pack and heavily protected 2 days prior. How did this print come out of its packaging and how would you have dropped it and damaged it far beyond repair. This was very suspicious to me. I told her I was interested regardless. I would still pay the same price. I really love the print and still want it. I also asked if she could send me a photo of the damage.

Needless to say she refused both. She still would not send me a photo or send me the print stating "Family emergency" as an excuse for not communicating with me. She would not take my calls and I found this entire process to be very suspect and also very sad.

This is a bad way to conduct business. I am still confused as to why she did what she did. What was it for her to gain over this? Maybe someone on this forum could shed some light on this odd situation.
Last edited by MikeTyler on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Going to want to delete those personal details.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:22 pm

EBers gon' EBer.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:26 pm

The site's Member Usage Policy states ...
Privacy Is King

We will never sell or release your information period. Only under court order will we release your information. In fact, we do not ask for any information that we do not need to provide this service.

Members shall not publicly disclose or disseminate any other member's or non-member's personal information, including, but not limited to their legal name, residential and business phone numbers, cellular phone numbers, residential and business addresses, and e-mail addresses. Failure to comply with the above may result in a ban and/or suspension of a Member's account.
Please do not post personal information to the forums. Thank you.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:26 pm

That phone number in the last transcript of her emails still needs deletion......
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:28 pm

OtomoChaser wrote:That phone number still needs deletion......
Otomo for mod 2015
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Will you be getting a refund? Thanks for the head's up though. Hope the situation gets resolved smoothly.
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:11 pm

that is an odd way to go about "fraud" . Let's just say she didn't package it up but actually dropped it. She then told you she dropped it, you still offered to keep it at the same price, and then she bails. Not sure what her angle was on all this.

Only thing I can think of is once she started packing it up, she realized how much she didn't want to let it go. And then made up a story. I've been that way before where I am totally fine selling something. And then as soon as someone actually buys it, I wish they hadn't so I could keep it
wizdom
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:13 pm

when I read the title i thought you got a fake print or something like that. sounds like she just changed her mind and wants more money for it.
choke
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:28 pm

Was listed at $1200, you offered $1000, she accepted.

Someone probably messaged her asking what she'd sold it for and offered her more, probably $1100 or something and paid, and she refunded you with the BS story about damage.

At least you got a refund. You left her a neg though and that's probably all you can really do about it at this point.

Make an ISO thread here: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewforum.php?f=26. $1000 would probably shake an unframed one loose easily if you were so inclined to make that same offer. Don't send it as a gift, paypal goods and services payment only to make sure you're covered.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:30 pm

What fraud is taking place? You got your money back. Like was stated, she either changed her mind, got a better deal, or she did actually damage it.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:31 pm

I'm sure everyone here will want to deal with him knowing he will post their personal information all over the site if things don't go his way.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
choke
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:33 pm

If I had this print and he still had his $1000, I'd roll the dice.

Unfortunately I probably sold it for $300 years ago.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Luls.
Ayes
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Maybe dude demanded only UPS or Fedex shipping and had a meltdown when she didn't agree. Potential phish420 alt.