Private Commission Club

General art-related discussion.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:37 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Dude, don't sell before you have them in hand. Isn't that rule #1? Just end it.
You're not getting it. I didn't sell anything.

Earlier on in the group David told us it was okay to grab posters for outsiders to meet our numbers. I happened to see a post by flapjack here that he was looking for a copy. I contacted him to let him know I could probably get him a copy for cost. He agreed. THEN I asked David if that was ok and if he could ship directly to flapjack. I sent flapjacks money over and put his address on it when I sent payment.

All along it was flapjacks money, and his poster. The only reason I was even involved is because flapjack was not a part of the commission group.
Last edited by BetterCallSaul on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:38 am

This club sounds fun.
That's what she said
MoviePosterEmpire

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:40 am

Please stop posting in here. It's done.
Particle
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:43 am

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Please stop posting in here. It's done.
You can ignore the thread if it bothers you.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:53 am

The overlying issue here is that I was never sent Flapjacks poster, and he was never sent his poster. drymount everything else, drymount them money. The main point I'm trying to make is that he never received the poster he paid for, and I never received a poster to send his way. I would have had no issue sending him his poster, but I never got one.

Alright, I'll shut the drymount up about it now. It's clearly never going to get resolved and my voice isn't going to be heard. Consider my $73 an early termination fee.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:53 am

Kramerica wrote:I think common sense went out for a pack of smokes and never came back.
I thought the number 1 rule of EB was leave common sense at the door
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:The overlying issue here is that I was never sent Flapjacks poster, and he was never sent his poster. drymount everything else, drymount them money. The main point I'm trying to make is that he never received the poster he paid for, and I never received a poster to send his way. I would have had no issue sending him his poster, but I never got one.

Alright, I'll shut the drymount up about it now. It's clearly never going to get resolved and my voice isn't going to be heard. Consider my $73 an early termination fee.
Didn't you say earlier you were sent a reg but you shipped it back? Seems to me like you were sent a poster then. Did you provide a tracking number to David to track this package? Also if you knew you had picked up a reg for someone and you somehow got it shipped to you, common sense wouldn't kick in and tell you that maybe it was that guys and you should email David to verify that it was correct as oppose to just sending it back?
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Particle wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Please stop posting in here. It's done.
You can ignore the thread if it bothers you.
That's too much work dude
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

WIGOBT?
rubberneck
Art God

alteridiom wrote:Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Drama just follows some people wherever they may roam.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 pm

bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:23 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Please continue posting in here. It's fun.
Fixed.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:17 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:The overlying issue here is that I was never sent Flapjacks poster, and he was never sent his poster. drymount everything else, drymount them money. The main point I'm trying to make is that he never received the poster he paid for, and I never received a poster to send his way. I would have had no issue sending him his poster, but I never got one.

Look, this is fruitless and it's over. I verified everything and you were made whole. You got a variant when we first started collecting and then a regular when we collected again to reprint after the printing problem. That's a regular and variant. You were mistakenly shipped two regulars. I paid you to ship one of the regulars back and I sent you a variant so you were made whole. We discussed me shipping your poster to somebody else last September and I forgot about it by the time we shipped the reprinted posters and I shipped it to you instead...my fault there but it was about 2,000 posters ago for me.. You're not out any money because you got what you paid for. I'm not gonna go post screen shots of all of the transactions but the other board members have been in and seen the same thing so we're all satisfied everything is good.

I've also reached out to Flapjack to let him know that I'll probably have one of my personal copies available after I know all of the international guys have received their stuff (I pay for extras for shipping damage replacements). He's the one standing around empty handed thinking he was gonna get a poster and that pretty well sucks.

I'm considering this done and won't post further about it.

For guys in the group, I'll try to get the Andrew Ghrist and Richard Davies pieces up on the collection site this evening. I'm stacked up at work and posting right now between meetings.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm

May God have mercy on your soul.
BetterCallSaul wrote:BetterCallSaul VG Cash or Trade $45.00 2014-10-29
*** shipped conus
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin