Private Commission Club

General art-related discussion.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:08 pm

I received a refund a from BetterCallSaul.

Just to clear the air ... I don't think BCS was trying to scam me out of $73. I wasn't part of the group that commissioned this poster, but when the details went public he reached out to me and I was able to pay for and one of the regular editions in the run (Jan 6th to be exact) ... paid through BCS. It was my understandin that my payment and information were passed on to fourthstooge at that time.

I'm not on facebook, and obviously this poster took some time since it had to be reprinted and many copies to ship ... BCS keep me updated the whole time on how things were going, sent pictures of how the poster looked printed, and other projects, etc. Very good communication throughout. As he mentioned, I really don't think he was playing the long con for a couple of bucks.

I got nervous when it appeared everyone else still had their poster in hand, and even finally BCS got his as well. At this point I contacted fourthstooge directly, but he didn't respond to my PMs that he read. BCS was able to keep communicating with him for me and even offered to send me his poster ... I declined, because it still sounded like I would get sorted eventually. I finally got to point to make a few comments directly in threads to get some attention to this, as my PMs were just getting radio silence. I'm sorted out with a refund, although I'm not sure that should have come from BCS.

My lesson learned, and for the most part I've managed to avoid EB drama until now. Am a bit bummed that I don't get the poster I've waited patiently for.

Slightly less tldr version ... it's my fault for not joining facebook (and for dressing kinda slutty) so I got what I deserved. Honestly, I wouldn't write off BetterCallSaul for this incident ... as I believe his intentions were for good, not evil.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Don't scam me bro!
That's what she said
jeter0204
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:13 pm

DarthHippie wrote:Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 pm
bsutter11 wrote:After this I'm done on this forum, seriously. Bunch of cry babies and kiss asses.
BetterCallSaul
Flipper
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:17 pm

FlapJack wrote:I received a refund a from BetterCallSaul.

Just to clear the air ... I don't think BCS was trying to scam me out of $73. I wasn't part of the group that commissioned this poster, but when the details went public he reached out to me and I was able to pay for and one of the regular editions in the run (Jan 6th to be exact) ... paid through BCS. It was my understandin that my payment and information were passed on to fourthstooge at that time.

I'm not on facebook, and obviously this poster took some time since it had to be reprinted and many copies to ship ... BCS keep me updated the whole time on how things were going, sent pictures of how the poster looked printed, and other projects, etc. Very good communication throughout. As he mentioned, I really don't think he was playing the long con for a couple of bucks.

I got nervous when it appeared everyone else still had their poster in hand, and even finally BCS got his as well. At this point I contacted fourthstooge directly, but he didn't respond to my PMs that he read. BCS was able to keep communicating with him for me and even offered to send me his poster ... I declined, because it still sounded like I would get sorted eventually. I finally got to point to make a few comments directly in threads to get some attention to this, as my PMs were just getting radio silence. I'm sorted out with a refund, although I'm not sure that should have come from BCS.

My lesson learned, and for the most part I've managed to avoid EB drama until now. Am a bit bummed that I don't get the poster I've waited patiently for.

Slightly less tldr version ... it's my fault for not joining facebook (and for dressing kinda slutty) so I got what I deserved. Honestly, I wouldn't write off BetterCallSaul for this incident ... as I believe his intentions were for good, not evil.
He PB'd for you so it has nothing to do with the group. It was BCS's responsibility to get you the poster that he bought, not FS. You shouldn't have been messaging FS at all since you're not in the group and it wasn't going to be shipped to anyone other than the person who bought it. It's like messaging Mondo directly about buying something from an eBay flipper.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:19 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
FlapJack wrote:I received a refund a from BetterCallSaul.

He PB'd for you so it has nothing to do with the group. It was BCS's responsibility to get you the poster that he bought, not FS. You shouldn't have been messaging FS at all since you're not in the group and it wasn't going to be shipped to anyone other than the person who bought it. It's like messaging Mondo directly about buying something from an eBay flipper.
Paging DrewJ....Paging DrewJ
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:24 pm

I can see why you would say that ... but I disagree that it is the same in this case.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:25 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote: He PB'd for you so it has nothing to do with the group. It was BCS's responsibility to get you the poster that he bought, not FS. You shouldn't have been messaging FS at all since you're not in the group and it wasn't going to be shipped to anyone other than the person who bought it. It's like messaging Mondo directly about buying something from an eBay flipper.
This would be true had I known it was supposed to be shipped to me. The thing is, David agreed even BEFORE I purchased it that it was no problem to ship directly to Flapjack. And again let me make it perfectly clear... I didn't flip the poster to him. I sold it to him for what the initial cost was. It was a PB, because he wasn't in the group to purchase it himself. Now because of this clusterfuck I'm out $73 and everyone thinks I'm a scammer.

If anything this just shows me that I shouldn't help people out. I should've just stuck to my guns and flipped posters..and that's what I'll continue to do from now on.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Is this a club that commissions artists to create movie prints/posters? Or does the club sort of "farm" upcoming artists to help get their careers rolling? Not being part of the club (sorry, not cool enough), it feels like there's not much privacy in terms of keeping dirty laundry locked up.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 pm

oinkoink wrote:Is this a club that commissions artists to create movie prints/posters? Or does the club sort of "farm" upcoming artists to help get their careers rolling? Not being part of the club (sorry, not cool enough), it feels like there's not much privacy in terms of keeping dirty laundry locked up.
We do both, we have established artist in our group as well as new up and coming artist trying to get their name and work out there. We dont discriminate
ImageImageImage
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:40 pm

the group has 200 people in it, there is certainly plenty of laundry and no way to keep it locked up. It does generally run well and engages established artists like Eng in this case and lesser known talent. all told a lot more good than bad, and this seems like a classic case of no good deed goes unpunished. in the beginning i seem to recall us being much more open to the idea of picking one up for someone else to make sure we hit the required numbers, so likely just mis-communications all round. Something that is a bit to be expected when everyone involved is doing this in their spare time for no compensation.
oinkoink wrote:Is this a club that commissions artists to create movie prints/posters? Or does the club sort of "farm" upcoming artists to help get their careers rolling? Not being part of the club (sorry, not cool enough), it feels like there's not much privacy in terms of keeping dirty laundry locked up.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:44 pm

It seems we just have a few people that get way too butthurt when maybe FS misses a message or forgets that he told them something. With dozens of projects going on and hundreds in the group, stuff is bound to slip through the cracks from time to time. Especially when all of this is in his spare time. It's not like he has family and owns his own business or anything. To pull a kyler4444, if you don't like the way it's run, you don't have to be in it.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Hey. I've never flipped a print in my life and I want in this group.

Someone vouch for me.

Please?
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:49 pm

maddoghoek100 wrote:the group has 200 people in it, there is certainly plenty of laundry and no way to keep it locked up. It does generally run well and engages established artists like Eng in this case and lesser known talent. all told a lot more good than bad, and this seems like a classic case of no good deed goes unpunished. in the beginning i seem to recall us being much more open to the idea of picking one up for someone else to make sure we hit the required numbers, so likely just mis-communications all round. Something that is a bit to be expected when everyone involved is doing this in their spare time for no compensation.
FS personally ships out to 150 people so expecting him ship to people you're PBing for is ludicrous. We're all over it already. Moving on.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Oh, interesting. So it's like a social network of sorts? Is this forum the primary form of communication? I'm just curious because if I was part of the group, I'd prefer to keep everything locked up from the general public, even the releases, to maintain the elusiveness and exclusiveness of the club. But hey, what do I know, I'm new to the boards.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:57 pm

oinkoink wrote:Oh, interesting. So it's like a social network of sorts? Is this forum the primary form of communication? I'm just curious because if I was part of the group, I'd prefer to keep everything locked up from the general public, even the releases, to maintain the elusiveness and exclusiveness of the club. But hey, what do I know, I'm new to the boards.
Most everything is handled within a private facebook group and nothing as far as releases go is posted outside of that group until after everything is purchased and printing
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.