Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:57 am

mr_rugby wrote:I wonder if 90% of the people who post in this thread even know who bk is
A broken record.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 am

sirmitchell wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:the main issue is an artist ridiculing someone if not an entire forum that helped make his career advancement and move to Austin possible.
I was about to check out of this conversation, but I have got to reply to this because let's face it, it's COMPLETE horseshit. It's trying to invalidate years of hard work, which began long before my name was mentioned on this forum. I did not make and perpetuate a thread about my art, I am not in debt to this forum. If I'm being honest, and anyone reading this, if you agree with the above statement from wonkabars7, please, don't buy anything from me in the future. I don't want support from people that think their patronage equals some sort of ownership in how I should act, think, or feel. If someone is being a cynical dickhead for no reason, I'm going to call them out on it. What does buying something from me have to do with that?

And EB is the reason I was able to move to Austin? What the hell are you smoking cause I want some.
Don't you know? Anyone that buys a piece of your art also buys a piece of your SOULLLLLLL!!!!!!!
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 am

Codeblue wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:I wonder if 90% of the people who post in this thread even know who bk is
A broken record.
Only if you didnt get the joke. :wink:

:lol:
bk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:02 am

Codeblue wrote:
A broken record.
punch
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 am

bk wrote:
IWish wrote: Mondo ruined EVERYTHING. :wink: :lol:

Now, artists don't even need to come up with their own ideas to get a big bloated head and following, they just have to use pre-existing popular imagery created by another artist and then walk around like they are picasso changing the art world because of their image of robocop trying to pull over Gizmo as he and Michael J Fox try and out run him in their barbie's first time machine dolorean while they race Ferris Bueller in Cameron's dad's ferrari as Mario takes out Link with a turtle shell.
Mike Mitchell in a nutshell?
punch
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 am

Codeblue wrote:
A broken record.
Zinger! I love bk's posts personally. He's usually on point.
bk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:16 am

both blue's and binky's comments are accurate

I am an old man broken record, this is a fair assessment
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:21 am

get the dinner in before daylight savings ends
mmmm Beer :pint:
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:27 am

Oof. Artists and members alike, theres a lot whiny attitudes up in here.
Brian2013
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:41 am

jrsheppa wrote:Oof. Artists and members alike, theres a lot whiny attitudes up in here.
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:43 am

^^ Great gif :lol:
Last edited by mfaith on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes...
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:54 am

I find Mike Mitchell's posts on EB to be far more annoying and infuriating than any troll

I remember that time MM melted down over cart hoarders and how much EB sucks... in his own thread... on EB... when the issue was actually with his store. Actually I'm struggling to remember MM commenting on anything other than how much he hates EB

What a cool guy.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:15 am

TKuczynski wrote:I find Mike Mitchell's posts on EB to be far more annoying and infuriating than any troll

I remember that time MM melted down over cart hoarders and how much EB sucks... in his own thread... on EB... when the issue was actually with his store. Actually I'm struggling to remember MM commenting on anything other than how much he hates EB

What a cool guy.
I have to say, I'm disappointed in the way he responded myself. Everyone knows i'm relatively new here, and new to the community as a whole, so I don't have any experience with Mike, good or bad. I've seen some of his work, and that's about it. For him to come on like he did last night, and bash the forum and the community here just across the board, saying the whole place is a joke, was uncouth. I agree with the content of his message for the most part (at least about how you shouldn't bash an artist, or flat out state as fact that their entire body of work is garbage, just because you don't happen to like some of it), but the way he communicated it, becoming all hostile...it was unnecessary imho. Just my opinion, coming from someone new to the community. *shrugs*
So it goes...
bert
Art Expert

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:36 am

mfaith wrote:I have to say, I'm disappointed in the way he responded myself.
What MM posted was fine. I agree with him. I wish some folk would think before posting shitty cynical one liners. (Blue is the exception, 'cause he's funny and usually right). I can live with it because it's the internet and everyone thinks they're a comedian, but if it was about someone I knew, I'd pipe up in defence too.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:37 am

Hear hear

Look, this is an art forum, and the discussion or criticism of art and the artists should be encouraged. However, and more importantly unfortunately, it's also an Internet forum, so it tends to spiral into absolute chaos every now and again. Look at my post count, I've got maybe 2% substantive posts about the actual art and the rest is bored garbage/blowing off steam/fart jokes, so I know I'm not exactly the poster-boy for keeping a thread on target and about the art, but as a community we need to to try and self police ourselves. Maybe you think Mitchell came out guns blazing, but if you look at what he was responding too, it's exactly the sort of comment that should be responded to in that manner. It's not a personal attack on the person posting, it's a reality check about what is going on in the forum.
Last edited by finneganm on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's what she said