Pearl Jam Camden I 08 Klausen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:36 am

"these are the best posters for a philly/camden show in the history of PJ posters. no doubt"

I disagree.

rssesq
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 am

BarelyAlive wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:
I saw some dude taking a camera pic of the poster last night and I approacked him to see if he was the ninersfan1 dude from ebay (like he would tell me if he truely was anyway.) quote]

I was thinking about this last night when I was at a merch stand and saw someone taking a pic as well. I don't know what any of them look like, but I have some names and addresses of about 3 or 4 of them guaranteed. Not like that does anything, but I have names. That does nothing either come to think of it, but whatever. It was just funny at some point to put some names to Ninersfan finally at that time.

So diff colors tonight will be a good thing. Enjoy the show to those going!

Me and my friend founf ninersfans at the forst show and took pics of them with camara phone. We will post later. they were 3 elderly men, all over 50. They had matching nike wristbands to cover their poster wristbands. I went up to them while they were in line and asked them where they got the matching nike wristbands and if that meant they were going steady. lol

When we started calling them niners fans, their faces dropped. Oh and by the way. You'll never guess what they looked like unless you are familiar with mort goldman from the family guy. :wink:
my2hands
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:47 am

sasquatch wrote:"these are the best posters for a philly/camden show in the history of PJ posters. no doubt"

I disagree.

i have seen them both in person and to be honest, i dont like them that much... just because they are old and made in ames bros heydey doesnt mean they are the best or cant be topped. this blows them both away in my opinion...

the 1998 is about the size of a handbill and is just some wierd looking guy/thing... the 2000 is a yellow front end loader, which i dont like at all... not to mention they didnt even sell them at the show 8)

to each his own... but i think these 2008's blow those away. including the orange/grey variant
niconude
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:48 am

rssesq wrote:
BarelyAlive wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:
I saw some dude taking a camera pic of the poster last night and I approacked him to see if he was the ninersfan1 dude from ebay (like he would tell me if he truely was anyway.) quote]

I was thinking about this last night when I was at a merch stand and saw someone taking a pic as well. I don't know what any of them look like, but I have some names and addresses of about 3 or 4 of them guaranteed. Not like that does anything, but I have names. That does nothing either come to think of it, but whatever. It was just funny at some point to put some names to Ninersfan finally at that time.

Me and my friend founf ninersfans at the forst show and took pics of them with camara phone. We will post later. they were 3 elderly men, all over 50. They had matching nike wristbands to cover their poster wristbands. I went up to them while they were in line and asked them where they got the matching nike wristbands and if that meant they were going steady. lol

When we started calling them niners fans, their faces dropped. Oh and by the way. You'll never guess what they looked like unless you are familiar with mort goldman from the family guy. :wink:
HAHAHA, that's too funny!
I will swallow poison
untill I grow immune
rssesq
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:49 am

if you were one of the first few in the doors last night, you could have bought the first and second night posters. But after about 15 mins they were out of the first shows poster.
my2hands
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:51 am

rssesq wrote:
BarelyAlive wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:

why would they cover their poster wristbands?

when i was picking mine up last night i asked the guy if they sold out and he told me no, and that they would be selling what was left once they handed out all the ones that had been bought... and there were about 5 guys standing right next to the booth that said thats what they were waiting for :roll:

with all that effort for $50 why dont they just get a fuccing part time job at night? :lol:
rssesq
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 am

my2hands wrote:
rssesq wrote:
BarelyAlive wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:

why would they cover their poster wristbands?

Because then they would go to the next booth and buy another poster wristband because the nike wristband covered the previous one they purchased. they are a very CRAFTY bunch that are not afraid to use subterfuges to get what they desire. $$$$$$$$

when i was picking mine up last night i asked the guy if they sold out and he told me no, and that they would be selling what was left once they handed out all the ones that had been bought... and there were about 5 guys standing right next to the booth that said thats what they were waiting for :roll:

with all that effort for $50 why dont they just get a fuccing part time job at night? :lol:
my2hands
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:56 am

they spend their whole night walking around to the different stands buying wristbands just to make a few $

they need a life

there are so many of these out there that the value is going to come down.. not to mention they were easy as hell to get at the venue... i got mine 10 minutes before pearl jam came on both nights
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:16 am

my2hands wrote:
sasquatch wrote:"these are the best posters for a philly/camden show in the history of PJ posters. no doubt"

I disagree.

i have seen them both in person and to be honest, i dont like them that much... just because they are old and made in ames bros heydey doesnt mean they are the best or cant be topped. this blows them both away in my opinion...

the 1998 is about the size of a handbill and is just some wierd looking guy/thing... the 2000 is a yellow front end loader, which i dont like at all... not to mention they didnt even sell them at the show 8)

to each his own... but i think these 2008's blow those away. including the orange/grey variant
Like I said, I respectfully disagree. This is not one of Klausen's better efforts.
satansbedbugs
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:45 am

This one might be a framer.....finally a bad ass camden/philly poster
Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire..........
Mapman
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:46 am

I doubt anyone will take me up on it, but anyone got an extra they want to sell me? I can't match ebay profits, but I'd be happy to send a little extra. :D
thunderDAN
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 pm

I disagree.

I like both of these better than this 2008
my2hands
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:00 pm

here it is....

samverrill
Art Expert

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:07 pm

What's the background color on the orange version? It looks so much lighter than the red version.
Great art for an important cause: http://screensnspokes.org
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Wow, night two just looks faded or something. Maybe that's what he was going for with the whole "life, death, time" theme. Regardless, I don't like that one at all. I do like night one though.